Aussie Broms in 2016

shellharbour, Australia

Hi everyone.

I don't know if this is allowed or not but as we aren't a professional organisation or business I'll try to display the add for our Bromeliad Sales Day and hopefully anyone reading this can come along and pick up some bargains.

All the best, Nev.

Thumbnail by splinter1804
shellharbour, Australia

Hi everyone.

It seems like every time I manage to be able to post on this site, there's no one around to read it.

Anyway today I want to talk briefly about the genus Nidularium, which is a very much underrated genus that should be in more collections

Fortunately where I live, I can grow these and my other brom's in the garden or shade house and don't have the constraints of requiring a heated glass house or having to move plants inside during winter, so anyone contemplating growing these plants needs to consider their own climatic conditions which may be very different to mine and adapt accordingly.

Nidulariums are grown by a few growers here in my area of south eastern Australia, but nowhere near as many as other commonly grown genera such as Neoregelias, Aechmeas, Guzmanias, Vrieseas and Billbergias.

They are an easy to grow plant and will grow in pots, mounted on trees or simply planted in the garden under similar conditions for those plants mentioned above, but the big plus is that they will also grow and flower when grown in low light conditions that other plants find unacceptable e.g. I have some growing among ferns in a low light environment and still they flower.

Probably the best known and the easiest of the lot to grow is the species Nid. innocentii which will quickly grow into a nice clump when planted in the garden and it produces a nice inflorescence with small white flowers supported by deep red bracts which stay in colour for many months.

There are several different species and hybrids available some of which are shown below.

Pic. 1 is Nid. innocentii, Pic.2 is Nid. campos-porti, Pic.3 is Nid. 'Litmus', Pic. 4 is Nid. 'Nana' and Pic. 5 is Nid. 'Miranda'

Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

All the best, Nev.

Thumbnail by splinter1804 Thumbnail by splinter1804 Thumbnail by splinter1804 Thumbnail by splinter1804 Thumbnail by splinter1804
Townsville, Australia

Hi Everyone!

Nev did you not see my lengthy post and pictures from the 9/2 he he? I have been around posting but sick with Tonsillitis at the moment so not feeling like I have the energy to do much at the moment but sleep and go to work and sleep as much as I can.

I am really missing the garden at the moment and have so much catching up to do out there racking leaves, pruning shrubs and tending to my broms; thank goodness bromeliads do not need constant care and attention and appear to be thriving beautifully from all the neglect these past couple of months.

Great topic to bring up on Nidulariums', I only have a few in my collection which are 'innocentii' and 'spotti' (can't remember it's proper name just now); but I would like to continue to collect more and more of these beautiful plants but just do not see that many available for sale out there or when I visit peoples private collections. Mine are really happy growing in low light and that is another reason why I want to get more of these beautiful plants as it would be nice to fill up some of my really shady spots with more of these.

I also like to grow the soft leafed (Pic. 1) of Vriesea Red Cockatoo and Pink Cockatoo in the same positions that the Nidulariums' like and always really enjoy when they produce those pretty colourful flowers that are so long lasting and they also reward you with lots of beautiful pups and look fantastic when left in clumps displayed in nice pots or a pot in a pot in the ground.

The other bromeliad I like to grown in low light is (Pic. 2) Aechmea 'Winklerri x (Unknown). Nev you would recognise this plant as you kindly sent me a pup about a year and a bit ago and I was so captured by it's pretty matchstick like creamy yellow flower when it flowered late last year and I have it growing in the same spots as my Nidulariums' and soft leafed Vrieseas'.

Oh and one other large growing Guzmania (unfortunately I do not know this ones name) that I really like growing in low light is the one pictured below (Pic, 3); this one astounds me with sheer size and amazing bright big red flowers and its a great producer of pups.

Anyway I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and gets to spend some quality time in the garden. I have dragged out all of my gardening and bromeliad books to keep me inspired and chomping at the bit to get better real soon hopefully so I can get out there and enjoy our garden; I have so many plans running around in my head on projects I want to do but what I am lacking is the time on weekends to do them so all I can do is chew away at things slowly in the hope of getting there in the end and not creating too much of a mess in the garden for too long as I like to keep everything looking as neat and tidy as possible and do not like having too many jobs going at once otherwise things do end up looking untidy.

