Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1430413

The Carnival of Venice
Unknown
Pandy

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

I have a few blooms from today. Bumble bee have been busy, getting quite a bit of seeds from Pink Porcelain. Last bloom is from Purple Lightning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie.
I love all the beautiful morning glories.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Love the unknown it looks dark purple, is it? ALways enjoy the carnivales, and love the pandy, Jackie.
I tied up some vine curtains this evening after work,just have to secure everything with thick yarn, and I might have found someone, but not for sure yet. Setosa and lavender moon vine and now the bush morning glory are all blooming. Lots of JL , carnivale and shibouris, too. I have a beautiful crimson rambler. I guess my lobatas didn't want to grow, but all the other vines are growing so fast. stictocardia is in two spots and I am going to have to chop them both away from their locations this Fall. *sigh* oh well.. I love a challenge, I can try some cuttings.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks ladies.
Helena, gorgeous blooms but that one out of Purple Lightning is a beauty. Love the bloom in # 4 slot too.
Beautiful blooms Debra. Your COV is special. I hope'you can save your stictocardia's or at least get a cutting to root.
My lobata is so pot bound he refused to bloom.
Debra, My unknown is more of a muted purple.

This message was edited Aug 28, 2016 11:46 AM

Well, after all the rain we had my morning glories are trying to recover. Several blooms this morning to my surprise. Sorry, I have no names for them.

Debra, your blooms are awesome.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Lovely blooms you've shared this morning Linda. I especially love the color change on # 4

:Lavender chiffon, thanks Helena.
Toma no Se, 1st bloom deformed :-(
Clitoria, single bloom

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Thanks Jackie. Yours are beautiful too.

Lovely blooms Jackie and Linda. Sorry on so late, just now getting ready to go to bed, it has been a short exhausting weekend, Rose got into a fight with her B/F and has moved in temporarily and Joe and I are kind of freaked out, Oh well... kind of Glad to have oldest daughter in the house while we are gone, even tho she does work all day and go to school until ten. I just am so grateful we can give our grown children housing when they need it. She will not stay, tho, she can't have her cat
( Oona) here and she is already looking for an apartment where she used to live.
I told her she can have Oona here while we are gone and her Dad won't be able to say squat about it LOL. 35 years old and so independent that she thinks she can't have a relationship. I just don't understand.I am independent and have made it work for 38 years with her Dad. *sigh* Enough whining... I got stictocardia # two off the south fence arch, a cutting stuck in a pot, the base plant waiting to be re-potted for winter, I'm not going to tackle sticto 2 until we get back, as it is way too tangled up in the patio arch.
Last year on the 28th .

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Well I'm glad Rose can have her cat there with her for a few days.
She can do the watering??. Maybe this is not a permanent break from her bf and they will get back together soon.
Beautiful blooms from last yr

Sorry about the breakup Debra, I hope they can get things worked out.
Love your beautiful blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Love all your blooms Jackie, Linda and Debra. Nice show to see.
Hope things will work out for your daughter Debra. I have not had luck growing stico.
Jackie, glad you got Toma no se blooming. I have another vine with similar booms as purple lightning, 2nd pic. all blooms with slight defect.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are awesome!

Just lost my entire post.
Love your pretty blooms Helena. I have
deformed blooms every day too, such a disappointing yr,
Choc silk
Aogakiyama
Giant choc not
This might be a Choc Silk or PPorcelain cross from Helena
Carrion flower

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Your blooms are beautiful Jackie and without any damage. Not like mine at all, b/c I'm almost giving up growing them next year. I have not had that many really good blooms this year, a lot more disappointing for me.

Helena, I'm trying not to send the pics with the worst damage.
I'm disheartened too that we put so much effort into it and then get so many damaged blooms..
But all in all, you've had some gorgeous blooms this summer. :-)

I agree, you both have had awesome colors and patterns in your grow outs. You have so much to look forward too!
Rose will be fine, she just needs a break I think. She hasn't been with anyone in over 5 years so this is new and strange for her.
Thanks for the pep talk!
Is this BB?

Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Debra,
I can;t tell if thats BB or Pink Porcelain. Helena probably can. I made the mistake of growing those 2 too close together and now with so many of my mg vines tangled,'
its impossible for me to tell them apart. Helena did say that BB is a larger bloom than Pink Porcelain.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful bloom Debra, I think that bloom is from Pink Porcelain. BB might be a bit larger and sometimes splits. I think the one below is close to it.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love BB. You've had some gorgeous Blushing Bride blooms Helena
Aogakiyama, nice to see the windows on this large bloom
Unknown blue in tub I think from Debras sds.
# 3 A different Aogakiyama
Purple in tub out back
Hattie Bell???, can't remember what she looks like.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I don't think have a BB growing. Lost quite a few seedlings after some rain. Love, love your blooms. Beautiful colors, they are to die for. Can't think of not growing mgs to see those blooms!

