Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1432421

Photo's from 2012
Blue Lavender Beauty
Japanese Asago 3 and 4
Mutant dfnm Diluted fuji no murasaki # 2i
Another Blue Lav Beauty
wish I had grown one this yr,
Wonder why my pics end up in a different order than how I sent them?

This message was edited Oct 28, 2016 11:47 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread and beautiful blooms.

Helena, I loved your blooms. Very pretty.

You're welcome Linda.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

gorgeous set to start out with, Jackie. I found that when I upload slowly, my pics are almost done previous.. it keeps the order in order, but sometimes, I edit my post to match the pic flow.. LOL whatever that meant. looking forward to some blooms this winter.
from August 2015 and firespike.. ( firespike is in bloom now)

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Gorgeous blooms Debra. Is the 1st one a Carnival of Venice? Pretty color.
Love the Lav # 2 and the white with pale blue # 4. The Firespike is'a beauty too.

Bebra, those are beautiful!

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I think you are right about my solid chocolate looking more like rose silk. This is what it looks after it opened this morning. I did fertilize a few of my mgs earlier.

Beautiful blooms Debra!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena.
Its very pretty in the darker color.. Please save me a seed or 2. :-)

Helena, that is so pretty.

Does anyone know the name of this morning glory. A friend posted it on facebook, looking for a name.

Thumbnail by taters55

Linda, her mg is very pretty. Looks like it could be a blue Sazanami or
Blue Tie Dye, Just guesses and probably not very good ones at that. :-(
There's another 1 or 2 it resembles but can't think of the names right now.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Jackie, I will save you seeds from the solid chocolate (aka) rose silk. I had 3 nice blooms from it yesterday that I took and wanted to post. But my phone refused to send it to my email so I could download it. I tried all day, don't know what's wrong with my phone. I will go back to taking pics with my real camera, unfortunately I didn't have any nice blooms today.
Pretty hige and purpurea Jackie.

Linda your friends bloom could be Sazanami like Jackie said. Also resembles Tsukiyono (sp?) a bit.

Gautier, MS

I checked Onalee's site, she has a lot of mg Discontinued including Tsukiyono. When I grew it I did have a gray one. This is what her Tsukiyono looked like. Your friends might be Sazanami, I grew Jackie"s lavender 2 years ago and liked it a lot.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are really nice!

Those are beautiful blooms Helena. The 2nd one looks a lot like my Mauve splash cross with Aogakiyama from 2 yrs ago.
My Mina Lobata finally has buds on it, so happy. I had to move everything to the g house so hope that doesn't interfere with the Mina getting ready to bloom. It had 'been setting on my carport,.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I thought it looked like Mauve Splash cross with Aogakiyama too. Wish Onalee's hadn't discontinued Tsukiyono, I would have bought another packet of $12.00 seeds.
Hope your Mina Lobata blooms for you soon. I haven't grown those in quite awhile.

Looked out my back door and saw that wild blue dawn had blooms this morning. Still open somewhat around 4, I got my camera to take a few pictures. They were way up the tree branches. My salvias are blooming nicely too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, Love your Wild Blue Dawn, Nice Salvias too.

Love your blooms Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. It was a cool windy morning here. Camera battery had to be recharged so late pics of my wild blue dawn. It's always nice to see the little red mgs too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love your red mg and the beautiful Wid Blue Dawn. I would like to grow some of the smaller mg's p next summer Helena. along with my nils.
Helena this is the 1st time in over 25 yrs I've started a Mina Lobata. I notice a
couple of her buds are larger today. I think these are sds that Debra shared with me.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2016 9:11 PM

you all have given me some really nice eye candy to gaze at tonight. I am almost done with this work week. Tonight I did a walk around and saw I have patches of vines blooming away on the fences here and there, and even on the alley. That does look like a Sanzami, LK, and a pretty one at that! This year I did not grow a mina lobata, so can't wait to see yours bloom, Jackie. Helena, your salvias are awesome and the seeds you sent me have produced some lovely plants and are blooming like crazy. It is dipping down to 40 here tonight, everything except a few brugs and one EE is in so far. I saved a few vines in pots I cut away so I can have winter blooms, I am sure some of them are from you all. Take care all of you..

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra. Debra glad your work week is over, enjoy your weekend.
I have a bunch of salvia seedlings that I started a couple of weeks ago and need to transplant Debra. Always loved growing salvias.

Very cool windy here this morning, should start to take a few plants into gh.
Look at the neat color of solid chocolate, rose silk 2 blooms today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Debra, you made me stop and think b4 I toss all of my old mg vines,. A few of them have what looks like new greenery so I'll try to break off the old dead growth down to the new and see if they will take off growing again and give me a few more blooms. :-)

Helena, absolutely gorgeous blooms from your Rose silk, has got to be a cross
with such a vibrant color. What a beauty!!!

WHOA!! THAT IS AN AWESOME COLOR? THAT IS A CHOCOLATE? IT IS AMAZING AS TO WHAT COOL AIR DOES TO DELICATE BLOOM TISSUE. SPECTACULAR! WORK IS KIND OF SLOW TODAY WHICH IS GOOD, IT GIVES ME TIME TO MAKE MY CALLS, AND UPDATE MY TRACKER. THE NEW BUILDING IS ALMOST DONE, AND SOON I WILL BE IN MY BRAND NEW OFFICE.
I AM GLAD TO MOVE INTO IT AFTER THANKSGIVING, BUT I AM NOT PLANNING ON LOVING IT SO MUCH I CAN'T LEAVE IT IN APRIL ...
( TARGETED RETIREMENT DATE)

Helena, that color is so vibrant, very pretty.