Take Care & Happy Gardening!

Trish

Thumbnail by bromishy Thumbnail by bromishy Thumbnail by bromishy
Christchurch, New Zealand

some lovely purples there Nev.

Neo concentrica seems to give good results in crosses.
I like the way the leaves curl down on the last one.

Also wonder how a Neo concentrica / Neo Ashanti cross would go?

Hope Brian can make it back on here, would love to see how his shade house is going.

take care - Teresa

just in case the media makes a big deal of it - the earthquake in ChCh this afternoon wasn't too bad.
I was at dog club & the clubhouse moved a fair bit, we have no obvious damage & the same at home.
My in laws moved into their new villa today & felt nothing!

I am glad they bought a brand new place in one of the most stable areas of the city.

take care all
Teresa

Townsville, Australia

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick drop in today as not long home from a drive with the Girls to a great Deli that's situated about 1hr from us. The Girls were fantastic the whole time and while Joe was shopping for Deli food I took the Girls to a nice big park with lots of Rain Trees for a frolic and a run and then we sat on the grass and waited for Joe to get back before we headed off home. Before that we took them to the beach early this morning as they woke us up like they usually do on the weekends.

Happy Valentines Day to All!!!

Teresa so pleased to hear all's well with you and your family in ChCh with the earthquake. Also good to hear no damage sustained to your homes. Hope Sugar and the other pooches did not get frightened.

Trish

shellharbour, Australia

Hi Everyone.

Teresa - I'm pleased to hear that the earth tremor wasn't too bad and you and your family are all OK.

Trish - I hadn't heard of Vr. Red Cockatoo so I looked it up and it's not registered, so it looks like someone just stuck that name on because it looked like a red version of the others.

They are great plants though and although the flowers are short lived, the coloured bracts last a long time and as well as growing in a low light area they can be taken inside while in colour.

I have Pink Cockatoo and Purple Cockatoo and if you get the light just right you can get the Purple Cockatoo so dark it almost looks black (unfortunately I can't seem to capture the dark colour with the camera though). The other thing it has going for it is that it's quite glossy.

Pic 1 is Pink Cockatoo and Pic 2 is Purple Cockatoo.

All the best, Nev.

Thumbnail by splinter1804 Thumbnail by splinter1804
Townsville, Australia

Hi Everyone!

Teresa I hope you are OK in ChCh as I was watching the news this morning and it was worrying to see what was going on with the Earthquake and I hope you and your family are all safe and well.

Nev thanks for sheading some clear light on Vriesea 'Red Cockatoo', I went on the BCR and had a good look at the picture of 'Pink Cockatoo' and it looks like the one I have is labelled incorrectly, so I now have 2 x of the same plant although I always thought they were different for some reason; now I can amend their tags which is a good thing and next time they flower I will sit both plants side by side and see if the flowers are the exact same colour or if there is any difference about them and hopefully take some pictures.

What a pretty flower Vriesea 'Purple Cockatoo' gets; the flower appears longer than 'Pink Cockatoo' but maybe that's just my eyes playing tricks on me; even when looking at the one's on the BCR I thought the exact same.

I was pleased with myself this morning as I got up early and potted broms for half an hour and hope to get back into the habit as it was something I always liked to do last year before heading off to work every day. It's the best time of the day, so quiet and peaceful and so very pleasant weather wise as now our mornings and evenings are not so hot and it's refreshing to be out there instead of breaking out into a sweat at 4am; and soon I will be swimming again in the morning so I thought pot broms first and then go for a swim would be a very nice way to start my mornings during the week.

