Tomato Problem

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

I have been growing tomatoes for years and never had this happen. The very tips are growing out yellow. This is growing in my Aerogarden. I have another tomato growing in the same Aerogarden and it does not have the same problem. The seeds for both tomatoes where placed in the Aerogarden at the same time. I have grown tomatoes in my Aerogarden lots of time with no problem. The one with the yellow top is just listed as heirloom and the other is the Mighty Might. They are both Aerogarden seed pods. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding
Lake Elsinore, CA

It could be lack of nitrogen or a virus.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I've had that happen when my plants were newly planted and had a growth spirt. Almost like the nutrients couldn't keep up with the fast growth, but my plants were in ground. They always grew out of it. How are yours doing now?

Ozark, MO(Zone 6a)

In my experience, the crinkled green leaves on both those plants plus yellow tips on one indicate that they're under stress. Usually that means they're getting too much of something (water or fertilizer) rather than too little, and they're stressed and having a hard time adapting.

I'm not familiar with Aerogarden, and your plants may grow out of the problem once they're adapted - but you may be able to figure out what's stressing them now and correct it.

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

i also wonder if it isnt the beginning of mosaic virus, as i hear that the crinkling leaves can be one symptom, but usually you get splotchy colored leaves too, so not sure

This message was edited Mar 22, 2016 12:05 AM

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

I found it covered with spider mite webs.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.