What will you do when you retire Debra?

Debra, I didn't realize you were so close to retirement. That's wonderful.

Hi ladies, I cut down the vines on the gate, I never got to see them bloom, but they look like a large blue with ivy shaped leaves if memory serves me right. I saved some seeds , they could have been Jackies PPV, but again, I never got to see them bloom.
I am going to go see people when I retire., I'll drive down to Paula for sure and then hopefully get to see Linda as well. I'll go north and see friends up there, and when I come home I'll start "deep cleaning" and then take it one day at a time until I get on somewhere part time for something to do while waiting for one of my three to get their family instinct going. Joanna said I'd make a good day time Uber driver for the elderly, and I will volunteer for Hospice here in Derby. That is all I know right now.. LOL I still have stuff blooming , they said no freeze expected here until November.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Love your blooms Debra. Beautiful MG"s. Wow on the purple with windows.
Nice to see a pretty little Marigold and that great color on your 4 o'clock.

Sounds like you will stay busy. I would love to see you again.
Love your blooms, very pretty colors.

Gautier, MS

Love all your beautiful blooms Debra. Looks like you still are going to be pretty busy when you retire!

My solid chocolate, rose silk and other blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, Love your Roses and pretty 4 o'clock too. The solid chocolate is
really pretty. when I grew Mr Hudsons solid choc, maybe late 80's, early 90's,
mine turned out a choc. But my friend who owned her own nursery grew
hers in more sun and I'm pretty sure it was the color of your bloom. a lovely dusky,
reddish brown, I wonder if your sds will make this color bloom or revert back to a
Chocolate? Won't know till you grow out a couple next yr,.

Mina Lobata with tiny buds but getting larger every day
Pink Abutilon
A different m-I-laws tongue budding
My ochracea looking better after repotting, hope I get a couple of blooms
Cryptanthus ??? Only reason I haven't killed it is I just ignore it.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

well it is so good to see so much color still for us all. I love the roses, Helena. I can almost smell them. Is the first one a mrs lincoln? The yellow 4 o clock is my favorite color on those plants and they are the most fragrant as well. The darker color on your chocolate is leaning to the burnished red color and I like it.
Jackie, I did not know mil plant bloomed! I can tell you yours is a "moonshine" tho. I have one too. a small one. Love those abutilons, and can't wait to see the mina lobata. My basement is stuffed and there are plants in the garage waiting to be brought in and down, prolly will do that tomorrow after work. They are being "de-bugged" right now. I had some company today, the neighbor girls and another little girl all came over and we dug for grubs in the compost pile for the turtles and painted rocks for the rock gardens. The youngest girl is Hadley, she has been fighting cancer for three years now. She is in a 8 month remission. Such a fighter!

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Awe, love your garden helper Debra. So glad to hear she is in remission.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra.
Looks like your little friends enjoyed painting their rocks. Glad to hear she is in remission too.

I'm trying to start t figure out what I might want to grow next year. I did buy new seeds for something different but then I love growing the old favorites too. So there I go again over doing it and getting overwhelped before I even start.

A horrible day I;ve had. Debra, yes I bought Moonshine/.Moonglow under one of'those names a long time ago. its my favorite m-i-l's tongue. the one'that bloomed for me this past summer.was a beauty (the blooms). i don;t think Moonshines blooms can even come close. We will see.
Great pics, pretty little girls. A wonderful gift of remission for Hadley.

Lol Helena. I do the same thing. Every yr it gets a little harder for us to
grow so many mg's.

I know how both of you feel, I always want to try the new ones you have sent me, and always want at least one of the old favorites.. quandary ... we are just hooked on morning glorys...I had a ball with those lil ones. Next visit we are going to make something cool... dog treats! :) ( they all have dogs, lots of dogs)
I really want to grow some named i nils like dainigon, ( spelling?) seiyru, keiryu, and all those ones I can't spell too. LOL some of the dogs and 2015 morning glories..

Beautiful blooms from 2015 Debra. I grew Dainagon for the 1st time this yr and I should have some seeds for you and Helena. Should have Edo Twilight too
and the lovely Morning Breeze, shown here, all 3 pks of seeds from Ronnie.

Thumbnail by patootie

Those dogs are so cute on the fence. They look like they are waiting on a treat.

Love all your blooms.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. Dogs seem friendly!

Jackie, can't wait till late Feb. or early March to get some new mgs growing. Bet you I will probably try growing some before then though. Just not sure about getting them to bloom.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

You all have such beautiful morning glories! Honestly I haven't had much luck with all but he perennial purple, mina lobata, and this little annual yellow morning glory. The flowers aren't as big and beautiful but it is charming. I'm thinking I'll try it in a hanging basket next year. It would look good as a mixer with some of the more spectacular ones. I have seeds and would trade for ?

Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee

Hi Dee and welcome! Jackie that Morning Breeze is electric in it's neon blue with the overlay of purple. *swoon* you know I love those blues. Those dogs are currently on a hunting trip, y'all, so now Joe can go and rim all that stuff on that fence for me. They are very friendly , they are just big and bark a lot.
love that cute lil yellow mg, there Dee, good growing! 'll send ya some seeds, if you are in the address exchange.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.