2015 FALL SEED ROBIN IN FLIGHT PT 2

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

As you Know the Robin Has to start out somewhere & I Have tried to Plan this so that It flies out East to west to try to Beat the SNOW FALL So He won't get Stuck In a Snowbank :)

You all Know the Guidelines The Main one Witch is

1. POST Here When You Get the Robin & When you are Mailing it out to the Next home on the List .

2. No Longer then 3 days EXCEPT For The HOLIDAYS .
MI--DEEJAY49----- Robin left the NEST NOV 4TH
OH---MIDWESTFARMWIFE-- AR -11/6 --FL--11/9
OH----KATGROVES-- AR 11/12-- FT 11/13
PA-----OBLIQUA---AR--11/16---- FT 11/17
PA----KELLEYBEE ---AR 11/18---FT 11/20
MA----VALAL--AR ---11--23---FT 11/24
NH----ALIKAT ---AR 11/ 25 ----FT 11/27
MD-----22MAMA---AR 11/30 ---FT 12/3
DE---TIMMJO --- AR 12/5 ---FT 12/8
NC----LAVINAMAE--AR 12/11 --- FT 12/14
NC-----BETHW336--- AR 12/ 16--- FT 12/18
KY--- CZIMMERMAN00--AR 12 / 23 ---FT 12/24
KY----NANNY23-- AR 12 /26 ---- FT 12/29
MS-----FROGGIES_GIRL ---AR1/4---FT-- 1/5
TX ----STILLPLAYSWDIRT--AR 1/8--FT--1/14
KS----TUCKERSMOM--AR 1/19---FT---1/25
CA----DOMEHOMEDEE--AR ---1/27---FT 1/28
WA-----PISTIL ---AR --1/30 ---FT -- 1/1/16
MN----MINNESIPPI---AR 2/4/16 FT-- 2/5/16
MI---- SUSIE ROBIN LANDED TODAY FEB 8 TH

HAVE OR WANT LIST POSTED HERE
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1405861/

FALL ROBIN SIGN UP LINK
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1405444/

FALL ROBIN IN FLIGHT
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1408216/

2ND TIME AROUND ROBIN :
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1408468/

This message was edited Feb 6, 2016 5:44 AM

This message was edited Feb 8, 2016 5:32 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9

DO NOT COUNT 2ND TIME AROUND FOR THE BIRD WILL COME HOME SO I CAN CLEAN IT UP.& SEND IT BACK OUT.

OH---MIDWESTFARMWIFE

CA----DOMEHOMEDEE---Jan 18 th
MD-----22MAMA----Jan 19 TH
PA-----OBLIQUA-----JAN 20 TH
KY--- CZIMMERMAN00-----JAN 23 RD
NH----ALIKAT------JAN 25 TH
MN----MINNESIPPI-----JAN 27 TH
OH----KATGROVES---------JAN 29 TH
NC-----BETHW336---FEB 1 st
TX ----STILLPLAYSWDIRT----FEB 2ND
MS-----FROGGIES_GIRL---FEB 3 RD
DE---TIMMJO---FEB 4 TH
KY----NANNY23------FEB 5 TH
KS----TUCKERSMOM------FEB 8 TH
WA-----PISTIL----FEB 11 TH
NC----LAVINAMAE--FEB 13 TH
MA----VALAL--- FEB 14 TH
PA----KELLEYBEE---FEB 15 TH

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

What a mess the site is now! What the heck happened??? YUK!!

not sure but they say they are working on the gliches .

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Susie, they're probably were doing some upgrades and/or design changes. Often those types of changes present rendering issues. They've always corrected them before, I have no doubt they'll do it again.

Ellendale, DE(Zone 7a)

Does the person who correctly guessed the Robin's return home earn a prize?

yes a prize will be sent to the player closes to the robin without going pass landing date :)

GN all

Greensburg, PA

I'm not seeing any ads. Sure hope everything settles down! -Kel

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Mt page has 3 ads how do you not have them? I also pay for my subscription

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

To remove ads from your page-
Click on "Preferences" which is in green on the top right of the screen, then on "Ad Settings" in the list on the left- you have choices of none, DG top 5 ads, or all.

Greensburg, PA

I have AdblockPlus (its free) installed on my system. I never see ads unless I disable it on a site. -Kelley

Ellendale, DE(Zone 7a)

The "Preferences" trick worked to get rid of the ads, but the layout itself is bad. Whatever happened to "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

this link might help
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1409917/

just heard from lavinamea she said robin landed & was going to send back out tomorrow. Beth are you ready for the robin ???? GN all

Ellendale, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh, good, someone else got the Robin on a weekend. I'm glad Lavina enjoyed it, and it seems she is quickly sending it on its way; YIPEE! to the next person in line.

