Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1423556

This message was edited May 24, 2016 2:22 AM

Thumbnail by patootie

2014 probably no Mai

Thumbnail by patootie
Anna, IL(Zone 6b)

I especially like the darker blue with the white border. I have morning glory planted, but no way close to blooms.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Morning everyone!
Thanks for the new thread Jackie.
Your morning glories are so pretty.

Brenda, glad you found us. Please stick around and post your pictures when they bloom?

Gautier, MS

Gorgeous blooms Jackie.

Most of my vines are taking a break and have seed pods on way to ripening in a few weeks. I've already collected seeds from my milky way crosses vines.
I need to start more seeds.

Only a few nice repeat blooms today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

No sign of seeds here, but you planted your seeds a long time ago. You are ahead of us.
Beautiful blooms today Helena!

Thanks ladies. You're welcome Linda K.
Very pretty repeats Helena. Love the Pink Porcelain.

Gautier, MS

Nothing interesting blooming today except for this pink volunteer purpurea I found hiding in the grass and weeds.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Volunteers are pretty too!

Pretty Pink Rambler Helena.

Storm going thru here. A gully washer. Glad I didn't have my tubs planted yet.
I need something that I can cover the tops of my tubs with to divert most
of the rain.I did have all of my plants out of the greenhouse. Afraid to go look and see
what damage they got
Pics from Aug 2014
1st pic might be a Saz
2nd pic is my Aog cross from 2 yrs ago.
3rd is Hatsu Arashi
4th LYK ?
Last is a speckled

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Ao is really gorgeous! But I love all of them!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

well, now that we have had 5.1 inches of rain, I think I might have found Pandy. Also... love the dream catcher, Helena, and Linda your roses and blooms are gorgeous. I had a day off today and we mosied around out back, found a few buds getting ready. The Sun was bright and everything is soggy, then the wind came and kinda dried off about an eighth of an inch of everything but more rain is coming. We got water in the basement, but since it is almost empty it is easy to maintain. Good to see you pics, Jackie, love the no mai and Ao..

Thanks Helena and Debra.
We're due for more rain too. Rain possible
every day for the next week. Omgosh, hope we don't get no 5 inches of rain. :-(

That is a lot of rain Debra.
Our weather is predicting 10 - 80% chance of rain for the next 10 days. Very humid here.

Gautier, MS

Sorry to hear about the rain Debra. Terrible weather for a lot of states.

Thanks ladies. My only nice bloom today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

That is a really beautiful bloom, Helena. I love the way the pink looks like it was painted on the petals.

Yes beautiful bloom Helena. Almost looks
like a watercolor,.

I agree, that is very pretty!

well it is raining again, we have water in the basement so we are up for vacuum patrol.. again. Thought I'd post a couple pics of things blooming not Morning glories...
Oleander, Prickly Pear,Lilly, Coreopsis, Fig.. did you know that a fig is not a fruit, but an ingrown flower? LOL I just found this out from Joe who saw it on a cooking show on TV. ( Now we know what he does all day long, right?)
Hush my Mouth, I came home to a cleaned up garage, so that I could park ,my Civic in it, in case it hailed tonight. He has been undoing a very well-made, very long and really heavy sofa. Spring by Spring, clip by clip, he is retired aircraft-er all the way. :D Only one arm and one side of frame now,he said he ran out of room in the dumpsters. He told me he sits down in his recliner at 4 pm every day. ( He worked for 38 years from 6 am to 3 thirty.) I'm good with that. He completes all my honey do's, so I'm happy.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Joe sounds wonderful Debra, doing all his honey do chores.
Love all your blooms., very pretty and colorful. I didn't know about the fig, very interesting.

Gautier, MS

Very pretty flowers Debra! Sounds like a great husband to me too.

Just one not so perfect bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Looks perfect to me Helena, a beautiful lavender. :-)

Beautiful blooms ladies.
Sounds like He stays busy. Sorry you have water in your basement.

aww Linda, everyone with a basement in this town has water.. we are used to it.. it nly comes in when we get 5 inches in a short time.. and so far we are up to 7" more to come.
Love that bloom Helena, it looks perfect to me!

