Thanks for the new thread.

Love the morning glories.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

You're welcome Linda.
I love Helenas Black Queen blooms too. Can't believe I've never grown
BQ or Black King. I have sds somewhere,

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

Pretty bloom Jackie. On my new seedlings I have a few vines from Dany's mg seeds.
I sprayed most of my vines this morning, then watered them, and collected at least one or two seed pods from some of them. That wore me out.

Here's what bloomed today. Black Queen in a lighter color. This vine (same as yesterdays dark blooms) is new from a trade. Pink bloom, Mauve Splash, Wild New Dawn, Chocolate Silk.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love your new blooms this morning Helena,.
That pink is to die for, beautiful Mauve Splash,
Wild New Dawn is a beauty, love its shape and color.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

wow, Helena, that mauve splash looks really rich. and so does black queen. loving your blooms. lots of vines here, no buds yet, guys. lots of booms and pops and bomb sounding noises tonight, woke me right up. I guess people love to burn their money uip ( noisily i might add)
from September 2012

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Love your blooms from 2012 Debra. Be a while b4 I have any more blooms
The 3 I;ve had blooming are acting like they;re finished already. smh.
We've had lots of pops here too. They;re getting it done as its supposed to be rainy here tomorrow. Its quietened down finally so my little dogs can go out now
and not be terrified.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Morning everyone, and Happy 4th of July to all of you!

Helena, and Debra, your morning glories are beautiful!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Ladies.

Happy 4th of July!

We had rain this morning, another bloomed from Mauve Splash got torn.
I wonder if this bloom is from pink tie dye. Purple purpurea had a neat look, heritage rose and hamelia patens is blooming.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous! It's hot humid and loud here right now.. Happy Fourth of July to us all.

Love your blooms Helena, i thought the pink looked like Pink TDye too..

Those are beautiful Helena.
I hope you all had a good 4th!
We spent most of the day inside, then the kids had a water balloon fight, then we all sat and placed rubber bands around a watermelon till it popped. There is a video on my facebook page if anyone is on facebook. Then more time in the pool till dark, and lots of fireworks.

https://www.facebook.com/LCartwright55

Glad you had a fun time Linda. We didn't celebrate, just too hot outside

Gautier, MS

Nice and sunny but hot already here.

Almost missed my blooms this morning. Funny vines getting sun seem to wilt fast. Ones in shade stay open longer.
Dream Catcher, Lav., Pink Tie Dye, Dusky with star cross.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous Dream Catcher and Dusky Helena.

Helena, those are so pretty.

beautiful display. we stayed inside while listening to bombs and worrying aout our roof catching fire. it is HOT here, after 6 inches of rain the night before the 4th.

Hot here too. 109 seems to be our te3mps most of the last week. Add het index and it feels like 120! Needles to say I stay inside. I water early mornings and that is it.

Gautier, MS

Getting outside just before blooms start to wilt.

Mauve Splash, a Lite Blue Tie Dye from Jackie to enjoy, Dream Catcher, Gray and Lav.

Absolutely gorgeous blooms this morning Helena. I hope I have a MSplash going somewhere. Beautiful LBTD. Amazing Dream Catcher, Gray and lavender.

I had 1 bloom this morning. It was closed, I gently opened it with my finger tips and couldn't believe it stayed open. Morning Breeze from Ronnie, thanks Ronnie,
Reminiscent of Keiryu and Blue Blizzard and 2 or 3 more all looking very similar. All very pretty

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies!
Jackie, glad to hear your blooms stayed open for you.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Love your beautiful bloom Jackie. Glad you got it opened, I can't do it without it showing some kind of bruising on the bloom.

Thanks Linda and Helena. Helena, I assume it didn;t bruise because it opened so easy and stayed open without any coaxing from me.

really pretty blooms Jackie and Helena, keep posting.
Linda and I will watch from the window.. :D

Gautier, MS

Hot already this morning but the mg like it. Happy with my blooms today.
Murasaki Shikibu, My purple tie dye, Pink Porcelain blzdd, medium pink color, Hama no Ginga. Number 2 and 5 look similar.

Helena, those are awesome. Love the colors.

Deb, having to wait and wait on my mg blooms this summer, except the 3 that bloomed early. My Pink Fuji with spokes, not, is open this am but I wonder whats
taking the rest of them so long???
Beautiful blooms Helena. One yr I sent a pic of what I thought was Purple TD,
now I wonder. could it have been Hama no Ginga. Would send a pic if I could find one,.
This bloom from 2013 looks a lot like Pink Frost but its not.

Thumbnail by patootie

Hello! I'm back again, formerly MGMan, It was just time for a different username, after almost 11 years as member of this lovely site, Dave's Garden!
Here is a piece of eye candy that will help you remember me!

Tony

Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone
Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Jackie, I can't tell if it is the true Hama no Ginga, I just try to say that's what I wrote on the label when I planted them.

I missed downloading Pink Mist with the others. hardly any pink in it!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Welcome back ToneBone, glad to have you posting again.

Jackie and Helena, your blooms are very pretty.

Good to see you Tony, beautiful blooms.
I don't think I;ve ever grown Hama no Ginga Helena. Since you noted HNG on'your label, I;m sure thats what you have. Your HNG made beautiful blooms..
My Blushing Bride did like your Pink Mist, almost completely white, I was so
disappointed in my blooms. This yr I;m growing one of your BB so I;m hopeful
it will come true.

Gautier, MS

Nice to see you here Tony, those were beautiful blooms. I hope you are still growing your morning glories!
Jackie, I checked on another site and HNG blooms differ from day to day. I'm glad you have a BB vine, I have one or too vines of it too.
Here's what bloomed this morning. Pink Mist, Blue, Black Queen, White Trumpet Lily, Pink Rose.

Love all your blooms this morning Helena. Beautiful blooms. Happy to
see Pink Mist with her her wonderful pink color. Beautiful blue and downright' gorgeous Black Queen. Nice Lily and rose too

Your blooms are beautiful Helena.

Hi Tony, welcome back, and we love your blooms. Helena BQ is gorgeous, but they are all pretty, so I guess I a just in love with BQ the most. :D

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, Linda and Debra.

Hope I have nice blooms tomorrow too.

Thank y'all for welcoming me back! This season, I'm growing "Chocolate Silk" for the second time as well as a cross I created last summer, using Orihime x Scarlett o' Hara ( the strain with the white throat). My intention was to cross it with the strain of SOH that has the red corolla as well as a red throat. Guess I'll try that same cross with the all-red flower strain of SOH next year. I'll try to start the seed now and prune the vines as the grow to hasten bloom, so I can hopefully try it this season. I'll have my mom or woman friend take a snapshot with their phone if the vine happens to flower.

Here's a pic of one of it's parents (Orihime).

-Tony

Thumbnail by ToneBone

Good luck with your crosses Tony, I love Orihime, I had one started a
month or two ago but lost it when one of my cats.or a pesky raccoon, broke
the stem.

Gautier, MS

It will be neat to see the bloom Tony.

A few of my blooms this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are so pretty. Love the soft colors.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.