Morning Glories 2016 #17

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1433255

From July 2014

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
I am at the airport waiting on my flight back to Texas. I will be home about 7:00 tonight.

Thanks Linda
Its great to go visit but oh so nice to come home.. :-)

Gautier, MS

Beautiful pictures Jackie.

I second that! It's home sweet home to me. It's been kind of cool here.

It was 30 when I left Michigan yesterday, 72 when I got to Texas. But my sinus' were clear in Michigan. I guess the freeze killed the pollen?

Linda, Don't quote me but I think the pollen is only flying when plants/trees are actively growing, blooming, etc
Hope you had a jacket with you. :-)

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Guess Debra is busy helping to prepare for the move to her
dealership's new location.

This message was edited Nov 13, 2016 12:47 PM

I sent her a link for the new thread.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

I'm didn't go out to look for any blooms from my mgs.

Thanks Helena.
Been cooler here too but we have 70's coming back this week until this
next weekend. Highs will be in the 50's. Oh well, I;m just glad the really cold stuff has held off this long. What a wonderful fall we've had here. The nicest one in a long time.

Gautier, MS

Been really cool in the mornings here. Back to homework and soccer practice and games here.
Noticed my solid chocolate, choco silk has pretty leaves but some have rust and the tiny green bugs coming back. Only one seed pod on it, most of the blooms have been sterile.

Helena, I know you'll be extra busy now with the kids in soccer.So much fun'
though to watch our kids play sports.. Like you, we used to always be either at
practice or a game.
Sorry you have to battle rust problems.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I'm not worried about the rust, just snip the leafs that I see has them off.

I'm waiting to pot up a few more seedlings I started the other day. I think I'm a gluten for punishment. Is that the saying?

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Hi you guys.. sorry been MIA, I was down all weekend sick with what ever Joe had, so now we are both just sniffling and coughing together. Work is crazy, I wish I had some more blooms to show you, but I have not been out to the back yard since weekend before last. I still have three tropicals in ground and it is supposed to be 82 tomorrow and then in the 20's on Friday but I can't do anything to save them, and since I can replace those with cuttings, I'll just have Joe get some snippings and not worry about it. The boys did bring in the banana, it is so big it is laying sideways in the basement. I love your blooms from 2014, Jackie and the blooms on your sanseveria is so cool. Helena, hoping we see some blooms from your new vines, and hope you all keep posting for me as I go into the craziest two weeks of my whole work career. :P Glad you are home safe and sound Linda, thanks for the bread crumbs back to you all! before and after... don't laff LOL kings mantle and hibiscus are happy down there...

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

I hope you get some pretty winter blooms to share with us Helena.
I had a Blue Lav Beauty setting buds but was climbing up its own stem
Trying to unwind it, I broke the stem and it was loaded with buds. I;m trying to root the broken part in water.
Thanks Debra.
Glad you;re feeling better. Hoping I don;t catch anything going around. I'm
trying to remember to take my Vit C every day.
I see your banana plant got huge. Your plants look great in the basement.
and I love your Thunbergia and Hibiscus.

Sorry to hear you both had the crud, get well soon!

Gautier, MS

Hope your feeling better Debra. A few in my family have the cough and sniffles too.

I took pics in the afternoon yesterday of wild blue dawn with block bloom. It's pretty high up tree so hard to see, same 2 blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

WOW THAT IS BEAUTIFUL! I DIDN'T KNOW BLUE DAWN THRU BLOCKS. AMAZING. (AT WORK, SORRY FOR CAPS LOCKS)

Gautier, MS

I didn't either Debra. Forgot to mention your great plants, love the banana tree.
Love the gorgeous yellow hibiscus and Thunbergia, I have one that didn't bloom.

Well i didn;t know it to ever throw blocks either very pretty.

I;ll try to start on sending out my seeds soon for my regular traders. :-)

Helena, that is beautiful!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.

Well, if only the camera could capture the beautiful color of wild blue dawn's blooming on the ground. I took pictures with 3 different cameras and only my phone camera came close to true color. But I still can't figure out why it doesn't down load to my email. So here is the pic from my other camera.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, that is a great pic of your WBD even if its not the one from your phone cam.
Can you not download to a picture file and then share your phone pics from
that file?? Maybe there's something wrong with your settings.Just guessing, I;m not'
very good with a computer or a cell phone.

