New Dixie Red Problem

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

I started these new Dixie Red plants from seed. I planted 2 plants in my garden and gave away a couple of other plants. They were doing great, supposed to be more heat tolerant and disease resistant for growing in our humid, wet south so thought I'd give them a try this year. The plants looked great a couple of weeks ago before we left on vacation. I gave all my plants a spray with a fungicide the evening before we left. Got home and this one looked terrible. The leaves on the bottom were fine but the upper leaves obviously have what looks like early blight or Septoria to me. I yanked it today and took these 2 photos. It started raining before I got around to taking the photo so there are raindrops. One photo is the underside of one of the leaves.

All my other tomato plants look fine. The Sun Sugar nearby had a couple of yellowing leaves at the bottom that I cut off but everything else looks good. We had scattered rain off and on and my drip irrigation was in a timer to come on once a week but the top leaves being affected really puzzled me.

I guess I should have been more direct and asked the question, does anyone have any ideas about what could have gone wrong? Is it blight? Something else?

This message was edited Jun 7, 2016 5:04 PM

Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.