Morning Glories 2015 #16

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1406750
Linda, your surgery day is getting close

This message was edited Oct 23, 2015 3:53 AM

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Good morning.

Thanks for the new thread and a beautiful morning glory.

Debra, your blooms are so pretty.

I see the surgeon Monday morning. Let's all pray I get a date soon.

Gautier, MS

I like your pretty bloom Jackie.

Sorry I posted my blooms on the old thread.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

They are really beautiful blooms on that post. I wish we didn't have to lose our hummers every year, but am glad they are going where it is warm, cuz we gonna be cold soon. ( I think)

Our hummers are gone for the year. But they will be back mid march of next year.

That's ok Helena. We just went over a little bit. I responded about yours on that thread. :-)
Beautiful blooms,can't believe your roses.
Will be praying you get a surgery date soon Linda.
Seems like our hummers left early this time.

I had a couple of new vines bloom. One is supposed to be 'Pink Blizzard, no blizzard yet,
maybe future blooms.
Heres a pic of the 2nd one which is a Pink TD just a plain bloom,very disappointed
Aaogakiyama x choc silk with lovely windows.
Another Aog
Lite blue Purp

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. All very showy and nice. Your Aog with windows is my favorite, actually I like them all.

I'm looking forward to growing lots more next year.

Jackie, those are beautiful.

Thanks Helena and Linda.

wow, your blooms are gorgeous. My favorite is the Aaogakiyama x choc silk, and the regular Aaogakiyama .
Can't wait to see more from you guys. Mine are still kicking.. still a lot of color here, no frost yet,
Joe managed to get momma Banana in, we left this years Baby in ground ..experiment number 2.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Gorgeous blooms Debra Great color on that 1st bloom .Love your pretty blue and purps.

Glad you got your Banana in I would have brought in baby and left momma out. Baby is more
tender and momma better equipped to handle the bitter cold with good mulching But as
you said its an experiment and it might be that neither one would be able to survive Kansas winters.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra, great colors on them. Is your large banana tree going to produce fruit? I agree with Jackie about bringing the baby in. I have lost banana trees when I left them outside for the winter. I think there has to be a special species that fruits and can take some cold. I do see some short ones in my neighborhood that are short, have fruit and survive the winter. I haven't been that lucky.

Having a bit more rain here, but more happy that a hummer showed up yesterday in the early morning and is still here. I changed the feeders with fresh syrup, just hoping that this hummer uses the salvias Mexicana's so I can have a few seeds from them.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful flowers Debra.

Boy is it cold here this morning, 45 when I got up.

Morning everyone. I am home, I got home about 6 last night. I saw the surgeon, and after range of motion test, which sent me through the roof, he thinks maybe my hip problem is my back, so I was sent for anther MRI of my back, and I have to go back in 2 weeks for those results. He was telling me he likes to try and treat things with injections, and I looked him in the eye, and told him there will be no more injections, I have had enough of them and they do not work. I broke down and was crying, as I was so hoping to get a surgery date, but he tried to tell me it will only be a few more weeks for the MRI results and soon after that for surgery. I told him I have been fighting this pain for 4 years, I need relief now. Needless to say, I left there pretty MAD!

That salvia is so pretty.

Gautier, MS

I'm so sorry to hear about the outcome of your visit Linda. Looks like you have been suffering for a long time. Hope you get your surgery in couple of weeks. Be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

I loved salvia plants long before I got hooked on mgs. Sometimes I think salvias are easier to grow than mgs.

Thanks Helena.

I am so sorry too Linda that you didn;t get a better answer. I have a sister near Dallas who says no more injections either for her back pain, No more surgeries either,
She does have the shock device implanted in her booty and when that was working,she said it was great. Sent constant shocks to her spine and made her brain think she wasn't .hurting
That quit working because after surgery, her body built up scar tissue blocking the electric signals and you have to have surgery to put in a new battery
They may not be doing that surgery any longer, I don;t know, Linda, now she wears a
morphine patch. It helps her more than anything she;s tried. It could be worn on a hip or
your back. Its a large patch. Would your Dr prescribe them for you for the pain?