Ladies, I love all your blooms, they are beautiful.

Thanks Helena and Linda. Helena, we would be miserable next yr if we didn't have mg blooms to look forward to.
Helena, I guess I thought your last yrs blooms on BB were from this yr. :-) I'm so glad I started one of your BB sds. The flowers do not disappoint.

wow, there is not one thing wrong with an of those blooms. I am thrilled to see the hattie bell since I planted one also, now I can see how it is supposed to look. ;D

Debra, I just looked up Hattie Bell
and what I have, looking mauvish, is not Hattie. Hattie is a pretty Lavender
What I've been saying did not look like Rosita is correct. My Rosita bloomed
this am and its a tiny 2 and 1/2 inch bloom. The other bloom I;m getting is a Fuji no Beni, a 3 and 1/2 inch bloom. I do remember planting one or 2 in the tubs out back.
Keiryu # 2
Lite blue TDye
Setosa already trying to close
Lavender chiffon, showing more color, this one is hard to photo, for me anyway

Beautiful, Jackie. I also have the small rosita and the larger no beni, AND I planted the hattie bell and the lavender chiffon both, got pics this am... your setosa is awesome I am loving mine. i WISH MY kEIYRU WOULD LOOK THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO!

Jackie, those are beautiful.

Gautier, MS

I know Jackie, hoping for a better growing season next year.

Love your beautiful booms Jackie. I'm glad Lav. Chiffon has more color, all your blooms have great colors.

Thanks ladies.
Debra, send pics when you can.
My Keiryu bloom is different today than what I;ve been getting from it.No telling what the pollen was from that the bees shared.
Helena, disappointed here too and its
a long time to wait until next growing season. Maybe I can start a few that hopefully I'll be happier with if I can get them to bloom in the g house.

Thumbnail by patootie

I guess I am not seeing what you two are seeing, cuz all the blooms you have shown here are to die for. I am loving the setosa here, too. Lav Moon vine is everywhere, but the other species are not blooming except the I carneas. I wish I knew how to keep track of all these with names like you do, I can't keep things in small cups cuz they dry out so fast here. Anyways, I am always glad to see your gorgeous blooms. I have not seen a speckled from any of the seeds I have planted from you both. So I am disappointing, too I guess.. LOL
Here is what I had this am, tho Oh I missed a shot of the peppermint hige I thought I didn't get to plant or it didn't grow but sure enough it did, and this am there was a white one??
No Mai was almost white this am... what was up with that?

My MG TREE is just leaves, and it is tall and scraggly, I want to cut it so bad, but am waiting until last possible moment.. here are some other blooms I will prolly not get seeds from since they are so far up the sunflowers.. *sigh* I tried to keep things tamed, but work has just got me all messed up this year and can't use the fences cuz of the dogs tearing them down when they want to see me.. I am just waiting to see those dang worms in the pods I do have out there soon..

Last set, I really did NOT want to go to work this am, seems like everything decided to bloom at once..
I am just going to tag these seeds Patio mix south side, patio mix north side, patio mix large tub and patio mix Jackie tub and Helena tub.. and a mix from out front called front tub mix so I will pull pods that are viable, divide them into 4 piles and put a seed from each pod in each pile assuming there will be 4 seeds in each pod.. LOL

Debra, those blooms are awesome!

Incredible blooms Debra. Your pretty blooms are a
welcome sight.

Very unusual no Mai bloom but I think its beautiful in almost white,
Pic # 2 in the 2nd set is a wondrous blue and the soft blue, # 1 in last set is
drop dead gorgeous,

Gautier, MS

Beautiful speckled bloom Jackie. Hope you do grow some more mgs in your greenhouse. I'm going to try too.

Debra, love your mgs show. Awesome blooms! Love-love that blue with stars and specks. Actually all are to die for.

I had a few nice ones this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, oh my goodness, love them all. especially the second one with it's pristine white tips and vibrant purple blue. I think I have the first one growing and is your third beauty a BB?

WOW! Helena, those are stunning. That 2nd one is awesome.

Helena absolutely gorgeous showy blooms this morning.

This message was edited Sep 1, 2016 11:22 PM

You guys, we have to keep loving our glorys.. we will keep growing , just to feel the anticipation of the bloom we will love to see. and then we will hold our breaths for a viable seed pod so we can see it again and again. Right?
I felt a chill in the air tonight.. the moon vines are everywhere rambling around the sunflowers tonight.

You're right Debra. Anticipation is a big part of the joy in growing mg's.
A chill here tonight too, how nice it is. 3 more days of cooler temps b4 summer returns

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.