Pic. 1 - Neo. 'Bakers Tiger'
Pic. 2 - Neo. 'Amazing Grace'
Pic. 3 - Neo. 'Blood Plum' (as labelled when purchased as a wee pup). Although many have said they think it is Neo. 'Gunpowder'; but when I compare it to that of the one on the BCR I see no resemblance so have keep it's current label. I have compared my picture to other pictures of 'Blood Plum' and see the resemblance. This plant ended up maturing quiet big (65 + cm width) and was a real standout in the garden. It has produced some nice pups that are showing good signs of growing up to be as beautiful as their mother.
Pic 4 - Neo. 'Heart Music x Concentrica' - another favourite of mine that grows to a good size.
Pic 5 - Neo. 'Kiko'

Anyway time to put the kettle on before it gets to late.

Trish

Thumbnail by bromishy Thumbnail by bromishy Thumbnail by bromishy Thumbnail by bromishy Thumbnail by bromishy
Townsville, Australia

Oops posted my thread twice somehow, not too sure how I managed that???

Trish

shellharbour, Australia

Hi everyone - It seems like we're again back to the usual tiny group except Brian who's still M.I.A.

Trish - Glad to hear you're getting back into the normal "swing of things" again after all the dramas. What do the girls think of your early morning potting excursions?

Regarding the size of Purple Cockatoo, I found that when I was looking after the Vrieseas better and fertilising as they required (they do like more than the Neo's), the length of the “paddle” on Purple Cockatoo was 1/3 longer than Pink Cockatoo, so maybe a bit more TLC from me is required to get the Vrieseas back into condition as I’ve been slack and dropped off the fertilising considerably.

As for comparing your plant of Blood Plum with that of Gunpowder, let me say that I have both plants but I’d have to have a look and take pic’s to post as I can only remember Gunpowder and my plant looks similar to your plant if didn’t have those dark markings on the leaves. Anyhow I’ll take some pic’s today and post them tomorrow. I can’t seem to access the BCR this morning so I can’t even look at that for a comparison either.

I also have a “Heart Music” x concentrica but it doesn’t have that heavy blotching like yours, just the fine lineation and some concentric type markings. I like your plant and find it very different and attractive.

To finish today, I’ll post a few more pictures of Nidulariums and Pic.1 is Nid. Fulgens, Pic.2 is one I bought as Nid. ‘Ruby Ryde’, but it now turns out that it’s a bi-generic called xNiduregelia ‘Ruby Ryde’ however no parentage is recorded. Pic.3 is Nid ‘Madonna’, a beautiful Nidularium which would have looked better if the photographer had cleaned the plant before taking the picture. Pic.4 is Nid. ‘Orange Bract’ (formally Nid fulgens orange) and Pic.5 is Nid Ruby Lee (one of my favourites).

All the best, Nev.

Thumbnail by splinter1804 Thumbnail by splinter1804 Thumbnail by splinter1804 Thumbnail by splinter1804 Thumbnail by splinter1804

hot, hot & hot again...
getting up around 30C but dropped down to 13C over night.

Haven't felt any of the aftershocks but the company next door drops heavy loads off their forklift and shakes our building so I guess I wouldn't know the difference.

Last Tuesday night of my basic control class at dog club, only 4 turned up which is a shame but the 4 who were there have done well & seemed happy with their certificates & I was able to give them all a 'prize' as well as a certificate.

take care all
Teresa

Townsville, Australia

Hi Everyone!

Just got home from work and its just clocking on 8pm and I'm exhausted so I will pass replying to missed posts tonight sorry and try to get on tomorrow as just about to have some dinner and then off to bed soon after that as big day again at work tomorrow with lots of audits happening and reporting to be done. I am trying not too work too hard but sometimes it just falls at the worst possible times when I am sick and just some things you can't avoid so you just grin and bear it and then just rest when you get home best you can to make it to the end of the week.

Trish

shellharbour, Australia

Hi everyone - I don't know that I'm all that fussed with this new set up on the forum. I especially dislike the thread being divided into separate pages and find that opening it up and then scrolling down to where you can print your new post only to find you have to go to another page is a bit of a pain in the bum! Anyway I guess we just have to make the most of it, at least it's working again.

Teresa - You having to put up with cold temperatures and after shocks, you didn't say how Miss Sugar likes this sort of thing.

Trish - You're letting work get on top of you again; remember what happened last time? Don't forget to make some Trish, Joe (and the girls) time among all of this extra work.

