Plant sales in Oviedo

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi all!
Went to some yard sales over the weekend including one giant church yard sale here in Oviedo that had an entire plant section. got a little sago palm, some sansevieria cylindrica, a largish piece of an epiphyllum, a small hibiscus which I think is going to become red as it has a bud about to bloom, a cute variegated plant to be ID'ed later today, some kangaroo paw fern, and a few other things I have forgotten what I bought. Nice additions all.
Got to go out and pot things up now.
Martha

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Was that the Oviedo Methodist church? I went right by there on the way to Chuluota to pick up a friend to go garage sale shopping. I told her about that one but we never made it over there, lots of garage sales this past weekend.

Sounds like you found some nice finds. Did you go to the Market at the Lawton Elementary school across from the baptist church? Looks like they had plants there too. I know that one is only the first Sat. of the month.

I did find a huge heavy shallow clay pot that I know came from Lukas gardens, had the sharpie pen price of $37 on it, but the lady gave it to me for ten, didn't even look like she ever planted anything in it. She had lots of nice pots, and garden items, they were moving, and she was desperate to rid of the items.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

The one at the Lawton house is the monthly Farmer's Market. There are a few plants there, but there were lots more at the Methodist church sale.
Martha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.