Morning Glories 2016 #15

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1431698

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.
Debra, your blooms are beautiful. I don't miss the snow, and so glad it hardly falls here.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
Debra, I missed your last post with the pics of snow. I don't like cold winters either.
But love that last pic of white hige, Gypsy Bride?

I'm glad this vine finally decided to bloom. A pink silk cross from Dany's seeds I grew in 2013. I don't blame you for waiting to grow the blue silk cross Jackie. Too iffy about getting them to produce seeds in winter. And the rest of my repeat blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, we'll see what Deb says but I kinda doubt its Gypsy Bride because it
doesn't have the pretty blue dots on some of the petals that Gypsy Bride is
known for.
Your blooms are lovely and the Pink Silk cross is a beauty..

Helena, those are beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

I agree with you Jackie, It's probably not Gypsy Bride. I didn't really look closely at Debra's bloom pic. Seems that there a lot of new combinations of higes now a days.

Helena, they are hard to id. I love higes but
they just don't do well for me.

This message was edited Sep 28, 2016 2:28 AM

Gautier, MS

I agree Jackie, I've never had one blooming real good either.

Revisiting blooms from 2014!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena absolutely gorgeous blooms from 2014. You had wonderful blooms that yr especially, My fave yr for me was 2013 . I always think each new yr will be the best for me to grow mg's and that's not what happens. :-(

All Purps today

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie and Helena, your blooms are gorgeous.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

Love your beautiful blooms Jackie! Purps are really special too.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, my purps were late blooming on the fence. I don't know why.
I'm just glad I've got a few new mg's started. None have popped up yet.
If I had started them early in Aug, they would be getting tall by now.
Only started the ones I have plenty of seeds of.
I would love to start more but will be short on room in the g house.

Gautier, MS

Hope your mgs pop up soon Jackie. I hope I don't loose my seedlings, they need transplanting. I have a few outside, was afraid they needed real sun. It felt slightly cool this morning. Only a few blooms, they will finish soon. I did start some salvia seeds early this week. Most germinated, will have to keep them going through the fall and winter. Started some cuttings from my other just bought salvias through the mail. I'm enjoying the hummers migrating now.
My nicest blooms from yesterday and this morning. Don't know why some purps take so long to bloom either.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are very pretty, but that last pictures is beautiful, half solid with a small stripe, and other half is speckled!

Helena, hope you can make the time to pot up your mg seedlings. Time
is what I don't have right now,. Cool here this am too.
So happy, 5 of my mg seeds have germinated. The other 5 are just needing to be watered in better, will try to do that today,
Beautiful blooms Helena . Love the pretty color block on your C of Venice.
Unknown mg in a tiny pot.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.

Pretty bloom Jackie. I had lots of unknown this year too. Now I'm just looking to see that the rest of the seeds finish drying. Some of the vines only have a few pods left. Happy that your seedling have germinated, I know the others will too.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

oh gosh u guys, somehow I lost my way *again* would ya come and find me if I don't show for a day? Anyway, I love love love the blooms you two are showing. Gorgeous. Have no clue what to call the higes, this am there was one that looked like a jaimie lynn hige, and then there were two peppermint hige, can't remember where the seeds came from. been missing my blooms cuz of work and today is Joe's 65th bd, I came home to a roast in the crock pot he made and it was delish. I dragged in four pots to the garage and got them sprayed, told Joe I was done and now I am really pooped.
Love the color blocks on the purps, Helena. Jackie, that little pic of that bloom is a pretty powerful color. Man, it is chill here!
From Sept 29 2015

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Happy birthday Joe!

Love those blooms Debra.

Thanks Helena. I hope my other 5 germinate. I'll wait a little while and if they don't,
I'll just over plant them with other mg sds. I;m still waiting on sds to dry too but
I;ve been able to throw away about 10 to 15 mg vines that are finished, sds and all.
Hope Joe had a good birthday.
Lovely blooms from last yr Debra. Pretty Purple Ga Strait # 2 and that dark purple
is beautiful. Is it Purple no Fuji?

This message was edited Sep 30, 2016 7:16 PM

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. Hope Joe had a great bd.

It was pretty cool this morning. I really like my pink silk cross bloom from this morning. Other repeats.

Jackie, I'm reusing my pots for my seedlings.

Helena, I love your Pink Silk cross. So pretty and the dark purple is a beauty.
I've really enjoyed everyone's Carnival of Venice blooms. I didn't have any with the
pink coloration,. I have a new pkg to plant next yr and hopefully I'll have some rose
or pink colors to go with the blue.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, I like that pink silk cross too. I'm glad it finally decided to bloom.

I found a packet of purpureas too that I'll be planting next year. I need to do better job on planting purpureas next year.

I think your pink silk is very beautiful, too. Jackie that GS from last year was from you.. most of my blooms have come from you two so you should knowing I grow what you send me. What a nice collection of Blooms today, too Helena. I need to start some new seeds from you, I found a bag of seeds while looking for the tree seeds that LK sent me. Can't remember the names, but they were all blooming when we ere there last year in early Spring I think. Big red seeds? anyway, the magnolias down the street are full of seed heads with bright red seeds in them.. so pretty.
I saw Halloween ( edited to say CHRISTMAS!) decorations in Dollar General the other day while looking for clearance items on the Garden section, was so disappointed!