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, my! it's getting closer to me! Yay!

Timmijo, I agree! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Ellendale, DE(Zone 7a)

As time goes by, in every aspect of life, it seems, changes are made to things we have liked and gotten comfortable with. I notice this trend in cosmetics: As soon as I finally find a shade that really clicks for me, it is discontinued, reformulated, or re-named.

And what about Microsoft products? Operating systems are constantly being reinvented and changed. Windows XP is considered even by computer programmers themselves to be the best OS ever designed, yet it was laid aside so that Microsoft could move on and "improve" its operating systems. I'm sure that dollars are very important in this practice of continually throwing out the tried and true and inventing the new.

Cameras—some of the best cameras ever made have been discontinued, whether film cameras or digital cameras. Lenses, ditto. Some of the best lens glass EVER made has been laid aside to make way for plastic camera lenses.

People who know nothing about the world before we became a "throw away" society accept this as the norm: That everything you buy will have to be bought again in a very short time because that's just how it works. Things are made cheaply because it is cheaper to just keep producing them and then discarding them and getting another.

Many young people know nothing about the resiliency of a pair of real leather shoes that can last a lifetime; that concept alone is something they would have to be taught by example.

Or cars—Where are the Ford Falcons or the AMC Ambassadors that were made of such heavy metal that the were impervious to a wreck? Cars these days are made of plastic, yet cost thousands of dollars. For plastic.

What a rant! I'm sure there are many more examples. I guess this is in reference to the changes on DG only in that CHANGE is inevitable. If it were not for mobile devices, there would be no need to change the layout of this site, but unfortunately, mobile devices are now the main tool of choice for people to use the Internet.

So, Dave's Garden was not "broke" for us desktop users, but we are fastly becoming the minority, outnumbered by people with hand-held devices who need their screens to look and act like a small, handheld screen should.

Actually, when I checked the new layout on my iphone, it was not that bad, and it certainly did fit the small screen nicely. The faint print that I have never been a fan of on a desktop can be enhanced by brightening up my iphone screen.

So ... all that to say that change happens. Who knows what technology may be right around the corner that will render this topic (the layout of Dave's Garden's site) irrelevant?

We (the world) are still not finished with technology innovation. Just sayin'.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2015 1:56 PM

Ocean Springs, MS

To give an example of change, my youngest son had never seen a rotary phone until 4 years ago. When he began to dial out, he put his finger in the "0" and started counting up the dial! when I finally realized what he was doing, I was speechless! The same is true for the youngest generation and vhs tapes! They have no idea!

Winston Salem, NC

I'm ready for the robin. Will be on the lookout!

Thanks--

Beth

Winston Salem, NC

This message was edited Dec 12, 2015 8:48 PM

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Robin flew yesterday I let Susie know hope she;s OK as she usually post the flown date fast. Hugs Susie and thanks for doing this.
Oh yeah the original idea of paying for Dave;s was so we did not have to see Ads, I hate change and I am not young anymore. JMHO Why are we still gonna have to pay for the site?
Lavina

This message was edited Dec 15, 2015 10:01 AM

Winston Salem, NC

LavinaMae sent a Dmail that she's mailed the robin, so I'm expecting it any day now.

Beth

ty ladies for up-date
I'm with the rest of you HATE CHANGE But do wish they would allow 150 post to a thread rather then 40 so we do not have to go to the next page & Fix the Skip to last post. or where we left off :) that would really help . maybe if enough of us brought it up to them we might get it :) .
well i Promised carolyn my Neighbor we would have some coffee & cookies :)
she is a special needs young lady who's mama died she just has her daddy & He's not well so I try to bring her here & Have a girl party for her so I will go get her she is just across the road :) she likes to have her nails done also :)

so you all have a great day BBL

Ocean Springs, MS

Aw! Susie, that is so sweet of you! I'm sure you and Carolyn will have a nice visit! I'm sorry her Daddy is not doing well. Will say prayers for them!

Woohoo! That robin is getting close to me! Have fun, Beth, when it gets to you! ☺

well carolyn had a fun day as did I we had coffee & cookies while I curled her hair , did her nails , gave her a pedi , & Let her open her gifts i got her she loves
the dvd player I got her last chistmas & so i got her a couple more dvds .
I was trying find the Kitten bowl dvd from Hallmark but guess they do not have the movie on dvd's yet . she loves to watch the Hallmark channel . anyway a fun afternoon just took her home a bit ago :) don't know who is more tuckered out her or me :)

so i'm going to lay back u all have a great eve

Natick, MA

WHEW! I thought it was awful quiet. I guess I missed the move to a new page!

