Morning Glories 2015 #17

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1407818

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie.

Our rain has passed for the most part. We are also supposed to get cooler weather now the next couple of days, I think. Not crazy about cold weather but it has been quite warm here until today.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

those are pretty.. I think I grew some of those from you, but haven't been able to catch them in a photo name please? I
I'm really tired and going to bed early, so will take pics tomorrow.

Thanks Helena and Debra.
I think its Pres Bush. Hate it that I didn't name it
when the bloom was fresh in my mind,

Yes Pres Bush from Sept 2013. Originally the sds came to me as PPV

This message was edited Nov 19, 2015 2:35 AM

yes, that is what I planted. beautiful and showy and none alike.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful morning glory Jackie.

Thanks for the new thread.

Debra, One of very favorites, right at the top of my list.Thanks for sending me FS seeds,
another favorite.

Thanks Linda and you're welcome

One more Pres Bush, same time frame as my previous pic

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love that color too.

Thanks Helena., I think PB is a beautiful color too.

This message was edited Nov 20, 2015 2:11 AM

Pres. Bush is very pretty.

Thanks Linda

This is marked as Tempest from earlier this summer
I thought it was Plum Surprise

This message was edited Nov 21, 2015 1:41 AM

Thumbnail by patootie

Hi everyone, just now getting ready for bed, thought I'd pop in and tell you much I love that Tempest.
I took some pictures downstairs last night, hard to believe I have all this with rain, snow, ice and high winds and freezing temps all about me here..
Pink morning glory caudex plant from seed started in May.. argyea wallachi, tree morning glory bottom caudex, top of it next, I had to cut it back it had gotten very leggy outside..
another baby pink moonvine morning glory caudex started from seed in august.( in the amber glass)

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

but wait! there's more.. LOL oh boy am I loopy.there is another species in this pot, it is hard to see it, but it also has a caudex bottom.. second pic is of the mg I got from Africa, it didn't get to bloom, but here it is starting over.. the third pic is of that species that never bloomed outside, I just saved the root and stem, now it is re-leafing out..

my ornamental black pearl pepper.. I have three plants.

proud of my cuttings from Buffalo, I sent back a whole bag of everything she had when I trimmed them for her, she just throws them away, so I sent them to me from there in a bag of moist peat, everything had roots on them by the time I was ready to transplant.. this is one group. I have no idea what most of it is. :P

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

and a few other things.. peach hibiscus, three small cuttings I bought from a seller here before they shut down that shop site,cyclamen from a plant swap. Firespike cutting blooming, the original cutting was from a dg swap. it is now a huge shrub. All my pineapple salvia is blooming..
Kings Mantle likes being by the aquarium.

Beautiful plants everyone.

Debra, you sent me the blue rose of Sharon and it has buds on it. It is supposed to drop to 37 tonight. Do I need to cover it, or bring it in?

Gautier, MS

Love your Tempest Jackie. I remember it had 2 different blooms, one was a dark blue purple and the other was lighter blooms. Now I need to find either pictures I too of them and my seeds. I know I still have some.

Beautiful plants and blooms Debra. You definitely have a green thumb. All look great!

(edit cause the k wants to skip unless I press hard.)

This message was edited Nov 21, 2015 7:39 AM

Hi Linda, if it is a rose of sharon and you want to see the blooms, you should bring it in or it will go dormant in the cold.

I think if is good that we have this cold weather today, but man, I am NOT ready for the 20's it will be tonight!

Thanks ladies.
Debra, interesting caudex mg's. Please send us update pics every once in a while.
Love the Argyreia wallichi and the 1st pic, 2nd row.,
Pretty blooms on the 3rd set..
Helena, hope you find your pics of Tempest so you can post them.
Cold nights here too Debra but nothing like what Kansas gets,

Gautier, MS

It's really cold here this morning, first time turning on the heater but only for a short time.

Jackie, I'm still looking for the picture of Tempest. I've been going back to the forum when I first joined in 2008 I think, looking through the pics of the mg glories I grew then. Time consuming but kind of nice to see those blooms again.

Helena, I agree, fun to see our past blooms. Seems like to me you grew a Tempest
maybe about 2011 or 2012. But it could have been more recent.
Trying to dig out my Sazanami sds, would love to grow the blue and the lav one too.
July 2014

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie those are very pretty.

i THINK i JOINED IN 2008 ALSO. i HAVE HAD SOME PRETTY BLOOMS AND SEEN SOME PRETTY BLOOMS HERE THRU THE YEARS. THOSE SAZ'S ARE AWESOME, JACKIE.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I just found a first picture I posted of Tempest on the 2010 thread #6
So here it is. I'll check on the other threads tomorrow If I can.
Nursing a sinus cold right now.
I agree the Sazanamis are awesome!http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2010/06/14/helenahkh/b71cf9_tn.jpg

Thanks ladies.
The Sazanamis are special.
Thanks for sending a pic of your pretty Saz Helena,
Hope you get to feeling better b4 Thanksgiving.

Helena, that is beautiful!

I hope your feeling better soon!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. A lot of work for us today.

Jackie, I copied several pictures of Tempest from the 2010 MG forum when I grew it. So here are a few. The last one is from Emma when she grew Tempest F3

To see better pics you have to go back to 2010 MG threads.

This message was edited Nov 25, 2015 1:15 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful morning glories Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.

Wishing everyone a blessed Thanksgiving.

Oh those are beautiful Helena, Each bloom different like Pres Bush and Mauve Splash

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Mulberry, FL

Happy Thanksgiving!!! few weird flowers my bat plant is just starting to bloom and Dutchmans pipe!

Thumbnail by Danasplants Thumbnail by Danasplants

I love those bat plants.

Love those 2 blooms Dana. I tried to grow a bat plant a few yrs ago but it didn't like the heat and humidity here.,I think that was the problem.because when I took it in, it would perk right up
in the ac.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Another Pink Tie Dye with no pattern in the bloom.
Mandevilla
Streptocarpella
Thunbergia
one of my last purp blooms

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are so pretty.

Still no frost here. but getting close, It is 43 right now, and our high for the day is supposed to be all of 45.

Thanks Linda.
Been raining non stop here for 2 days. Our high was early this am with temps falling all day.
It's been so nice here with mild temps lasting for over 2 months, that I'm not going to complain too much.
2 from June 2014
Sweet potato Blackie
and Hatsu Arashi??

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

How aggravating, I cannot fix my time zone. I posted at 1124 am not 1224 I
can;t find my old Central Standard Time to select.

Gautier, MS

Neat blooms Dana!

Beautiful blooms Jackie!

It's beautiful day here today. The rain missed us completely! Not sure if it's still coming this way though.

Gautier, MS

Neat blooms Dana!

Beautiful blooms Jackie!

It's beautiful day here today. The rain missed us completely! Not sure if it's still coming this way though.

Thanks Helena.
We have 1-2 more days of rain coming. My pasture is under water and I had to find a place for all my plants on the g house floor. Its flooded too but I did get every thing up on a shelf.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.