Morning Glories 2016 # 12

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1429766

This is Helenas lovely speckled. Yesterday it made a color blocked bloom
and another one today. Thank you so much for these sds Helena. These blooms are striking.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Jackie, those are awesome!

Gautier, MS

Jackie, beautiful neat bloom. I always like when they have that kind of bloom. I can always wonder and guess which blooms were the parents. Glad you like and are enjoying them. We are enjoying them with you. I've lost tags on some of my pots too. I might find a few inside the dirt somewhere.

Thanks Linda and Helena. Helena, I remember your vine made these same pretty blooms last yr.
I found the BBride tag Helena. You were right about the id. Its absolutely'gorgeous and a giant size so more of it to love. :-) This is so much prettier and larger than the
BB I grew yr b4 last

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

BB is a gorgeous bloom for sure, and wow! on that color block, Jackie.
Helena, I don't see the imperfections you mention, your blooms are always striking to me. Choc Silk is to die for. I love chocolate.
I cut back the purps on the fence again, they keep pulling things down with them..
Did you know that this is the only thread I have showing up on my watch list? LOL I must be lost since I haven't seen my other two favorite threads with people..

Thanks ladies, had a show from seeds from you both..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, those are beautiful!

Ooh beautiful blooms Debra.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful, love your blooms Debra.

Jackie, I'm glad you found the tag. BB you'll keep loving those blooms!

Here's a few of mine.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena gorgeous blooms
I called your 1st bloom a Kikyo yesterday but now it looks like its regular size.
Beautiful speckled and drop dead gorgeous pinks. Do you have names for
all of them?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Let me see, I think the first is a Kikyo (snowflake?) Bloom from same vine as yesterday. Karen's pink (fuchsia) speckled. Pink (tie dye) no IDs, and purple lightening. I've sown a lot of my old seeds without ID.

This message was edited Aug 15, 2016 3:52 PM

Helena, those are gorgeous blooms.

Well I was right about the Kikyo the 1st time Helena. Usually our 1st instinct is right, lol.
I lost my Count Drac, the only Kikyo I had started. Left it inside too long in a foam cup.
I had a new bloom today, another spec MG vine.
Morning Breeze, lovely bloom, bug ridden lvs.
Possibly Silky Blue

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

OH MY, LOVE THAT KIKYO. I ESPECIALLY LIKE THE DArkness in contrast to the light white edge. great Blooms, Helena.
Jackie, that morning breeze is loverly, but am partial to the second one with the darker blues.

Thanks Debra. The 1st pic is my spec mg, unknown id.
Pic # 2 is the Morning Breeze from Ronnie. Its darker than # 3 which looks like a
Silky Blue, looking pretty in the rain

Jackie, they are all beautiful, love the purple one!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Debra. Jackie, beautiful blooms. All very special. I still think your leaves are a lot better than mine.

Thanks Linda and Helena.

Helena, mine are all under cover so no rain to wash the bugs off.
I no longer have time to carry them out where they can get some sun
and rain.
I pay for it with fewer blooms and buggier lvs.
Your blooms are beautiful and to me that's the most important thing
I'm looking for. :-)

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Jackie, gorgeous chocolate silk. I love that rich color!

It's too much trouble to be moving the pots and plants in and out. I can't do that either. You are right, we just grow them for those beautiful blooms.

My only nice bloom from Azuremore gift baggie.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, that blue is so vibrant!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. I guess we could call this a true blue color!

Thanks Helena, beautiful blue color.on your pretty bloom.
I missed one out in the rain yesterday in 1 of my big tubs out back.
It might be your Starry Night, waiting 4 a bloom not messed up
by the rain.
The unknown bloom out back a day or 2 ago #1 Helena,didn't you have
a bloom likethis bloom last yr?
The gray from Ronnie
Helena, I'm getting more deformed blooms this year too. I
don't know what causes it. # 3 and 4

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

jackie, found a tag ao cross with stripes? also mauve splash with stripe.. from helena
miko no mai.. fugi no beni jackie's and ao with windows? *shrug*

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Jackie and Debra, your blooms are stunning. Very pretty colors.

