What\'s wrong with these tomatoes?

Brockville, Canada

First post here, but been enjoying this forum for a while now. This is a problem that plagued most of my tomatoes last year and I'd like to avoid it this year. I tried googling it, but so many of the tomato disease/fungus' look similar to me. Any ideas?

I lost nearly all my better boy and san marzanoes to this. They looked fine for the longest time, then nearing harvest this happened! Cherry tomatoes were nearly all fine. All the tomaotes were planted in same area of garden.

Thumbnail by TheDL Thumbnail by TheDL Thumbnail by TheDL Thumbnail by TheDL Thumbnail by TheDL
Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm not a tomato expert but it looks like late blight, which very contagious to other plants.
http://articles.extension.org/pages/72678/late-blight-management-in-tomato-with-resistant-varieties

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Is the damage only on the fruit or do you see it on the foliage too?

Brockville, Canada

Thanks for the replies! The foliage seemed fine, fruit went from green and decent looking to that. Picked some green that looked ok and they also developed those problems ripening in the house

Got a lot of nice tomato plants almost ready to go in garden and I really want to avoid these problems this year

Late Blight affects the foliage as well as the fruit, quickly killing the plant. I'm not familiar with your area at all. You may want to take your photos to a nursery.

You might also try posting on the Beginner Gardeners Forum. I'm thinking some type of insect did this but I'm not sure. I'll look around and post again if I find anything.

You might want to google stinkbug damage. Not sure,,,,,but it's a start.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.