Sad as it seems-

cambridge md, MD(Zone 7a)

This morning I decided to join Dave's garden again after a long year of being too busy to get online for the garden. I am so sorry to see the changes , I do not like the new format , it is not inviting . After all if it was not for us the subscribers there would not be as much going on. Anyway I am happy to see that some wonderful people like Gitagal is still on this site . Are we still having the seed exchange? What has been going on .

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hello Orchidfancy, So very nice to hear from you again, it has been a long time.
Well you missed the mess that drove most of us away from DG. I am not sure I can explain but in the process to change the DG format there were glitches that made it impossible to post or access the site for days at a time. Most of us were already members of ATP Allthingsplants.com which is the original Dave's new site. You will find most of us there in a Mid Atlantic Forum. It is free and pretty easy to navigate.
Some of us still visit the old DG site here but much of the chat and activity has moved. Boy you just missed the seed swap it was held about 2 weeks ago it would have been so very nice to see you again.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

What Holly said was indeed the case here. An absolute total mess and no apparent concern from the powers that be. We're enjoying our chats at ATP. Sorry you missed out on the seed swap. Seems like ages since we saw you. Keep in mind, though, that the spring plant swap will be at Jill's in Frederick, at a time not yet in place. Hope to see you there.

cambridge md, MD(Zone 7a)

I did post a message several days ago and I have not seen it posted. This used to be such a vibrant group and now I am sorry that I renew my membership to see how little there is going on on Dave's garden. The format has changed to such a point that people are not on it. If it work why change it ...... and it snows again today.

Frederick, MD

Well, this forum will get a little busier now.

Just got word that my move was canceled... they realized too many claim reps have left our office and we'll be short of them when jobs get posted next month, huge turnaround from them telling us there would be a shortage of jobs.

So... although it's not a job I really relish, handling just property damage claims, no injury claims, I'm happy to be staying ! YAY!!

On another note, what the hell did they do to this website ? Change is good... sometimes. This isn't one of them! :)

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Cam, they made a number of changes (again) here at DG and didn't even properly beta test before changing over. There were lots of problems and complaints, and then in early January there was a couple of days when members couldn't even post. As a result, most everyone has migrated over to the Mid-Atlantic forum at ATP, Allthingsplants.com. Glad to hear you are staying in Frederick, and to celebrate your continued participation, the Spring plant swap will be held at Jill's. :-)

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

CAM, so glad you're staying. I'll bet your plants are glad, too.

Lots of posts over on All Things Plants, as David mentioned.

Frederick, MD

Thanks for the info, both of you ! I will register over at the other site and see what's going on over there. :)

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Woohoo! Cam. See you either here or over at ATP.

Glad you have a sense of some job security.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Cam--
Mostly YOU and most of us are happy you are staying--as you took so much time
and effort to plant all the plants you got at the fall swap. That is a blessing...
You can stay in your newly moved-in beautiful home.
You had planted all these swap plants, and I know it hurt you deeply to have to move
and leave them all. WELCOME BACK!!! And-thanks for taking care of my Tote. Gita

Frederick, MD

Thanks, Jan. Thanks, Gita.

Yes, I can now watch the 250+ plants I put in the ground last year come up and come back this Spring (hoping all of them make it through the winter, of course). And still being part of this group is another very nice benefit of staying here !

Glad you got the tote back, Gita, it was safe and sound on a closet shelf under my watch so, as you can tell, it's just as you left it. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.