Goodbye

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm not sure why I'm bothering but there are a couple of sweet people on here who have acknowledged me & my posts sometimes. Maybe I got used to posting on one of my gem & bead sites, where when you display one of your creations, we comment & encourage one another. I'm invisible on DG, whether I post here or on the Vegetable forum. So, please enjoy your little group of people you know. If a new person tries to join in, I hope you welcome them. God bless.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Please don't go! I always enjoy your posts.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I enjoy them too, the problem with me is that I have been extremely busy and haven't had time to post much.
Please don't think that you have been ignored, you are very sweet lady and we don't want to lose you.
Josephine.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Always in and out. Hugs

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm truly sorry you feel that way. You will be missed.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

You are not invisible! I have read some of your posts, but I don't always reply. I just enjoy reading what/how others are doing and problem solving. Even being shy and quiet, I have learn so much from all of you. I still consider most of you friends, and would surely miss you if you were gone.

Well, there you go even from someone who is not a Texan, Please don't quit.

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Janet,
Pull on your big girl panties, and stay in the game!

There are times I post and NEVER get a comment, but, hey, everybody's not always able to respond immediately, or at all and, then again, not every post has to have a comeback.

My panties are UP, UP, UP!

Hugs!

You are so right Gimgirl!!!

Fort Worth, TX

Tis best not to get all of one's social feedback from one source. There is a bee forum I am a member of (actually there are 3) and in only one do I ever get an answer to a question that I post, and it is the super busy one. One I am a member of but never go to as they were mean to the forum they left, sent me a private message saying " we all went over here". I've been there a time or 2, but while all the bee experts are there they don't answer posts. The 3rd forum has almost no traffic and while I only have 5 years in bees, I stay because at least I can and do answer questions and those new beekeepers need someone. DG I just do because I enjoy it. but I am often in a hurry and not much of a poster.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ok, I'm feeling sheepish & very embarrassed. I thank you for your positive feedback. I had written a D-mail to Lisa & as I was writing, I realized I'd been experiencing some more depression. It has a way of slipping in when I'm not paying attention. I know it's hard to get to know someone over the internet. If I'd gone to a roundup "up north", you'd know me at least a bit better. Ever since my endometrial cancer surgery in fall of 2013, where they removed "everything ", I've been more prone to experiencing down times. I apologize for my little outburst. You're all wonderful women. I'll just post when I feel the urge or have something for show & tell & not expect a reply. I'll just know you read it💖
And Linda. BIG GIRL PANTIES???
If you're interested in seeing what I was referring to earlier, go to www.limabeads.com & click on Create and Learn, then click on Design Gallery in the drop down menu. My name there is Moogie.
Again, thank you & I'm sorry for my momentary dopeiness☺️ Janet

Fort Worth, TX

Big girl panties for sure or as my navy ex would say, "don't get your panties in a twist". And Janet, go to the Back Porch and read the stuff I posted about Turmeric. Pretty good stuff. So is MSM - did wonders for me, hair grew in longer and not a flash on the way out.. get the powder and dissolve in water. And no back to our goodbyes...

Janet, I am so glad you decided to stick around here, I hated the idea that we hurt your feelings somehow.
Take care and I hope all is well.
Josephine.

Sometimes, when our bodies are going thru chemical changes regardless of how they came about, it's just not possible to put on "your big girl panties". Unless you've been there or witnessed somebody that has, there is no way to understand.

Janet, please talk to your Dr. before using any new supplement or Rx. Anything new can react with anything else you may be taking. We've had medical discussions, in the past, so I know you have/had a lot on your plate.

Most of all there is no reason to be embarrassed DG may not be like you jewelry making site, but we do care about you.

Very well said Lisa, and yes, we do care.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you, everyone. Time to get back to flowers!
The forth pic is not mine but I want to make some like this!

Thumbnail by bariolio Thumbnail by bariolio Thumbnail by bariolio Thumbnail by bariolio

Wow! those are gorgeous Brugs, and the Bottlebrush is lovely too, I don't think they are hardy in this area, but they sure are pretty.
The jewelry is lovely too.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

Great news! Looking forward to reading more from you!

Fort Worth, TX

Blue Daze with tiny blue big, and a butterfly coming out of its cocoon. Have a great day

Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi

Very Lovely Gypsi, the butterfly is a Gulf Fritillary.

Fort Worth, TX

yes indeed it is, and I have a yard FULL of Gulf Fritillaries, and some lovely garden spiders are snatching one now and then. but that does not seem to diminish the numbers. this is the last butterfly to hatch, now I can paint the garage trim

Janet,
I DO understand about the changes your body is experiencing. I went through the same surgery, for the same thing, and had very similar feelings of chemically-induced "depression". And, yeah, 1lisac, sometimes those "panties" can feel like they weigh a ton!

