Wrong Seed

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

Someone sent me the wrong seed. This is suppose to be a watermelon beefsteak tomato. I don't think so. I was really looking forward to this tomato. It looks like it may be a Roma type tomato. I notified the seller.

Thumbnail by weeding
Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Did you get this from a private seed provider? I came home from a 2-week vacation and discovered my Cherokee Purple plants I started from Baker Seed were similar to what you show in your photo! What the heck is going on?!? Yeah, and CPs are our favorites too. I started almost all my tomato plants from seed this year and I absolutely did not start any Roma types, so it had to be the error in seeds from Baker. I haven't notified them (yet). What good will it do at this point. Sorry it happened to you too.

Anyway, I went to Lowe's the next day and found 2 fairly large CP plants and got them in the ground, so at least I hopefully will have some CPs, although later than usual.

These are from an Ebay seller. You are correct what good is it now, but it lets the seller now not to sell anymore of those seed. I really wanted to try the watermelon beefsteak tomato. They look so good in the pictures I have seen. I wish I could find a plant.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Wish I could help you there, but I've never heard of it. I'll look next time I go to my favorite nursery.
Edited to say that yes, you should definitely let the Ebay seller know about the seed.

This message was edited Jun 10, 2016 10:19 AM

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

You should let Baker Creek know. The seeds could have been given to them under the wrong name, or they could have messed it up. If they don't know they can't fix it. I had it happen with another type of seed....now they no longer carry it.

eBay has a reputation for selling the wrong seeds....more so then other places.

I think it may be a grape tomato plant. The tomatoes have not gotten any larger, although none have ripen yet.

Looks like I mixed up the labels. This is actually one of the yellow tomatoes that I purchased the seed from China. I'm glad because it was one of my favorite tomatoes last year. It's a really large, sweet cherry tomatoes.

Thumbnail by weeding
Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Do you have any beefsteak watermelon tomatoes? I hate when I mix up labels I don't understand how it can be so difficult but some how it is. Lol

No, they must have been some of the seeds that died.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.