I hope all is well with everyone and you're all ready for the holidays. I have to wrap gifts still, but did the last of my shopping on line yesterday. My son has his last final exam Wed night from 3-6pm (YUCK) and his hardest, so hope it goes well. Then he has one more semester left and may have to take 1-2 classes (because he took a semester off to do a 6 mo. co-op) and he GRADUATES next summer! He can't wait to get out of school and get a "real job" (and make good money). He's going for a double major: computer science (programming) and Electrical Engineering. It will be nice to have him home for more than week!

Have a good week everyone!
val

Greensburg, PA

The "skip to new" function is still not working on this site, and without it, I am never sure where to begin reading when I visit. I hope they fix it soon! I'm using Chrome. ANyone else having trouble with this feature? -Kelley

yes it only work in the dmail but not on the threads . I Hope that they are working on it . & I do not understand why they have OLD Threads showing at the bottom of the Threads Don't make since I will be starting a New Thread each time we hit the 40 Post mark so we do not have to go to next page .

Pain in the neck but better then going through pages of post , what do you think ??? yes or no I will go with the most votes .

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

If you click on the "more" tab at the top right of the thread, it gives you the option to " skip to new" which will take you to the bottom of the page and then you have to go to the next page if there are more than one page. It is a pain in the butt but at least you don't have to scroll through the whole thread to get to the end

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm with Susie! Start a new thread when you hit 40!

Tweet! Tweet! Little robin, where are you?

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Looks like they fixed the Skip to new feature, or maybe it is just like that on the Android phones site?

tracting says Landed this Morning at Beths mail box :)

Ocean Springs, MS

This is off topic but I have a very needy request. I am searching high and low for heirloom thanksgiving or Christmas cactus starts! The starts would come from a mother plant that is at least 25 years old. The segments were mostly rounded with just a small claw at the top of the segment. I'm feeling quite sentimental about my grandmother's plant right now. She passed away in 1982 and no one seems to know what happened to hers! If you have anything to share, please let me know. Thanks so much. ♥

Hop, hop, Robin! Beth, Have fun looking!

Ellendale, DE(Zone 7a)

Froggies Girl:

I began a thread a year or so ago here on DG exactly with what you just said. You are looking for Schlumbergera x buckleyi, the original Christmas Cactus, the one with the smooth edges, not toothed. You should ask middle-aged people who tend to "keep their grandma's" cactus going; that would help to ensure that the cactus is indeed heirloom.

After looking far and wide, I realized that my pastor's family keeps such a cactus in their home. The family gave me a piece. It is doing nicely. I keep it in bright, not direct, light in a window in my house. I do not bother with putting it in the dark to make it bloom, but others might do so.

After that, I saw a poorly-cared-for specimen in the lobby of a restaurant and asked if I could take a little piece of it home. Although my family rolled their eyes and cracked jokes about me, the restaurant obliged. I stuck both cacti together in one pot.

I might be able to get a few pieces for you, but not immediately. I could also offer to repot my pastor's cactus in exchange for a few pieces. This will take a little time. In the meantime, why don't you inquire here in the forums? Surely someone has cuttings.

Sincerely,
TJ

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE HOPE YOUR HAVEN A GRAND DAY PLANNED :)

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

Happy, happy birthday, Julie! I hope it is a wonderful one.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone! love you all ♥

Timmijo, I have posted here on the plant trading forum and a couple others. I have asked around with a few neighbors and friends. Most of the people around here lost all their plants to Katrina. I have posted on local swaps. And only one reply until yours! I'd love anything you could share later on. Thank you!

Where's our little robin? I'm waiting on that little tweet! LOL

Natick, MA

Happy Birthday, Julie. Hope you had a great day!

Hope everyone is ready for the holidays. I just have to wrap and am awaiting a few things to arrive (internet shopping). Going to get my "baby" at college today. Will be nice to have him home for a week and a half before he has to go back for a class he decided to take over winter break to "get it out of the way"
I may not be around much this coming week, so wanted to wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas! Here's hoping 2016 is a BETTER year for all bringing lots of good things!
val

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Happy late Birthday wishes Julie.
And a Merry Christmas to everyone.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you, Val and Dee! Had a great birthday!

I'll be in and out. Merry Christmas to all of you! Love to all ♥

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.