And so it begins ...

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

There are plant nuts right here, eager to get us/me hooked. You're doing a fine job all by yourself Weerobin (notice use of two names). Keep it up, I'll be penniless before I retire.

Check this one out, for those that can grow Heathers, I just found it today X Phylliopsis hillieri. Hey, just trying to give back.
https://www.google.com/search?q=X+Phylliopsis+hillieri&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiy0u3PyrLLAhVMvoMKHX5RAboQsAQIHA&biw=1280&bih=898

Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

My first blooms are always sacrificed to the rabbits.
Those are just gorgeous photos! I really don't think my yard is up for corydalis or heather. I have sandy soil that can get very dry and once July hits here, a lot of plants can't take the heat and humidity. Heather is another one that looks great and then one day, it just dies. However, I guess I mostly got my heather plants from Home Depot so that could be the problem.
I guess I will have to look.

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Loretta-
I got my Dudley from Sequim Rare Plants, a small local very high quality nursery. It is listed under Aurinia, and they do mail order. I don't know if that is correct or Alyssum but you could search both ways. $8.95 per plant. Presumably some nursery on the east coast has it too! I might caution you here in summer it is generally 75F with 40% humidity, and may not rain for a month. Your summers are likely quite opposite, so I don't know how Dudley will do there. He might melt. Here the leaves are fabulous almost year round. I am in love with Dudley.

http://sequimrareplants.com/plant%20list.html

I had lots of stuff emerging in the spring that were sacrificed to rabbits...until I got cats.

Thanks for the link Pistil, that's a good price too!

Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

I forgot about Sequim Rare Plants. They have a few plants on my want list like Tubby Andrews Bergenia. The shipping seems very reasonable. Could those prices be outdated?
I also had a cat with a taste for rabbit but unfortunately he's gone now. That's him in my avatar. He use to feed my dog rabbit too.

What a good cat, they sure look happy together. I'm hoping your dog isn't too depressed without him. Aww...

Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

Honestly, the dog was a little afraid of the cat even though the cat loved him.

Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6a)

I have a small plant of Althea blue bird for sale or trade. It is about 1' in height and has spent the winter in a cool greenhouse. I mistakenly ordered 2 instead of one., so it is healthy but surplus. i would rather trade than sell so if you are interested contact me with your trade plants .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.