Morning Glories 2017 #02

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1437327

Weird Blue Saz showing 2 patterns on one vine
Cocoa choc
Unknown

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie, love the first one! But others are nice too.

I counted 25 mg seedlings that need to go to the gh from inside and also into bigger cups but it got a bit cold today so I'll wait. Still just as many in gh that need bigger cups too. I might be overdoing it but I'm trying to grow the older seeds before they go bad as many already done.

Thanks Helena. I wasn't hand pollinating in 2010 so I guess I;ve lost the Weird Saz blooms/genes # 2 Cocoa Choc is the same color as the Aogakiyama blooms.
Glad you;ve got so many going so we can enjoy the blooms with you. I just don;t have that much energy now. I have tons that are also getting too old to germinate.
Aogakiyama yesterday Kinda looks like a cross.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2017 9:19 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful bloom Jackie. Love what it's doing!

I don't have that much energy either Jackie. I'm kind of pushing myself a little everyday. Yesterday I picked up pots, setting them neatly so I can re-use the dirt. I have tones of leaves that need raking where the pots were. I'm afraid that I might end up overwhelmed with too many mgs to grow.

Thanks Helena.
I have pots scattered all over the yard. Wish I could have a building or shelves to store them.
Hope you don;t burn out Helena with spring not even here yet.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie.

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Gautier, MS

Me too Jackie, but I'm pretty sure I'll be using those gallon pots again and will probably run out of them.

Here's what my mg vines look like. I did take them to the gh yesterday, needed to get my next batch under the lights. On the first pic, you'll see the specks going up the stem. The color on those 2 vies is going to be a purple with violet dots from Azuremore.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Nice looking babies. I did not know the vine colors predicted the flower color.

Helena, your seedlings look great. I can't see the markings on the stems, just another
sign I need my other eye operated on to remove the cataract. Dr says he will do that surgery this yr,
I hope when i do start a few mg's, they look as healthy as yours.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie! Linda, Fujishibori has the same specks marking. Just something neat ones with dots and specks do.
Jackie, I thought you might have to enlarge the pic to see the pecks. Sorry your eyes still cause you problem. It will be good for you when your Dr. does the surgery.

Beautiful warm day here, so ready for spring!
Blooms from 2015.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Edited for the dbl post.

This message was edited Feb 19, 2017 5:01 PM

Helena, beautiful blooms from 2015.
Even when i enlarge your pics, can;t see the dots on the stems. I dread the surgery but maybe I can put it off until Sept. That way I can enjoy some blooms b4 I
have it done.

Helena, those are beautiful.

Jackie, when is your surgery?

Linda, no date set as of yet. I go back in around April, guess he will set a time then.
Hopefully he will let me pick a time frame.

Another Aogakiyama, different from the one a few days ago. this one almost has'
a Mauve splash look. Maybe one of my cross sds from a few yrs ago.
Blue Lav Beauty not coming true from seed. I wonder if this one is actually Lite Blue Tie Dye

This message was edited Feb 21, 2017 3:49 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are very pretty.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie. The first one is very neat looking!

Thanks Linda and Helena.
I don;t know what to make of the 1st one Helena. I did pollinate it and the bloom it made a few days ago. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=10279091

This message was edited Feb 21, 2017 2:10 PM

This is Weird Blue Saz that's been making blooms off and on, but this one is
different; lavender with white and showing blue specks. very pretty
One more shot

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are beautiful. love the blue specks!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Me too!
sorry about roadrunner. I didn't know her but I know a lot of people did.
So pretty to see your blooms, Jackie. I talked to a friend who had both her eyes done and she said it was a breeze and she is glad she did it.
Helena, your babies are very healthy. I am impressed with how many you are growing!
I have some started, but need to go down ad check them out. I have't been able to muster up the energy to go outside and rake leaves, move pots etc., but I will. Rai! we got enough rain to fill all my barrells.,so happy.
I left work today after the SS office told me I was already over the limit for income earned. My managers said that I told my owner that I wanted to retire, actually I said I'd hope to work part time when I retire, he took that and ran with it, I guess. So I went ahead and applied, immediately was approved and awarded, but found out my monthly is greatly reduced from me working the first part of the month already. I downloaded a file and sent it off asking for a "hold" on the monthly until I get a feel for what I am doing at work, which right now, is nothing. The staff is awesome and they are going to miss me for sure. My ower is in some exotic place on vacation with his wife. He has the good life. I'm glad for him.
I talked to two ex DG'r friends yesterday, they are both active Grandma's now, I feel so left out! LOL Oh well. The cape honeysuckle downstairs is blooming after not blooming for two years, weird. I almost sent it away! The apple blossom pink oleander is also blooming. I took a cutting from it, hope it takes.
Can't wait to see more blooms, those that you both have posted are very pretty and cheerful. God Bless you all.

Thanks Linda and Debra.
Debra, in a few yrs, you won't have a cap on your earnings.

Sorry there was a mix up with your retirement date, but just remember that things happen for a reason. Now you will have more time for your kids and gardening. Maybe soon some grand kids too?

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Hope you tag those and hand pollinated.

Hope it all turns out good for your retirement Debra. I'm sure you will find lots of things to do to keep busy.

Thanks Helena. I did hand pollinate so hopeful for seeds.

Blooms from 2012

Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone

Great blooms Tony. # 3 is my favorite but the dark purple in # 1 is pretty too.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Tony, were you able to grow # 3 my favorite too in following years?

We are having beautiful days here. Have to take some seedlings to gh a little early to make room under lights for my next batch.
Anyone know the name of #3 picture, seems that these appear all over my pots.
# 4 is orange blossoms appearing maybe a bit too early.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Morning everyone.
Beautiful blooms Tony!

Helena, picture #3 looks like carrots? Very pretty fern looking plant, what ever it is.

Helen, yep! Still goin' strong!
Blooms from 2013.
Also had blooms from 2014-15 but my camera was out of commission:-(

Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. I don't think it's carrots. I was thinking something like maybe Queen's Ann Lace (sp?)

Tony, that is great that you have kept that pretty mg growing!

More good looking seedlings Helena. Maybe your # 3 is coming out of your
potting soil since its showing up in a bunch of your pots?
I bet your orange blossom blooms smell wonderful.
A couple of purps 2013
# 3 unknown nil
# 4 no Mai ?

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

I think so too Jackie, except that wheel barrel pot has undisturbed soil with salvia growing in it. I think it has tiny white flowers, I'll probably pull them out eventually.

Love your pretty purpureas Jackie. They look very healthy. I will have different purpureas this year that I'm trying out! Pretty no Mai too.

Thanks Helena. I'm going to try to find all my purp seeds and get
them all in one box. I would like to grow a few this yr.
The last few yrs, I;ve just had purp volunteers.
From 2013

This message was edited Feb 25, 2017 5:51 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful bloom everyone!

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Pretty purpureas Jackie. They are special too! New varieties of them too, lots of crosses. I hope you do grow yours out too. I can never pull up the volunteers.

Thanks Helena. I leave my volunteers growing too. I know I have a few
pretty purps you've shared with me that I can start. I still can;t find my envelope from Colin.
All from 2013
Can't remember what this 1st bloom is, a 2nd day bloom?
Dark purp
# 3 unknown
# ?
# 5 Purple tie dye ?

This message was edited Feb 26, 2017 1:29 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Jackie, those are beautiful blooms! It's really nice to see what we grew and the gorgeous blooms.
Wish mine would start making buds.

I agree, those are beautiful blooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.