and last but not least Sky Hooks

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

My first iris this year

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Love this one

Thumbnail by katgroves
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

I've been so busy the first blooms snuck up on me! Yesterday I found Smell the Roses and Stitch Witch. I saw another SDB open today, but haven't had a chance to snap a pic.

Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Blooming today: Patacake, Being Busy, and lost tag - maybe What Again

Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Beautiful iowhen...mine are almost done for the year, I will have a few very late ones. I will enjoy seeing the ones posted by others until next year...

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Very pretty

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Two more for me...Berry Fulfilling and Come to Me, notice the horns on this one!

Thumbnail by cocoajuno Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Dewey, AZ(Zone 7a)

So many beautiful iris! I would like to have Los Coyotes...love that vibrant yellow and red. Mine have been blooming up here in Dewey AZ (zone 7a/b, high desert) since mid-March, and will likely be finished by the last couple weeks of May. Our first season here, so I'm excited. And I've seen a bunch bloom for the first time, since they were in a lot purchased right before we moved. (Yep, I potted them up and brought them with us from Texas.)

Here are; Tiger Butter, Gala Madrid, Old Black Magic, Panama Hattie, and Distant Roads.

Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie
Dewey, AZ(Zone 7a)

Paprika Fono, Life of Riley, Modern Classic, Rare Find, and Frost Echo

Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie
Dewey, AZ(Zone 7a)

And these...are all noid's. :~) It will be a while before I can id them...if I ever do. Cheers!

Dewey, AZ(Zone 7a)

Here are a couple shots of the beds--when we moved here, I had to get them in the ground as quickly as possible, so I put the Noids in one bed, and then the rest wherever they could go--it'll take a couple years to sort through and put them where they look best together.

Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Wow, TexasDollie! That dark red noid is knocking my socks off! ~~~swoon~~~

Yesterday's blooms are Forever Blue and Constant Companion. It has been rainy and cool this last week, so not many blooms.

Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

TexasDollie Los Coyotes is still blooming and I have such a big clump... I love Tiger Butter and Panama Hattie, they are such beauties. Iowhen Forever Blue is to die for! I had a bloom yesterday Play with Fire, it is much redder in person!

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Two beds...

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Blooming 5-1-16 Peggy Anne

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

TexasDollie your #5 noid might be Clarence, compare yours with the pictures in plant files.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

My second one to bloom

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

N

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

See if this goes on

Thumbnail by katgroves
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

katgroves, that is a beauty!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks don't remember the name the tag was washed clean. Had to yell at the township people as they were cleaning out the ditches and was going to take out some iris and Daylilies. I told them I would clean my own ditch in front of my house.

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Constant Companion, Elephant Footprints, Michael Paul, NoID, 2nd of EF. Sorry if some of these are sideways. Don't know why this happens when posting from my phone.

Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow such beauties iowhen, I may have a couple more but if I don't catch them early they dry out...This one is U Gotta Plicata....

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

I had too may new ones this year which kept me hoppin all the way through Spring. I posted a bunch to plant files but I thought I would start posting some of those that didn't post to plant files this year.

This yellow NOID Iris is the one that started it all for me 6 years ago. It can put out 50 to 75 blooms in a season and is one of my earliest. Maybe not the most beautiful but it makes up for it in spirit.

The Orange is Orange Surprise! Beautiful at Dusk

This message was edited Jun 1, 2016 10:33 PM

Thumbnail by eolivas103 Thumbnail by eolivas103
Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Here are some more:
Change In The Weather - Prissy with all it's ruffles and a consistent bloomer.
City Lights - This was more blue for me this year. In fact the majority of my blues were bluer (if that is a word) this year. It's just such a mystery how the color can change slightly from year to year. Just another reason why I love the Iris.
Bold Statement - Love the color
Hot Dogs and Mustard - Huge Blooms Note the big red streak in one of the standards
In Living Color - Ok Confession time This is my ugly one. It is the only one I have that is just not pretty to me. But...I decided I don't want to get rid of it because it blooms like mad and the form is very nice. I keep thinking it's just the wrong year and some year I will love it. Who knows???

This message was edited Jun 1, 2016 10:34 PM

Thumbnail by eolivas103 Thumbnail by eolivas103 Thumbnail by eolivas103 Thumbnail by eolivas103 Thumbnail by eolivas103
Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Repartee - Huge Flowers, Great grower and heavy bloomer.
Gladys Austin - Definitely up there in my favorites. The way the colors all blend together is very beautiful
Daughter of Stars - Grows like a star.
Immorality - This one is so funny. It is a rebloomer but it has been giving me exactly one bloom a year for the past 3 years. It could be in April or it could be in December but just that one bloom. This year it was generous. I got two blooms in April But I do love it.
Gnu's Blus - This one was much more blue for me this year as well. This iris has won more of my favor each year. At first it was just OK. Now I really love it.

This message was edited Jun 1, 2016 11:07 PM

Thumbnail by eolivas103 Thumbnail by eolivas103 Thumbnail by eolivas103 Thumbnail by eolivas103 Thumbnail by eolivas103
Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Green and Gifted - 1st blooms were not as green as I remember from the year before but regardless of the shade, it always had my eye with those dark beards against the light background.
Glitter Repink - Small blooms but it is great bloomer.
Alpha Gnu - Sooo many blooms this year out of this small Iris. This was a lucky one with 4 falls.
Ecstatic Echo - Always puts on a show
Jennifer Rebecca - Very colorful

This message was edited Jun 1, 2016 11:10 PM

This message was edited Jun 1, 2016 11:13 PM

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

DeNile - Love this one
Orangutan Orange - Heavy bloomer this year and bloomed for over a month
Bachelor Party - One of my favorites
Wintry Sky - The blue is true blue on this and the form is lovely
Iwana Iguana - Another good grower.

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Best Bet - Always performs for me and always takes my breath away
Valse Bluette - Reliable bloomer
Metalious Blue - Good Diamond Dusting. Huge blooms.
Drifting Bubbles - Great performer and I love the form on this iris. Big blooms. Also wants babies. I had to keep pulling seed pods off it and the bees were doing all the work

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

That ends my 2016 season. Loved seeing everyone's beauties on this thread. I plan to go back and review more slowly now, all your pics, so I can start dreaming of what to order in 2017.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.