I have dropbox on my phone and computer. When I take a picture with my camera, it automatically sends a backup copy to my computer.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I use to see the dropbox pop up but I couldn't figure it out.
I also had my oldest daughter try to figure out why all of a sudden I can't down load my pictures from camera to email and she wasn't able to either....so I don't know.

Wish we could help you Helena. You might try the camera and photography forum,
You might also try googling for some help. Maybe send a pic of what you'see when you try to download your phone pics (what options it gives you) Your drop down menu must have got turned off some way,.

This message was edited Nov 18, 2016 3:53 AM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie but it's ok cause I do have at least 2 cameras that I can still take pics with. That's all that counts. Downloading too it doesn't take as long. I just have to not be too lazy.

Morning everyone, it dropped to 42 this morning, and the car had a light frost, but I don't think it hit the gardens. Things are still blooming here.

Canna, Confederate rose, purple mexican petunia, betty boop rose, joseph coat rose.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

I'm glad you can still share pics with us Helena. :-)

Pretty blooms Linda. Love your plants!!!

Gautier, MS

I had to get my 2 g-sons to help with bringing my plants into the green house. It was windy yesterday here. I didn't have as many plants to bring in as in previous years. This morning was cold enough for me to turn on the heater. But I think that the plants survived outside ok.
Beautiful flowers Linda, good thing about living in the South is that we get to have a longer growing season and enjoy our blooms longer too.

We had our first freeze last nite Helena. Glad you got the rest of your plants in.
I've been trying to repot/pot-up lots of plants but had to stop to try and get ready for Thankgiving.

Gautier, MS

I know I missed a few plants the other day. Oh well, I need to check on them today. I didn't feel like doing it yesterday. I had to start a bunch of the salvias to root in soil that broke off in the pots. I see frost this morning too Jackie, mainly on the car windows.
Thinking about getting ready for Thanksgiving too.

Helena, we're not doing as much this yr. Big giant pot of dressing and DH wants ham. I want fried chicken this yr to have something different.,A few
side dishes and my homemade from scratch banana pudding,

Gautier, MS

Sounds good Jackie, I'm sure everything will taste good.

My sons are cooking the ham and turkey, everyone else will make the other dishes.

hi guys, sorry, was working all weekend and Sunday was spent getting things outside cleaned up a bit ( not much) it froze here so down went the canna's and the castor bean, Joe loved that thing. Everything here is done done done. Glad you guys down south can cheer us up with blooms. I will be working straight thru until Wednesday, including Sunday since we are all helping with the move. Sure love seeing these photos and chat when I do hop on for a few. I am still sick, but no fever so now my poor mouth has imploded with blisters all over and I spent the day hiding in my office , hoping for my lips to quit swelling over night. I don't know where all this stuff comes from, no kids around me, and Dr said to be prepared for a month of symptoms. *sigh* we aren't putting on Thanksgiving, we are going over to Joe's Brother's place and all the kids will meet us there. I'm making a pecan pie, Joe is making his famous dressing, and Joanna will do the taters and Rose her corn dip. Sitting here watching Joe clean off the huge 20.00 pork roast he got for 5 bucks at the store last week, he cooked it in the crock pot all day. There is enough meat to feed us until Thursday and into next week LOL. I have my seeds all packaged up, in a big bag ready to put into mailers when I have enough time to get that done, won't happen until after Thanksgiving , tho.
This brug was a stick when I stuck it into the ground back there, and now it is all chopped up. Please holler if ya want some of her..Joe brought the huge pot of salvias into the garage, he thinks I should keep them going, silly man.. I told him if he gets it downstairs I'll do the rest. 4th pic is money plant seed pods in a vase, looks like a Christmas tree sorta, if u want some they are white. Nice spring plants, from my sister. I keep them growing every year by replanting in memory of her. Last pic is a lobelia that was a late bloomer out front, Joe had to cut it back to dig out the banana, thats all for now, talk later. (hugs to you all)

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Nice to hear from you Debra, sorry to hear you are still sick. Sounds like you got a nasty bug of some sort!
Beautiful plants.
It will be just Todd and I here for Thanksgiving. We are going to cook ham, mashed potatoes, green beans and pies. Pecan and pumpkin.

Deb, Joe should have dug up his Castor Bean plant,potted it up, and took it to the basement.
Lovely Brug and what is the red blooming vining shrub, not an Erythrina??
Hope your blisters start to heal soon

Linda, we cook for 7 people and that takes a lot of food. I'll make a whole gallon of dressing, It will be gone by Friday evening.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra.

Taking a break to wish everyone a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy Thanksgiving everybody

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.