Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1413040
# 1 unknown
# 2 Beg Dragon Wings
# 3 No Mai
# 4 purps
# 5 purps
all from 2013

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Bump

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Man, that number 3 is awesome. Well, they are all beautiful, you know how I love morning glories.. is that a begonia? I am pretty sure I grew one of your #1's
( unknown) last year.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful flowers Jackie.

Thanks for the new thread.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie! So nice to see!

Thanks ladies,
Debra, that is Begonia Dragon Wings.
Wish I could remember what the 1st one is. It might be a bloom that has changed
colors, which makes it harder to id.

These are from August last year, doesn't the first one remind you of yours, Jackie?

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms Debra.
Yes your 1st bloom looks a lot like mine, color is very close.
Do you have a name on yours?

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

So ready to be able to start planting again.

Sorry Jackie, I am pretty sure it came from you, tho, I never throw away packets, I will need to go thru and see. Gee, look at the pretty flower Kat has!

That is her new Granddaughter. Miss Myah Gracelynn. She is so beautiful!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks guys

I was looking for old mg pics when I came across mushroom pics all on the same day in 2013.Had several more.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

cool! are those the edible kind? your blooms are pretty, Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms ladies. Neat mushrooms Jackie.

Jackie, those are awesome.

Thanks girls. I don't know if those are edible Debra, perhaps just not
flavorful. I wouldn't touch any of them with a 10 foot pole.
A few more from the same day.
# 2 is the same as # 3 above,, the underside
# 3 is Old Man of the woods, dh calls it Devils Snuffbox
Edible but bland
Last one is molding, yuck!! 4 days later than the others
I'll post these to the fungi forum too.

This message was edited Feb 6, 2016 12:39 PM

I love how weird those things are.. I took this photo out in the country it is called Morell?

Thumbnail by joeswife

Morells are good for eating, and very expensive if you can find them in the store.

Gautier, MS

Really neat mushrooms Jackie and Debra. Love your blue mg Jackie!

Had to water plants in my green house, was a bit warmer after noon. Surprised me to see a bloom on my abutilon and turks cap (?) being close to the house gives them some protection (kept from freezing so far). I'm not waiting for spring even if I loose a few mgs before it gets here.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Great to see a morel Debra. I've never had one of those in my yard
Nice blooms Helena, a bright spot of color Your seedlings look great. Looks like they
have had a giant growth spurt and ready for bigger pots and some warm
weather.to start blooming.,

This message was edited Feb 7, 2016 2:15 AM

Helena, things are looking great in your greenhouse.

how exciting, Helena. It looks like you are going to be posting blooms in no time. Love the abutilon, I have never grown one. they looks so neat. is a mini turks cap like an abutilon?

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I've been waiting forever for my older vines to make buds and they just are not ready yet. I decided to take my older vines to the greenhouse before I lost them. They will get more natural sun and I'll keep the heat lamps on unless it gets too warm in there.
Debra the abutilon is in the Malvaceae plant family. The Malvaviscus mollis, tukrs cap is also in the Malvaceae family. Both tropical and good hummer plants.

I hope your older mg seedlings start making buds soon Helena.
I scored 2 mini Phalanopsis orchids at my Lowes. 1.oo each. A shame they won't ever water the tropicals, they were near dead with wilted blooms. After I soaked them,. one opened her blooms. Guess they would rather get their money back from the grower than make the sale.
My new Phal orchid
Last Aogakiyama bloom b4 I tossed the vine, late Nov.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

awww u luck, Jackie, what a beautiful rescue. I love your AO, too.

That is a good buy on the orchid.

Thanks Debra and Linda. Wish I could have gotten a better pic of the Orchid. The colors
were prettier than shown but I just couldn't capture the true colors.

Gautier, MS

Pretty orchid Jackie. Your Ao was beautiful.

Yesterday I repotted 13 of my seedlings into bigger 24 oz Styrofoam cups and got them into the gh. I spotted a tiny bud on one of my mgs, really surprised me! Also look at this neat leaves on this seedling, hope it's not a virus of some kind. Hope it keeps growing and I didn't jinx it.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I hope it's not a virus too. Very pretty.

Beautiful leaves Helena. The yr I had all those gorgeous variegated lvs, I know it was a virus in my potting mix. To keep it going, I would have needed to take cuttings
but I didn;t have the time. Virused lvs don't come true from seeds. Maybe you can take cuttings when your vine grows a little more. :-) I root mine in water

Gautier, MS

I knew you had a vine similar to it Jackie. I will have to keep an eye on it and take cuttings later on. The label I have on it is Pink volunteer. I tried quite a few of my older seeds first so I really don't know for sure the color of the blooms.

Looking forward to the pink blooms on your pretty vine Helena. :-)
A pretty day here today b4 the bottom falls out tomorrow..

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are so pretty.

Gautier, MS

Me too Jackie. It's a warm pretty day here too. Hoping it stays like this for tomorrow, but probably not.

Gorgeous 2013 blooms Jackie.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, they say we have a cold front coming thru tonight, but this coming week, we will have 60's and maybe even 70's here.Cause to celebrate.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I think they said it was going to get colder here too....but nothing like it is up North. Sounds awful weather up there.
Anybody getting ready to start mg seeds yet for early spring? I'm getting started on a few of my special blooms.

I want to start some seeds, but with having hip surgery on the 24th, I don't know if hubby will keep an eye on them. I might wait, or just sprinkle them in the fence line and hope for the best?

Helena, hope the extreme weather in the North comes to a stop soon
I would like to start some sds but I never do well with any I start this early.
Hope you get some beauties from your special sds.
Linda, I know you will be so happy to get this surgery done. How long will you be in the hospital?

Linda I bet if u just scatter some seeds, step on them lightly and water them well beofre your surgery, mother nature will take care of them for you. You need to concentrate on you getting taken care of.

Jackie as always your blooms are beautiful. It Is COLD WINDY AND COLD here today!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.