Christmas Swap 2015 interest thread

Ocean Springs, MS

Patti, you're right! I love Rudolph. Have a collection that I add to every year! Oh, R is for Rudolph! Hint! Hint!

Debra, hope you get heart soon. I'm still running the AC here in south MS!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

What happened to your heater Debra?

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

Who doesn't love Rudolph? LOL

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Glad that you joined Patti

Thanks, Kat. It's good to be here!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I HAVE to have heat! Now I can and have done without air, but heat ain't no way. We have lucked out and propane is reasonable this year...

Debra you don't have enough fat on you to warm a mouse, how are you staying warm, I know Kansas isn't that much warmer than me!

I love everything Christmas and I do collect Santa's in airplanes. Fun fun. Sometimes they are easy to find and other years it is horrible.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

well, the heat from the lights downstairs rises to the floor and helps US stay warm without the furnace IN fALL every year, plus we wear socks, sweats and clothes LOL We grew up without a lot of things, so we are okay with waiting until it is too cold in house while under our goose-down comforter, until i tell him to TURN IT ON. :) LOL
santa's in airplanes.. oh, i'm gonna google that

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm such a wimp! I have to have heat! I guess it's from thin blood from living in the deep South! No need for great right now... Still running the AC! To humid to open doors and windows! Ugh!

I've had a love affair with Rudolph ad long as I can remember. I had two Rudolph snow globes that were ruined in Katrina. Sure would love to have a new one! Daddy started my Rudolph collection, but Katrina took most of it. I'm slowly rebuilding it. Finally found the Bumble like the one daddy gave me on eBay last year. I just hugged it really hard when I got it! LOL

I ordered some waxed amaryllis for Christmas. Has anyone heard of them or grown them?

Need to make my want list. 😊

Do you have a picture of them Julie?

Ocean Springs, MS

The snowglobes or the waxed amaryllis?

waxed amaryllis I looked them up. Too funny looking. They stated they wouldn't grow as big because of the confined roots. Have several amaryllis. We have a garden center that carries the biggest bulbs and I can never resist them. Not waxed tho. If they bloom this year I am going to have the funniest looking bowl of them, I took about 8 bulbs and put them all in one pot..should be interesting, may have to move some colors around due to clashing colors.

Oh so sad about Katrina destroying so many things. Memories are always there to stay, which is amazing.

When do you all start decorating for Christmas?

Ocean Springs, MS

Funny thing about memories and Katrina... Sometimes I don't realize that I lost something until someone mentions it. All my children had handmade blankies (blankets). Colt gave his to me before he went into the army and I stuck it in the top shelf of my closet. This summer he asked me about it and that was when I remembered that Katrina got it. Ten years later and the memory surfaced. I had to leave the room because I started to cry. I didn't have the heart to tell Colt, so I told him I thought it was packed in the attic.

Well, the waxed amaryllis are refundable, so if they don't do well, I'll return them. I want to buy some from my local nursery, but may have to wait a couple weeks. Last year, I had about 8 in my bay window! They were beautiful! I'll grow some paper whites with them. I need to go look at the Halloween clearance and get some spider web. It fluffs up really pretty between the pots.

I had to google the waxed amaryllis also. $30.00 for one bulb seems pricey, for a plant you have to throw away once they are done blooming.

Ocean Springs, MS

I found a YouTube video that shows how to remove the wax so I can plant them in my garden. Also, I wanted one so I could figure out how to wax them myself! So, next year, I'll make my own! 😊

oh wonderful, now I am going to go look that up LOL

Ocean Springs, MS

I am notorious for buying something so that I can learn how to make things like them. The waxed bulbs are so pretty, but expensive. As soon as I figure out how to wax them, I'll share the secret! 😊

Ocean Springs, MS

Only 5 more days to sign up. Please like wants/wishes, likes/ dislikes, allergies, etc., if you haven't done so already.

Game 2: What is my favorite Christmas movie?

Have fun!

It's a wonderful life...

The movie with the little boy who wanted the rifle for Christmas... can't think of the name. I think the kids name was Ralphie.

Rudolph

Ocean Springs, MS

Rudolph is my favorite TV show! Like the other movies, but still not my favorite.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

charley brown Christmas

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

The old movie with a real Santa,and the disbelieving little girl whose Mother organized Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

its a wonder life

Ocean Springs, MS

It's not an old movie according to our standards. But it is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year!

Please keep me in your prayers. Been a very emotional day for me..
just a lot of different things piling up. Thanks

Love to all, Julie

Sending prayers Julie.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Prayers always Julie

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you, Linda Kay and Kathy! I'm up this morning determined to have a good day. I've already had my talk with Jesus and He reminded me to let go of the things out of my control. So, back to sewing today then working on my fall yard arrangement later. ♥

Well, I have the snowflake blocks done, Julie, yours in in here.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Last ones.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Gosh, Linda, those are beautiful!
(((Julie))) One day at a time.

Ocean Springs, MS

Linda, those are beautiful! So excited to get mine! Just about ready to figure out placement and buy matching material to put it together.😊

Have a Dr. Appt today. Say a little prayer for me, please.

I want to draw names so bad. Feel like a little kid! LOL
Might do it tomorrow night if no one else joins!

Sending prayers for your Dr. appointment.

I have most of my stUff for this swap. Just a few more personal items and I will be good to go.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Prayers Julie

Going out shopping with friends on Saturday, hope to find a bunch of cool stuff.

Love Christmas.

Enjoy your shopping day. I hope you find lots of goodies.

Gm just sitting here with my coffee .going to be a rainy day .
Linda kay I Need to share with you something you can try for your back .
You know how i have been haven so much trouble with my back & my foot & in the last 2 week s my shoulder keeps popping . anyway just body ache hurt to get out of bed . Doc says I have allot of arthritis in my body.

Well A friend Told me about adding a pk of CETO to Grape Juice & Drink a glass each day . On day 3 & I Woke early this morning with VERY Little Pains in my leg & Back , Not sure if it is the Juice or not but I really feel great this morning. & I'm drinking a glass of the Juice now :)

so just wanted to share this with you .
http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2014/10/30/how-to-mix-certo-and-grape-juice-for-arthritis/

This message was edited Nov 6, 2015 6:38 AM

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

My daughter and I are supposed to go shopping after I get off work tomorrow, so plan on starting mine.

Susie, I also may give that a try. My hip is really giving me lots of problems and they say that I have arthritis in my hip.

Thanks for the tip Susie. I wonder if it works in other juices, as I don't care for grape juice?

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, you are all way ahead of me! With the construction, the visit to MSU with my son this weekend and more medical tests next week, I hardly have time to breath.

NAMES ARE BEING DRAWN TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!

Thank you for your prayers. I learned that I have a cyst on my ovary about the size of a baseball. Having a pelvic ultrasound next Friday. See the doctor again on Nov. 18. He is saying surgery to remove my ovaries. Why not? They don't work anymore anyway! He also put me on HRT. Said it would make me feel like a woman again! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.