Just for a change to day I'll post a few pic's of my back garden which were taken by one of the members during the recent garden visit.

All the best, Nev.

nice pics Nev...

I think there is something wrong with the way your page is displayed...

when I open the thread I click on the 'skip to new posts' & it takes me straight there.

to reply the box is under the last post - pretty much where it used to be, the difference is that the choose photos is directly under the reply box & then you have the option to preview post or just post reply...

cheers - Teresa

This message was edited Feb 19, 2016 9:23 PM

shellharbour, Australia

Opps - Forgot the pic's didn't I?

All the best, Nev

shellharbour, Australia

Hi everyone

Now the message I sent before the pic's is gone, this site is really trying me out Baaaah!

All the best, (a very cranky) Nev

long weekend of dog obedience...
I didn't bother running Sugar, she has been eating fallen plums & between an upset tummy & a sugar high she would have been a dodgy prospect.

Nice pics Nev,
quite a collection of broms there!

I am shattered - and glad I took my sunblock as it was hot & sunny both days.

Picked a handful of ripe strawberries when I got home this afternoon, they will be nice with my breakfast.

cheers - Teresa

well it has been hot, hot & hotter this week.
temps of over 30C on multiple days, coupled with a lack of rain sees much of my back lawn brown & crispy.
the garden seems to be coping despite not being watered.
I use the watering can on the potted strawberries etc on the terrace & turn the hose on the Nil nutans when I fill the watering can.
It seems to be doing well - still nice & green.

Take care all - Teresa

mostly warm & dry still, some areas of the garden are out of control - the robinia freesia was cut down a couple of year ago but has left a legacy of robinia coming up from the root stock.
Had one big tree cut down & it is resprouting as is the silver birch.
Very annoying & I will obviously have to poison them to get rid of them once & for all.
I also have a Chilean flame tree that sends up suckers from the roots - I have allowed one to grow but a bit cross with the ones coming up through the lawn.

I have been getting terrible headaches for months & months, after trying medication that made me ill I have had blood tests that showed nothing & yesterday a CT scan.
The results cam back as normal... which is nice but it seems there is no reason for the headaches and no cure in sight.

Take care all
Teresa

shellharbour, Australia

Hi Teresa - It looks like you're the only one left posting, and I admire your perseverance.

I've still been having problems posting pictures on this site and because of that and the fact that no one seems to be posting any more (possibly for the same reason) I've decided to move back to a couple of sites I previously used to visit.

Although they aren't as active as they once were, there's still some interesting communication taking place on them and if you’re interested maybe you could join in as well.

They can be found at:
http://www.bromeliadforum.za.net/forum/index.php
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/bromeliad

Regarding your robinia freesia commonly known here as the “Golden Robinia”, the following was written about suckering by Don Burke one of our gardening experts:

"These attractive and useful small trees do have one important drawback: they are prone to suckering. This happens because the variety is grafted on to a vigorous understock, R. pseudoacacia, also known as the False Acacia. The False Acacia will grow to 20m (60′) and is native to the United States. It is a deciduous tree with green compound leaves and sharp thorns and it is now naturalised in many parts of Europe, Asia and Australia".

To read the whole article, go to:
http://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/fact-sheets/in-the-garden/trees-and-palms/suckering-robinia/#.Vt3pPFR94dU

Pleased to hear your blood tests and X-ray CT showed nothing untoward but sorry to hear your headaches still persist.

We had a friend with a similar problem and who went for all the usual tests as well, and after several years of discomfort she had an offer of a better job with more money working in a nursery, which she took..

After a couple of days the headaches stopped, and as she had previously always worked in an air conditioned office and travelled to and from work in an air conditioned train, she is now convinced it was the air conditioning that was causing her problem.

Something worth thinking about if you work in an air conditioned environment.

All the best, Nev.

hi Nev,

sounds spot on for the Robinia, the ones coming up have nasty thorns.

sadly the answer to my headaches isn't that simple as I had them before I started in my new job & we aren't big on aircon here...
we have what we call a heat pump, my brother who lives in Sydney laughs at that & informs me that it is split cycle air con.
We have it in the office but not up in the caf or out in the store so not likely as the cuprit.