A few years BEFORE my surgery, I was on birth control pills, to try to help with the endometriosis. It was Christmas Eve, and I had just come home from midnight mass. My sister was laying out things for her 2-yr-old, and walked in with the most adorable chickadee-yellow hooded overcoat you've ever seen. I looked at the coat, and, all I could think about was smearing grape jelly all over it. I knew I was losing my mind...

Later, at a visit to my doctor, I recalled the scenario and asked if the meds could have caused my mental state of mind. He confirmed it, and they adjusted the meds. No more weird or illogical ideations after that, thank God.

I've dealt with depression, and have learned to overcome it. It doesn't even get a toe-hold on me anymore. Send me a dmail, and we can talk more about it, if you want to.

Hugs!

P.S. I've also learned that sharing where you are is one of the best offensive measures one can take. Holding it in, feeling like you're the only one going through something, or that people won't understand, is sometimes counterproductive to where we need to be.

II Cor. 1:3-4

Fort Worth, TX

Still haven't got my peonies in the ground

This message was edited Jul 19, 2016 9:38 PM

Janet asked, in an above post, that we get back to flowers. She can dmail any of us if she wants to talk about it.

Dallas, TX

Ok. I admit it. I don't think we've met. But I haven't met many DG members in person. However, I loved the pictures you posted from Fredericksburg and Wildseed Farm. In fact, they kinda embarrassed me b/c I lived in Austin for many years and had never heard of Wildseed Farm. How could I be so close and yet so unaware? (Don't answer that.) So . . . this DG member does look at your posts. And learn from them.

In my mind I'm singing, 'S-t-a-y, just a little bit longer.' Don't remember the rest of the lyrics but that little bit is now going to be looping thru my head for awhile. :D

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks flower child! I'm sitting in my doc office right now waiting for him. Hope he can help figure out what I need to feel better.. Thank you all for your care. It means a lot. 💜💖💗

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey Janet. I dropped off the face of the planet this whole year. Culprit=Breast Cancer. I love gardening more than anything. Always have but this past year, Ive only managed some maintenance and some crisis interventions in my yard. I tend to socialize more when I feel good and not when I don't. I intend to get back into the swing of things in a few more months. I really enjoy you at the swaps and on DG. I will be back. I hope you will still be there.

Fort Worth, TX

I wondered where you had gone Marty. Glad you are feeling better

I've been wondering about you too. Thanks for checking in, glad your feeling better!

Yes, glad to hear from you, and sorry for your problem, hope to see you soon.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Marty! I am SO glad you are back! Had wondered where you disappeared to and if you were ok!
Ok guys, if I do not renew, mine will simply be busy with way too much for awhile...my plans include retiring in April- early or not. If the busywork gets overwhelming I will be back for FLOWERS! to cheer me on, chuckl. Instead of all this pavement, yuk.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi all, I just renewed by membership. It expired last fall. I had my surgery in January and got a complete pathologic response = cancer dead. Im cancer free and done with all that. I have a lovely new hairstyle to remember it by but I must be the most fortunate person in the world. Every time there was a fork in the road, I got the good fork. I'm just living in total amazement and gratitude.I just returned from the LBJ wildflower center plant sale and thought of each of you as I looked at the plants. My yard is full of plants you gave me. I just love that. I've been able to infect my sister in Texarkana with the "Native" virus and we are enjoying it together. I wonder how you are all doing if you will have a swap this year. It is good to be back both here and on the planet. Best regards, Marty

Martyt, I'm sooo glad to hear this! So sorry you went thru this but glad ur ok now, and glad you're back!

This message was edited Apr 10, 2017 12:16 PM

Marty, It is so good to hear from you!! So glad you are back and in good health.
There are no plans for a swap at this time, it seems we are all too busy.
Take care and stay in touch,
Josephine.

Fort Worth, TX

Oh Marty good to hear from you. Been battling cancer in my dog and it is not a fun fight. I miss swaps. Thinking about hosting one in my garden on the lot of I can tame it after ponds are done.

This message was edited Apr 10, 2017 9:31 PM

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

So happy you're back and cancer-free!! What wonderful news and so good to see you posting again!

Dallas, TX

Definitely good news. (Been there but I didn't get a trip to the LBJ wildflower center.) Enjoy your new self!

Fort Worth, TX

well where are all the Texans?

I guess everybody is too busy, I don't know.

I'm here! REALLY busy in the garden, LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.