This message was edited Oct 28, 2015 1:22 AM

I will ask them, I have never heard of the patches before.

ugh Linda, I am so sorry.... I use a Lidocaine patch. it works well without messing me up. I'm praying you get relief of some sort soon. Glad you had some cool air this am, it seems to make things crisper and brighter in Fall.

Love the salvias, Helena. I loved them a long time ago and used to have the pink, the mexicana, hot lips, gaurantia, and a few others. somehow, I fogot how much I loved them and havn't planted any except the pineapple sage and the may night.
Jackie, I put this baby out last fall, and I didn't see it come back because I planted a bunch of stuff in front of it.. ( memory loss) and low and behold, there she was.
Next year we wil leave momma in ground. She won't fruit prolly till next summer anyway.

here is the baby I planted last fall.. it was pretty small...
Firespike is really happy right now... silly late blooming lions tail..blanket flower reblooming after cut back. Gaura is in full bloom and going to seed again..everything is soooo confused here.. LOL
Helena, are you ready for that carrion plant?

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Pretty blooms Debra. If your Firespike makes sds, save me a few please.
Yes your banana was small that survived the winter, pretty amazing. The baby'you left out this time should be fine then.
The Toma no se made 5 sd pods Debra, so you will get your sds of that pretty blue,
Linda, I hope the Dr will let you have a prescription for the patches.

Nice blooms Debra.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Debra. Hopefully I'll get a few seeds from my salvias Mexicana, I can get you started on a few salvias again if you'd like. I have a dark lavender salvia coccinea that has been blooming and reached 5 ft that really surprised me. I'm ready for the carrion plant if you are.

You are right Debra, some plants are confused. My neighbors azalea's plants are blooming.
Roses like the cooler weather.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful flowers Helena, it is strange to see azaleas bloom this time of year.

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Love your Salvias and Roses.
What is that 1st lovely bloom?? Is it a Camellia?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

The first bloom is my neighbors azalea bloom. Guess it's not a great picture. The Camellias bloom a bit later on, I think maybe December to February.

A few of my flowers still in bloom.

Purple mexican petunias.
Burnt orange colored bougainvillea.
And a few roses. I love the 1st one. It is a pink rose, but this bloom has a few red petals on it.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

wowzers. you guys are rocking the colors here. Thank you, I love them all. I have been working on our upcoming Honda Owners Clinic and working on seeds and watching the Royals play in the series. I just love those salvias and roses, Helena and Linda. :D really pretty.
still no rain, my barrells are empty, Joe has been dumping the sink waters on everything outside.
I keep reminding myself I have about five things stillout, but they are covered with leaves. One of them is a caudex morning glory, and three of them varigated ginger and the i carnea cuttins that took. no frost yet. *sigh*

Your neighbors Azalea blooms are lovely Helena,.
Beautiful Roses Linda. That pink with a few red petals is
really pretty,

Thanks everyone. When I showed the picture to hubby, he thought it was fake, so I made him get off the sofa and walk outside to show him.

LOL Linda, that is great! ;D

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Linda! Neat rose bloom too.

Gautier, MS

A couple of days ago I soaked and had mgs seeds in baggie method before I set them in their cups. I love to see the different color stem of each seedlings. All these are from Azuremore gift baggies.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Why are they different colors? They all look good!

Your seedlings off to a great start Helena. I would like to start a few more
since my new shelf arrangement has made some extra room in my greenhouse,
Once DH took the shelving down to make room to
put up the new inside plastic
I couldn't remember how I had them b4.

My unknown mg still blooming in the greenhouse

Thumbnail by patootie

tHAT IS beautiful!

Thanks Debra. I have gathered a few sds off of this pretty vine so you and Helena will
get a few of these to try next yr. I pollinated this bloom
I had today hoping for a few more sds.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Linda, I think the different color stem indicates the color of the blooms, but its not always true.
Green stem with dark specks is Fujishibory. Dark purple stem could be black king or a purple color. Light pink color will probably be a pink shade. But can't be too sure until it actually blooms.

Gorgeous bloom Jackie. Love it. Thanks for setting a few seeds aside for me Jackie.

Jackie, that is so pretty.

Thanks Helena and Linda. Well that was yesterdays bloom. I didn;t get down to the g house until 630 tonight when I found 4 or 5 blooms open on it. 1 or 2 deformed but I hand pollinated anyway.
Exciting because I might get a few more sds from it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.