I actually have been spending far less time online, even face book is being neglected.

take care
Teresa

Hope everyone had a happy Easter.
I love working office hours...

nice to get the full Easter break off.
The weather has been good & we have taken Sugar out to the dog park every morning.
She surprised us two days ago by racing off ahead and making a beeline for the fence of the next enclosure, when we went through she ran into the shrubbery and I had to follow her to see what she was up to...
she had found the remains of a bunny - a well decomposed one at that.
I was surprised she hadn't touched it or rolled on it, very pleased about that too!

She reluctantly left her find to continue on the walk but when we looped back she made a beeline back to it.
The following day she was too busy playing chase me chase you to think about her bunny until we were in that enclosure, she wasn't as interested & was happy to leave it.
I am impressed at the distance she scented the rabbit from - the enclosure must be about 200 - 300 metres from gate to gate and there was no wind blowing.

Take care everyone
Teresa

Townsville, Australia

Hi Nev & Teresa

Teresa we had a lovely Easter thanks and great to hear you did too.

I have been away for ages due to family illness but back home again now and slowly getting back to our a normal routine.

Great to hear your weather is nice at present and that you are taking Miss Sugar to the dog park, sure she has a ball when she goes there. She would have been very proud of herself finding that dead bunny and thank goodness she did not roll in it, but I am sure she would have preferred chasing a live one given all the energy she has. I too always think what an amazing sense of smell dogs have and I am glad I am not equipped with the same as there are just some things you never want to smell ever LOL We have been taking the Girls to the beach and Lexi even went for a paddle the other day but Lucy only wanted to get her ankles wet and prefers our pool over the sea but she does enjoy walking on the beach with us.

I spent the day in the garden today mucking around in one of the new garden beds we have put in, it's starting to look nice and tropical with all the colour going into it as well as a lot of green from all the new heliconia's and gingers and lipstick palms and small golden canes. I have left the golden canes in pots and dug a hole in the ground and put an empty pot in the ground a little bit bigger then the golden cane pot and then just pop the palm into the other pot and lightly back fill; the reason for this was to keep the golden canes under control as I do not want them to grow too big and when they get to big for their pots I can take them out, divide them and use them elsewhere around the garden or sell them at the markets. The new garden beds have bromeliad in it also but I have promised Joe (pinkie swear) that I would not let them take over the area too much but I wanted enough in the garden to bring the frogs and moisture to the garden and feel all the other plants will benefit greatly from them being there as they help create a great micro climate.

Back to work tomorrow but I am so craving an extra day at home to do more around the garden and it's a full week this week with no public holidays so that's going to be a bit hard to take.

I contacted Nev via email last night to let him know I am back home and I must say it is so nice to be back home and in contact with everyone again. Nev was kind enough to check in on us and it was nice coming home to an email from him , he is truly a great friend.

We have had endless visitors since being back home and it has been great catching up with everyone to see what they have been up to.

Anyway time to head off as I want to check my emails before dinner is ready.

I need to take pictures of the new garden bed and when I do so I will upload to share with everyone.

Trish

so lovely to hear from you again Trish.

Your garden sounds wonderful, I do love plants that can be divided & give you more for free.

I always loved the beach growing up in Auckland surrounded by water, the city is between two harbours.
I don't care too much for the beaches here - the sand is grey & coarse & almost always a bitter cold easterly straight off the sea.

take care
Teresa

Townsville, Australia

Hi Teresa

Thanks, happy to be back home and back here chatting with both you and Nev.

We are really happy with the new garden bed and everything seems to be doing well and growing. I too like plants that multiply but growing bromeliads takes it to and totally different level because you get more than you need and can keep and end up having them coming out of your ears if you are not careful LOL. I am looking forward to when I can pick more of our heliconia and gingers to put in the big vases we have in our house as the flowers last for weeks before they die.

