Morning Glories 2016 # 14

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1430973
Count Drac in 2012
unknown kikyou, one of Karen2005's I'm sure.
This was classified the same as the Carrion flower at one time.
then it was reclassified a Huernia now its
something else

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie. Neat flower, I like the color too.

Love what I got in this smoky blue bloom, a lot prettier than the pic shows. My other repeats, #4 is Blushing Bride with a bit damage but first bloom so happy I did have it just didn't know where it was. Jackie that chocolate wasn't that big, I need to fertilize than maybe I'll get bigger blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

looks like ya all still have great blooms to me.. everything here is waterlogged and laid down, hoping the dry wind tonight will pick things up a bit. supposed to rain the next 7 days, we came home to some water in the basement, nothing like our neighbors to the south of us ( In Belle Plaine) with 5 ft of water and all.. so many peeps around here are flooded and have lost cars and houses this summer. The state fair just started, it will be a wash out. The arboretum is flooded big time. I am not gonna whine over a bit of water in the basement, Charlie and Rose made dams out of the newspapers for us while we were gone.. LOL

Helena, love your smokey blue blooms. I think its a beautiful mg.
Love MS, one of my very favorites
Cute little Kikyu too.
Sometimes Choc Silk can be a huge bloom.
I grew one 1 yr that was almost 6 inches cross. Never had one that big again but last yrs giant came close. Glad you found your BB

Jackie, your kikyu from 2012 is much like the one I grew, I think the seeds came from Karen as well. Helena's has that beautiful white edging all around. Very special.
I thought the choc silk was BB when I looked at it. Sorry. Her mauve star is really cool.
I thought I saw your "carrion" plant somewhere and it was burrows tail? Heck, all I know it is really a cool looking succulent. Love the bell shaped blooms. Does it stink?

Oops, just saw your post "Debra. Been dry here for a while, we are thankful.
Glad you made it home safely.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sounds like your area got lots of rain Debra, Sorry to hear all the damage.
Thanks for the new thread Jackie.
I love all the beautiful blooms posted.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Glad your home Debra, sorry to about all the flooding in your area.
Would have loved to see a huge chocolate bloom Jackie but mine have been on the small to medium size on almost all blooms. Oh well will just have to keep trying.
First bloom from Azuremore, a cross not what I thought I was getting.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are very pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. I'm enjoying the blooms from these mgs before they are done.

Debra, not the same as burrows tail. A burrows tail has big segments that break off so easy, sometimes if you just touch it. I looked up my little Huernia and it is apparently still classified as a Huernia. My pic taken
close up so my plant stems and the bloom are both tiny, not nearly as big as my photo makes them look.
I think mine is Huernia schneidriana. I would love to have the'lovely one they call owls eyes.
Gorgeous blooms this morning Helena.
I love the blue in # 3 and the last bloom is special, beautiful colors.

Aog
# 2 nite blooming orchid cactus No pink in the throat so that tells me this one is
different from the one that usually blooms for me.
Blue blizzard
This in one of the big tubs out back.
Almost looks like it could be a deformed Blue Bliz
Dark purp

This message was edited Sep 12, 2016 12:22 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are beautiful!

Thanks Linda.

wow! I love that cross, Helena, and also, love the pretty blue with a flag. Jackie, what ever it is it is way cool. No rain tonight so that is a good thing.. kids next door emptied out a couple shop vacs of water trying to get their crawl space cleaned out. It is really weird here either drought or drown LOL no nice in between around here..
getting cooler at night it feels like to me. some of the vines are turning yellow and some are just getting stated, of course the flying saucers and moon vine alba show up late. :P

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms Debra, I sure hope you don't get frost.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra.
Love how your showy Ao has bloomed for you Jackie. Neat cactus blooms, and very pretty blue blizzard and purp. Your probably right on the other blue blzd.
Beautiful blooms too Debra. Love seeing what's blooming for you. I'm working on making half of my back yard with mostly salvias coccineas and salvia Mexicanas b/c is just too shady for other plants. I'm going to cut down the pandy that has taking quite a bit of the yard but not blooming and the wild blue dawn too.

Had to help open this Asahi from Onalee's envy. Looks similar to no Mai or even pink tie dye? I can't tell the difference between them. Rebecca and volunteer milky way. I'm starting to work on placing seeds I've collected into baggies.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are so pretty. Love the pink one.

Thanks ladies.
Nice blooms Debra, esp the lovely FSaucers. Your C of Venice is pretty too in the darker colors. Don;t know why mine are so lite colored.
I hope it doesn't turn cool early with so much to do here Linda. Debra in a colder zone so her weather will turn first. I;m glad you've got your basement to protect your plants Debra.
Gorgeous pink and its my favorite pink Helena. Looks a lot like Pink Tie Dye to me but there are several glories it could be. Pretty Rebecca and nice to see a Milky Way.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. It feels really nice here, I think that the mgs are liking it too.