Gautier, MS

Sorry to hear about the water in the basement Debra. I had one experience with that and it was awful.
One nice bloom I like this morning, Lav-Plum swirl also has solid blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, beautiful Lav Plum, the 1st bloom?? Send a pic of the solid when you can.
Hope you've seen the end of the rain Debra.
Out I go to pot up 10 to 15 mg's that have outgrown their 8 oz foam starter cups.

Aogakiyama x Choc Silk 2014

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, Love the bloom frour your gorgeous Ao x choco silk.

I might have another bloom tomorrow from Lav-Plum swirl. Mgs have slowed down a lot.

wow! I guess I have missed a couple of blooms outside, I saw the spent blooms tonight after work. Fans are going strong right now down there, sun came out today and it was hot and humid, they are calling for more rain. Poor Sanantonio had some really big hail. what is this with all the weather? LOL
oh that is right, it is spring. I forgot. Sure do love that AO cross Jackie. I can't wait to see my blooms from you all's seeds. If they ever gt going.. :P
I FOUND PANDY!!! now, it needs something to climb since the arch it was on is gone.. Joe said he would get me a trellis, but I told him I'll just grow some sunflowers and use the green stakes and yarn to make my green wall..

Thanks Helena and Debra. Looking forward to your pretty Lav Plum Swirl bloom
Helena. Debra, I wish our mg's did not take 8 weeks or more to bloom. You
should get some beauties from the sds you started.

Thumbnail by patootie

Morning everyone.

Beautiful blooms for sure.

This is from last night, about 30 minutes from San Antonio. Glad we did not get hit with more hail.

Thumbnail by taters55
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Beautiful Pandy blooms.

Hope your basement dries fast Debra.

Those are huge hail.

Jackie, This is what the solid bloom from Lav-Plum swirl looks like.
4rth bloom is from another vine but similar color to Lav-Plum.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

what a bunch of beauties, Helena. So glad you didn't get any of that hail, Linda. Jackie, I found the other vines of pandy, smack in the middle of the "new" Garden patch. I told Joe I am not digging it up , I am going to let it climb and we are making a trellis for it. It will be rambling around the maters and peppers.... I have a spent oriheime bloom and two spent purps. In the am I hope to see some blooms of glories.. can't wait!

Thumbnail by joeswife

What a day. Someone dropped off a baby kitty while my ds and I were in town this evening. He heard something crying when we got home and found the baby. I see I won;t be getting any sleep tonight. We made her a bed, fed her meat and chow softened with warm water But she's crying for her moma. Now you see why I have 12 cats.
Beautiful blooms Helena. I love the solid Lav Plum and the others too.
Beautiful speckled and that blue is so striking.
Glad you found your other pandy vines Debra. My Oriheme you shared is up and climbing up a bamboo pole.
Send us some pics if you have blooms and time in the morning,
Glad you escaped the hail Linda.

Gautier, MS

Love the pic with lady bugs Debra. Wish I had as many as I see on yours.

Jackie, your baby kitty is doing better. That will be some work to take care of a baby.

Just a few mgs that I care to show, eventually the other vines will make better blooms than what I'm getting now.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful morning glories Helena.

Debra, I love those lady bugs. We have a few here.

Jackie, will any of your other cats adopt and take care of the baby?

Gorgeous blooms Helena.All are beautiful but I love # 4 with the specks and dots
and your lovely Pink Porcelain.
Baby kitty did good last nite. After the girls played with her and she had plenty to eat ,
she slept all nite, letting me get some sleep.
Taking her to the vet tomorrow for baby shots and to see if she has worms.
linda, my Crippled Baby cat would have been a good mom to baby kltty before
I had her fixed. Now she just hisses at the baby, no maternal instincts now.
Thats ok, she's getting plenty of attention from all of us. :-).

Glad to hear she slept all night.

Yes, hoping for a repeat tonight. We showed her over and over how to dig with her front feet in the litter box and now thats paid off, she's using it. :-)
She's eating good too. I didn't need another cat but looks like she;s here to stay.
Maybe I can get a pic tomorrow.

Awe, sounds like she is a good kitty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Glad your baby cat is doing so good Jackie.

Really like this striped bloom this morning. Other mgs and a huge lily.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.