We luv the sea and it's nice living on the second dune with only a wetland between us and the see; we can smell the sea and hear the little waves if it's windy enough. We used to have a lot of mud on our beach but Cyclone 'Yasi' took it all away and now the beach is just sand with no rocks so much more enjoyable to take the Girls for a walk.

Thank goodness it's almost the end of the week as I have been chomping at the bit for the weekend to get here and sure you have too so you can go play in your garden which is exactly what I am going to do.

Trish

well I have been having a miserable time with a cracked tooth...
the dentist had to pull it out as the crack went right down through the root.
I have a feeling there might be another cracked tooth, in my lower jaw, have to go back to the dentist & get it checked.

cheers all
Teresa

Townsville, Australia

Ouch Teresa, hope you feel better soon, sure you would have been in a lot of pain leading up to getting your tooth pulled out; hope the dentist can save your other tooth somehow and that it is not causing you any pain.

Our weekend involved no pain thank goodness except for a little muscle pain as it was jamb packed from start to finish and we are exhausted from all that we did but were pleased with what we had achieved.

We ended up going to this second hand furniture place and brought a handmade wooden outdoor bench seat and also this great table made all from tree and the base being part of a tree trunk. Joe gave the bench seat a good sand back and stained it a lovely honey colour and I lightly sanded back the table top and varnished it all with a satin clear coat varnish and it really brought all the detail of the wood back to life. We also mucked around in the new garden bed and put in our six foot budda statue and 4 x large pots so we are both pretty exhausted from all the heavy lifting, bending and squatting.

I have not taken any pictures yet but will do so once I have everything in its place.

Anyway time to go for a walk with the Girls before it gets too late.

Trish

hi Trish,

my mouth is feeling better, the bottom tooth isn't painful now but I still think it will need attention in the future.

I like the sound of your new outdoor furniture, hope you can share some photos.

take care of the achy muscles - a nice soak in a bath with epsom salts always makes me feel better.

cheers - Teresa

Townsville, Australia

Hi Teresa

Pleased to hear you are feeling much better, must be such a relief.

By all means we look forward to sharing share some photos of our new outdoor furniture; it's nice having the extra seating out there in various parts of the garden so we can kick back and unwind. My favourite seat out of all of them is the Huge Teak Bench-seat that has been made out of an old barn. I am going to be waterproofing it this weekend as the lady we purchased it from said she had not done so for a good 6 months.

Thanks, my sore are muscles are healing from the weekend from all the heavy lifting and I just remembered today that I have Joe and I booked in for a massage on Saturday (mobile massage comes to us - too easy) so that's something to look forward to; except I also get the deep tissue massage which can really hurt sometimes. I always have an Epsom salt bath after the hour massage; last time she worked on me for 1.5hrs so by the time I got in our spa I was totally relaxed and kept nodding off, I took a book to read but that was a waste of time LOL. Joe has never had a massage in his life and I somehow managed to talk him into getting one so we will see how he goes LOL.

Anyway time to head off as I have dreading bookwork to do for our business.

Trish

Hi Trish,

I have really benefitted from deep tissue massage in the past.
Really need to get organised & start going again.
My massage therapist told me at the start that while she could do 'fluffy' massage that was not what I needed.
She was right & I know exactly what you mean about it hurting sometimes.
Worth it for the end results though.

take care
Teresa

Townsville, Australia

Hi Teresa

Great to hear; I too am really benefitting form the deep tissue massage and am sleeping so much better at night than I used to and I am suffering far less headaches. I have been trying to get them on a fortnightly basis but with being away missed a few sessions. My massage therapist likes to do both deep tissue and normal massage in the same session to fully benefit and iron out all the problem spots, knots and fluid retention etc.; boy does it hurt but if you use the right breathing technique it really does help you through the pain. I am also going to try acupuncture down the track as this can really help migraine sufferers like me and I used to benefit from this also.

So what's been happening in your garden and how's your weather at the moment. We are hoping for more much needed rain as we are still on no. 2 water restrictions, it was possibly going to rain this week but too much wind around now blowing it all away.

Anyway time to head off as more bookwork to be done; but before I sign out...

