More info wanted on compost bin

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I want to make my compost bin from building blocks - I don't really know what you call them - the grey concrete blocks with two compartments!! I want to stack them up to make the three sides of the bin and then screw two channels of wood up the two front sides so that I can drop 2 x 4s into them. Is this making sense. The idea being that I usually take compost from the bottom of the bin and by removing one or two planks of wood at the base I can get to the compost. My question is is it possible to drill into the concrete blocks - I really should go and try for myself - and how can I stop all the planks from falling down when I remove the bottom ones. My DD had a great bin in Germany and it was so structured to make handling easy. Does anyone know what I'm talking about...lolol!! In that case, explain it to me...lol!!

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!