Morning Glories 2017 #04

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1439246

Thumbnail by patootie

I cannot see my pics before hand. i just have to choose without checking it out 1st.
Still don't know whats wrong with my pic program

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Good Morning and Happy Easter to you all. Jackie, have you tried right clicking and opening with your program? I use Irfinview it is fr and easy. Anyway, I ventured down th stairs to find a bunch of pods from the noid blue and blue and white shibouri I guess that is what they are, anyone want to try those seeds msg me I'll send them. the noid blue came from Joseph Despins long ago. We had a rain last night with heavy wind and my son and i both met each other at the front door just like we did when he was younger and w tried to sit on the porch but the wind was blowing the rain at us. He gave me a hug and told me to go back to bed, he had radar on and told me no worries about tornadoes. I slept almost all day and have ot done anything gardening wize, he said he would bring up and out some plants for me today. no plans for Easter as there are no Grands, Joe made chicken and noodles and bisquits already last night in case Rose makes it over. red and yellow columbines are blooming as is the clematis but one of the clematis plants has big yellow leaves what does that mean? My red buck eye has some kind of rd rust spots on it. I better get Joe to spray that one I do not want to lose it. This is from Joanna a few years back, it is up but not blooming yet.

Thumbnail by joeswife
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Happy Easter everyone.
Beautiful floers Debra. Yellow leaves sounds like too much water. Hard to avoid with all the rain you are getting.
Thanks for the new thread Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Happy Easter everyone! Love the color of your Rebecca and Tulip too, Debra.
Glad your feeling a little better and resting.
Bud from yesterday on pink hige, bloom this morning. Second bloom on Ip. nil vine.
Love the dark blue and dark fuchsia color on last 2 blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are so pretty.

You're welcome Linda.
Debra, years ago Joseph had a beautiful unknown blue that he didn;t recognize. He
sent pics and it was a lovely Akatsuki no Umi. It looks just like Hatsu Arashi
but it had lovely variegated lvs and Hatsu Arashi doesn't..Glad you're resting this wekend.
I'll try right'
clicking on my Fine Pix icon and see if that works. I had so many problems the
other day that fine Pix couldn't help me. I;m going to try and send a pic from my stick mule (flash drive) and see if that works.
Beautiful blooms Helena, I love 3, 4 and 5 because they're so dark and colorful.
Well it worked Debra, here's an unknown from 2012

Thumbnail by patootie
Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

My morning glories are not large enough to show, but look at these huge sprouting seeds and seedlings of the moon vine!

Should I put these outside yet? It is going to rain in a little while. It is 55°.

Thumbnail by evelyn_inthegarden

Gorgeous colors, Helena. I love the last three as well, but the third is my fav. So nice to see that dark blue unknown of yours Jackie. Glad you got your pics! Evelyn, I'd wait until after the rain, unless you have really fast draining soil where you are going to plant them. I set out some seedlings and the rain just broke them. Oh well.. I am pretty sure there is a pot of vines still downstairs. Some blues and purples from
2014 " Tower of Power"

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra ~ I think that you are right. I will wait for warmer weather. In the meantime, I had better get these in larger pots, before they get up and walk away!

Debra, those are beautiful colors.

I have lots of those seeds, girls.

Lovely blooms from your Tower Of Power vines Debra.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Beautiful blue mg Jackie.
Love all your blue and purple blooms too Debra.

First bloom from seed from Elsa "Kongo". My shrimp plant and higes.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

love those shrimp plants. Love the Kongo and glad your higes are "higing" for you. Joe is about to drive me to work. *smh* I miss Elsa!

The Kongo is gorgeous Helena. I like the shrimp plant too.
Beautiful higes.

This message was edited Apr 17, 2017 11:41 AM

Oh my! That Kongo is awesome! I had a yellow shrimp plant years ago, but it got too cold I guess, and never came back.

Quote from joeswife :
Glad your higes are "higing" for you.

Pardon my ignorance but what is higing?

Gautier, MS

Evelyn, I think Debra just means that the hige morning glories are blooming for me.

Just repeat blooms here so no pics today. Nice sunny day too!

Gautier, MS

A few nice repeats.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh my! Those are beautiful Helena!

OK, I am sorry, I still don't know what a high MG is! I did look it up, but did not find the information.

loving those repeats! I saw another solid pink i nil this am, no photo of course. Evelyn, when we really get the feathering going on a "hige" I call it "higing" LOL
So many times we buy seeds and have expectations, and then they don't "flake" or "picotee" or Feather, we are disappointed.
Last year -same day - in basement.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

A hige morning glory, is usually one with lots of smaller petals, and or split petals.

Beautiful flowers Debra.

Lovely blooms Helena. So glad we're getting to enjoy your blooms with you.
Aogakiyama x choc silk still turning out a bloom every few weeks.
Although it looks nothing like what it should look like. Pretty sure its a cross

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, that is very pretty, cross or not.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Love your past blooms Debra! Ao. will always be special Jackie!

Two new blooms for me this morning. Mauve Star & blzd and Mauve Dust maybe it should be "pink dust" but going by what the seed label said.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are very nice Helena, love the white edges.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Gorgeous blooms Helena.
Love the delicate color on the 1st bloom and the'dark star on the 2nd bloom.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Had my turtle friend make a surprise visit this morning too. Gave him a few grapes which he ate but don't think he cared for the cabbage leaves. I think he was looking for water, it hasn't rained here in a while.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Linda ~ Thank you! I understand picotee, feathering, flaking. Where did the term "hige" originate?

All 6 of my Ipomoea alba are up. I will transplant the 6th one into a taller pot.
7 out of 12 I. hederifolia var. lutea are up.

This is my first experience growing Ipomoea. And it is still rather cool here in the foothills...in the 40s and 50s, so it would be too soon to put them out.

All I know is that the hige morning glories are japanese morning glories. Not for sure how it got the name.

Gautier, MS

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/162147/

About Higes

lots of information if you search hige morning glories

This message was edited Apr 20, 2017 9:09 PM

Helena ~ Thank you so much! Now I see what all the fuss is about. Aomurasakihigesibori' is quite a mouthful! They are quite beautiful!

Gautier, MS

You're welcome! Hige Gypsy Bride is quite showy too! As lots of others.

I thought I was getting Gypsy Bride with the blue markings but mine is plainer with pink markings.

It might still change Helena to blue dots Regardless, very
pretty blooms this morning.
Will be a long while b4 I get any new mg blooms.
In the meantime, my pink powder puff is a good bloomer
Juanolloa blooming with a couple of blooms

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Helena. Those morning glories are beautiful.

Jackie, I have never heard of or seen that last one! WOW!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Hope you are right Jackie, it did start out very slowly as a hige.

Beautiful powder puff blooms Jackie. I have a rare one from LA I hope to see blooms.
I use to have that orange bloom plant too years ago. I just made another seed order on ebay with some good hummingbird plant. Starting them is another story.

OH WOW, LOTS TO CATCH UP ON. SNEAKING IN FROM WORK...

Gautier, MS

Glad you got to sneak in Debra. Enjoy your weekend.
First bloom on wild dawn just repeats on other mgs. When my other ip nil have no defects blooms then I'll post.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.