A new one bloomed from Azuremore. Other repeats but nice blooms, Smokey Blue, Asahi, and Lite Blue.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh my gosh Helena, that 1st bloom from Azuremores is out of this world. Please
save me a sd or 2 if it makes any,.Also one of your Pink Tie Dye sds too please.
Azuremores bloom looks like some beautiful creature that has crossed into
our world by mistake, lol

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I'm glad you like them. I will save you seeds from those.

I forgot to post this pic this morning from Dream Catcher. The blooms are nice but not the leaves.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Göppingen, Germany(Zone 7b)

Just when you think you know your plants, you're in for a big surprise: now, in her third year, Ipomea ochracea suddenly decided to flower in late summer, after two seasons of flowers between January and March. I was completely sure it's a short day plant! To make it even better, the summer flowers are bigger and the yellow is more intense.
Speaking of yellow: This year I've added a red I. hederifolia and a cardinal creeper after being so happy with my I. hederifolia lutea last year, and I really like the effect.
The next "new" thing i tried was a "double" I. Purpurea. I'm not sure, the flowers do look interesting, but it seems to have more problems with our current drought than the simple ones.
Once again: no pics of I.nil, as they only just have their first few buds. They really don't seem to like my climate, even though I gave them much more sun this year, following Emma's advice. I'm even more inclined to give up on them than i was last year.
Last pic came really as a surprise, as i didn't expect Bomarea edulis to flower the first year from seed. It's a kind of climbing Alstroemeria with a really unusual combination of colors. Not big, not exactly spectacular, but a real beauty in detail.

Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak

Helena, your dreamcatcher is very pretty.

pmmGarak, your blooms are beautiful. Glad to hear they are blooming for you.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
Just repeats here. My little turtle friend was back visiting but the pics came out blurry.

Thanks for saving me a few sds Helena. I missed your pretty Dream Catcher above. I
don't think I've ever seen that one b4, a lovely pink.
Pretty repeats too.
Not a single bloom open for me today. :-(

Love your repeats too Helena.

A Sr moment for me Helena. Your pretty Dream Catcher was the new mg you had blooming earlier in the summer??

wow I am sure glad to see the ochracea , I am still waiting for mine as well as the obscura and the merrimia, they are budding but proly will have to cut them back for the big bring in this fall. My moon flower is blooming away yay! Orange noah is doing well out front and so is the peppermint hige and the jaimie lynn hige and gosh I looked back a few years and most of what I am growing this year looks like most of what I have had in years past. So glad you have a few new ones Helena, and would love to have that turtle in my turtle heaven downstairs LOL.

Gautier, MS

Ochracea grows wild in SouthTexas. I've seen pictures, but I've have not had much luck growing the yellow mgs here no matter how much I'd love to see those colors.

It was a cloudy day with a few light showers. Only a few repeats blooms here.

I am in love with those repeats, you kno w I love the blue,. that looks like tourquoise

I agree Debra, those are beautiful morning glories.

Pretty blooms Helena,.

Thought I'd show you a few repeats as well..Flying saucers, i Carnea and moonflowers have shown up for the fall party
Helena sent these salvia seeds..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

a few more shots of whats blooming now in the jungle, we got two more inches of rain it is a steamy swamp out there..

Sorry to hog the thread, but if I don't show you these now it won't be until next week..
Stictocardia is quite the vine, it has not bloomed outside and it is everywhere and now I have to cut it down away from the south arch over patio, and I did a cutting to test, and I'll show it to you tonight. I think it is gonna make it and if it does I'll make one for each of you.

This message was edited Sep 17, 2016 8:20 AM

Gorgeous blooms Debra. Thanks for sharing with us.
Love the powdery blue bloom, # 2 in 2nd set and your lab lab vine is a beauty.

Debra, those are beautiful. Hog the thread all you want.

Morning guys , it is so dense of fog I could barely drive more than 20 mph to work, but please go read the edited post above as I was falling asleep last night as I was typing and it didn't come through right, sorry.
Back to work.. on a different computer so I am not hollering at ya'll :)
PS: Helena, did your black king bloom this year?

Debra, I would love to have a cutting of the Stictocardia. Good luck with your cuttings.

Oh that sounds wonderful Debra. No pressure though. If it does good, great, if not, no problemo. :-)

I finally got a Split Second bloom, been planted since May and just now opening
Purps on the fence

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.