Tom MacCubbin

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I do not know if anyone local to Clermont / Lake County would be interested, but our Garden Club is having him as a speaker again for our November meeting. It will be on Tuesday November 10th.
I am in the Royal Highlands subdivision on Rte 27 a few miles from the Turn Pike, or 15 or so miles north of 50.

Here is a snippet of the email I just received...

November 10, 10AM Great Hall -“Florida’s Finest Plants - You Can Grow Them Too” Tom MacCubbin, the Plant doctor, will be presenting. Tom has hosted the “Better Lawns & Gardens” radio program for more than 18 years and is heard every Saturday morning on more than 20 radio stations throughout Florida. He has authored many gardening books.

Following the presentation a lite lunch will be served and attendees can browse crafters tables featuring garden items and related crafts for sale. All of this for only $5.00. Tickets will be sold at the Rec Center office until November 3rd. We would greatly appreciate early ticket purchases at the Rec Center so we can plan food preparation. Thanks.

I'd be willing to purchase the tickets for anyone that wanted to attend.

Terese

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Wouldn't you know our little garden club has field trip that day to local bamboo nursery in Groveland.

Thank you for announcing it though.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the announcement, I've seen Tom speak, he is very informative.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

As usual I'm mixed up on dates. I'm still hoping to go. If you can get me a ticket I'll gladly pay you when I get there. If I can't make it not much lost.

Thanks for your help.

Bonnie

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

you bet.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Drats! Im not in town that weekend, but I love his book "the edible landscape". I live by it!

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

In case you miss my D-mail. I'm not going to be able to go but will gladly reimburse you for the ticket if you already got it.

I'm very sorry as I as looking forward for us to meet.

I hope you get down to my place one day.

Book M Mary is talking about is good. I have his gardening by the month in Fl. and it is also very good. Reminds me of all you are supposed to do by the month.

Bonnie

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Bonnie -- dont sweat the 5 bucks. I'll consider it a donation to the garden club.

I am hoping to pop on down, I will be in touch.

I'll look into that book.

Terese

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

I got a last min. eye dr. apmt. Didn't know that was coming.

Terese getting old is tough. Don't do it stay young. LOL

Looking forward to your coming down.

Bonnie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.