Thanks Linda.'
Debra, the 1st bloom could be the Spec mg, it made different type blooms like your 1st pic, Not sure what your # 2 is.
# 4 is Fuji no Beni i;m pretty sure
but Aogakiyama wirh windows is not in your pic's. Here's what it'usually looked like,.

Thumbnail by patootie

My high speed computer server was out from late last night till after noon today..
All the rain is what I think did it. All my blooms were repeats anyway,

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie and Debra. Jackie, the bloom you had looks like some that I've had. Yours is very neat. I didn't get to go on the computer until now. I did have one new soft pink hige.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Glad your computer is working again Jackie.

Helena, that Hige is beautiful.

HI ladies, what a day at work!!! :P:P:P oh well..
I did have a bloom like that, Jackie, somewhere I will get a pic of that one. Love the higes, I have not had one show up yet.. I planted the peppermint hige I had last year, if it is blooming I am missing it. We are supposed to have rain Friday, we will see. Meanwhile I am sharing other types of blooms..

I saw these really cute blooms on the worksite down the road from where I work, they are digging the road up and making it bigger, they are wild flowers . they are shorter, tho, because they have been mowed.. http://www.kswildflower.org/flower_details.php?flowerID=592
and I have some cute pink ones from somewhere.. LOL
thought I'd show you the front banana and plumeria
my royal catch fly..also a kansas native wildflower
last pic is my gloriosa daisy ( I have seeds ofl these)

Love your hige 'Helena,. Looiks similar to split Second, I have 1 in a tub but it hasn;t bloomed yet,.
Thanks Linda., glad to have my computer working too, although i have something weird going on with my computer. To make matters worse, all my names are gone off my pics since I upgraded to windows 10. I didn;t know that was going to happen,
just sick about it,.
Love your pretty wildflowers Debra and your plummie and banana,.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Ladies. I like my hige too.

Great pics of your garden and plants Debra. Beautiful blooms. Love your little hummer. I had one show up too, seen butterflies here too huge ones.

Todays blooms. Sky blue was my nicest one.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Afternoon everyone.

I love all the flowers posted. I love my hummers too.

Well, I finally had the first part of my allergy test this morning, and I am allergic to just about all the trees, grasses, animal dander and molds they tested for. I have to go back Monday for the the food allergy part. But because I am allergic to so many they tested for today, she said I need to come in for allergy shots, and it is twice a week for the first four months!!!

Thumbnail by taters55

oh yuck,Linda.. it is like you are allergic to life :P I want to know how those shots work, tho, hoping they work great for you. You deserve to enjoy life at it's fullest.
Jackie I would throw a huge hissy fit if Windows 10 downloaded ( unwanted) and changed everything. I just stick to windows 7 professional version and I am fine. I'm so sorry you are going thru that right now.
Helena, I have only seen three butterflys here this year, I am kinda worried. I hope you see more!

Helena, love your Sky Blue but the others are lovely as well.\
Linda, sorry you have so many allergies,. Hopefully it will get to where you only need 1 or 2 shots a month,l
Debra, my local geeks told me to upgrade since I was having so many problems.
but the problems are still there and they didn't know the upgrade would remove my names. I still don't understand that. I will need to use the rename feature to
place a name on 2500 pics. I don't think so.
Canival of Venice
Aaogakiyama
Blue Pea Vine pretty but buggy.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are beautiful.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Hope your shots help your allergies Linda.
My garden has a lot of other blooms so the butterflies are visiting, a hummer too. Surprised too that I have not seen the hummer go to the feeder.

Jackie, beautiful blooms. Glad to see that your clitoria is blooming. Mine only had one or two blooms this year, being neglected too. I was able to name a some of my blooms and make a copy for future reference. But if you lost all the names that's a huge job to re do it.

This message was edited Aug 19, 2016 7:57 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena.

I agree, it is hard to go back and rename all those pictures.

Lovely soft pink color Helena and I like the dark purple too
Very few blooms on my Clitoria Helena. No wonder, I never put it out in the sun.
It needs sun to bloom well and the warm rain would have gone a long way in keeping
some of the bugs off, All in all, a very disappointing yr for my blooms

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie I love your beautiful blooms today. What is the last plant?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.