This message was edited Oct 1, 2016 7:31 PM

Helena, I've lost a pkg from Colin who used to be here on our forum. It had some species sds and fancy purp sds. I pulled them out to go thru last yr or the yr b4 and
that was the last time I saw them, so disappointed. Hopefully they will turn up b4 they get too old to sprout.

Debra. I wish I could plant everything everyone sends me each yr, but I
can't. I do want to start some of the mixes you've sent me cause they contain some beauties that you grew in yrs past. I;m trying to slowly plant some of the older
sds from 07 and 08 b4 they get too old.
My $ store has had Christmas stuff on the shelf for more than 2 weeks, smh

Big red seeds will be the mountain laurel seeds I sent.

Helena those blooms are beautiful!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I manage to misplace seeds too Jackie. My mistake years ago in not writing down the year I was collecting seeds. I do that now, and describing the bloom. Still manage to collect a few seeds and forget the name by the time I get inside though, smh.
These blooms from today. # 3 is solid chocolate that came out pink in picture.

Helena, those are very pretty. Love that first blue one!

Gorgeous blooms Helena Love all of those..
You're still getting lovely blooms from
your Kikyou. Pretty Rebecca too.
I 4get what sds I just gathered too at times when I try'to
gather too many on the same trip.
I store mine by the yr grown so
I;ve done pretty good at keeping track of the yr, A dual purpose since I usually want to plant the oldest sds first but sometimes some yrs made prettier blooms than others
See the 3 Sulphur??? butterflies on the Surprise Lilies

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

pretty choc bloom Helena. I also love your blue and that kikyo. I guess I should plant some of the seeds from 2007 I have had forever, just to see if they are going to do anything LOL
We took down the tomato, pandurata, cinnamon vine area today and I potted up a husky cherry and five different pepper plants from that area, we will see what happens when I bring them in. It was a fun day today , I had the two little girls over, they were helping me "cut back" some things and then they decorated cups and planted a piece of what they cut up to see "what happens" the brug is blooming again and they were entranced by it, then we went to the pet store and got some crickets for the turtles, and they looked at all the snakes, spiders and fish and critters there, it was fun! I would make such a great Grandma , they are the closest thing to grandkids I have right now.. so glad their mom and dad lets me dote on them. anyway, it was a good day, Joe cooked catfish and I cooked okra.
love those sulphers on that red spider lily, Jackie. I just read that Sharon Brown died, she was a writer of a lot of articles here on DG before she left for NG site. I really liked her. Glad I got to know her the little I did.
You all stay safe and sound and thanks , LK for reminding me what those seeds are!
weird that these were blooming on this same day last year,,, no shows this year?

This message was edited Oct 2, 2016 9:12 PM

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Love your blooms Debra. Beautiful lilies and Zinnia,
Glad you had a fun day today.

So sorry to hear about Sharon's passing. I enjoyed quite a few of her articles..

Very pretty blooms ladies.
Glad you had help this weekend Debra.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I was trying to make a list of 20 of all my favorite mgs to grow but have the reached it yet.
Pretty blooms Jackie. I have lots of the yellow Sulphur butterflies too. Also see lots of skipper's too.
Beautiful blooms from the past Debra. Glad you enjoyed your day with the little girls.

Blooms from 2014!

Gorgeous speckleds Helena, #1 and #4 is drop dead gorgeous.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful morning glories everyone.

Oops, sent the same 2 pics by mistake earlier, a Sr moment for me.
I meant to send this pretty little white bloom, the only other bloom I had today,.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Ladies. I should go through my pics and delete blurry ones, huge job though.

Pretty blooms Jackie. All blooms are special.

Jackie that is very pretty.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Dh building new dog houses and we're trying to get started on the g house.
Gathering sds during this nice dry period in fall when every day is wonderful.
weather wise, my favorite time of yr, Repotted 10 or so plants in the last few days,
one is ochracea. Will see if that will spark some buds.
I need to work on deleting pics too Helena, a huge job I agree and I don;t have time. I know you don't either with small children keeping you busy,

I wish I had started a list of my favorites, too. Helena what a great idea! I didn't realize you had small ones around you, lucky you! I love your number 1, 2 and number 3, from 2014.
Jackie glad you are having good weather and good help with the dog houses and soon the greenhouse. Joe and I brought in and de-bugged about ten more big plants today, they are all downstairs already. we went to a movie and I go back to work tomorrow. Neighbor behind me is having a leg amputated from the knee down on this Wednesday, I have volunteered to help with Oreo, his dog. He is a nice man and he really loves his dog. barely got a sprinkle tonight after all the"hoopdie do"
about baseball size hail, tornado-like winds and flooding rains, our sprinkle lasted ten minutes.. LOL Looks like 2014 was a good year for you Helena. Love the white bloom, Jackie, is it an i nil?
pics this day a year ago in 2015

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.