Nev are you looking in, drop us a line sometime. I will send you an email on the weekend and hopefully upload some pictures of the garden as well as here on DG. Sure you are keeping super busy in the garden and looking forward to hearing all you have been up to; sure you have been busy potting broms. I have lots of potting to catch up on but finding it hard to find time, even in the mornings getting a little potting time has been hard to find time as I have been doing bookwork in the morning and swimming before I head into work.

Trish

shellharbour, Australia

Hi everyone - I haven’t been here for a while now as I have to have my daily “fix” of brom. talk and as this site appeared to be dying I went looking back on some of the old sites I previously visited. Fortunately the Bromeliad Forum site which was also in the same state of demise seems to have picked up a little and at least there is a small group of us that can talk about bromeliads and hybridising.

Teresa -Sorry to hear about your tooth problem and that you had to have it extracted.
I had a toothache about nine months ago now and it was a tooth that had previously had root canal therapy and a cap fitted. When my dentist X-Rayed it there was infection in the base of the root caused by a crack which went the whole way and (like you) I was told it would have to come out. He said he wouldn’t extract it until the infection had cleared up and for this he prescribed a curse of Amoxil. I took the course, the infection cleared up and the aching stopped and no more problems since. I still haven’t had it extracted as I don’t see the pint as it isn’t worrying me and besides at my age I need all the teeth I can get.

Before you let them pull any more out ask them to check for an infected root and this might be all it is and you can possibly keep your tooth like I did.

Trish – Good to see you back posting again, and I’m looking forward to seeing your garden renovations and the changes you’ve made since the last time you posted pictures.

I’ve been flat out trying to keep up with the Neo. pup re-potting and just when I get in front, there’s seedlings to move up to a larger pot size and once they are done the Vrieseas need repotting, there’s just no end to it, but at least it gives me something to do which is good as I don’t get out and around town much anymore so it’s great to have everything I really want in my own back yard.

Quite honestly apart from visiting other brom sites, I haven’t been on here much because I was finding it a real “pain in the bum” not knowing if I could post messages or attach pic’s from one day to the next and in the end I’m afraid I just “spat the dummy”. I’m typing this on MS Word so I dn’t even know at this stage if I’ll be able to post or not, but if I can’t, this will definitely be my last attempt and I’ll say goodbye to DG for good.

So here goes with a three of my seedling pic’s to hopefully share with you as well.
Pic.1 Neo. Blackout x Mandela, Pic.2 Neo Bea Hanson x Rosea Striata, Pic.3 Neo, (Charm x Cracker Jack) x Self.

All the best, Nev.

Thumbnail by splinter1804 Thumbnail by splinter1804 Thumbnail by splinter1804

hi there,
Trish I keep thinking the massage might help with my headaches as well as everything else.

Nev - I'm glad the course of antibiotics helped you keep that cracked tooth.
My dentist would have preferred to save mine but it was flexing along the fault line & that caused the pain.
It is a back molar and the tooth below actually lines up with the next one on top so it didn't affect my bite to lose it.

I spent 2 hours collecting for Poppy day at the airport an then another 2 hours on a street corner in our local shopping area.

take care all
Teresa

wow - can't believe how long it's been since I posted.

My old laptop died and of course despite having backed it up to an external drive I lost bookmarks to sites like this & have just not been very organised about getting back on.

Not sure if anyone else is still looking in.

I do miss the conversations with everyone here.

Hubby & I have been looking into buying a new house and have been researching building.
It was interesting looking at sections, prices, covenants in different subdivisions, house plans.
And we thought our desired area would be out of our budget but our budget improved after chatting to the bank and we have started down the path of a house & land package.
So in about 6 months I will be designing a whole new garden from scratch :)

take care all
Teresa

Townsville, Australia

Hi Teresa

Trish the Dish here LOL, are you still looking in :) would luv to get back chatting again my friend; life has been super busy but good, sounds like you have had a lot on also.

Joe and I still keep in touch with Nev via email as often as we can.

Hope your laptop issues are all sorted, nothing worse when they go down and you loose links etc.

How's sweet 'Sugar' going, give her a big pat from us. How's your garden doing?

Cheers

Trish

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.