Indoor gardens - Fall 2015

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

So sad! Seems there are only 6 or 7 people left that are posting here.
Many just gave up with all the changes. ATP is loaded with these escapees...

I am hanging in--as long as the familiar people here are still posting.
I love all the "familiar people" we have here on the MAF--they are like family...

Any word from cam? Anyone??? Is he coming to the Feb. Swap?
I need to get my food tote, that I left at his house, back. I miss having it.
If cam is out--Jill could you swing by Cam's house and pick it up for me?
I will then get it from you at the swap. Thanks, Gita

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, I think people are probably just busy with the Holidays and not posting much right now.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Gita, I'll try to get some photos to post.

Washington, DC

Snaps from Botanical Gardens.

Thumbnail by 5601Lisa Thumbnail by 5601Lisa Thumbnail by 5601Lisa Thumbnail by 5601Lisa
Washington, DC

More snaps.

Thumbnail by 5601Lisa Thumbnail by 5601Lisa Thumbnail by 5601Lisa Thumbnail by 5601Lisa Thumbnail by 5601Lisa
Washington, DC

Last snaps. Sorry, I have no clue how to label or upright them.

Thumbnail by 5601Lisa Thumbnail by 5601Lisa Thumbnail by 5601Lisa Thumbnail by 5601Lisa
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

hahaha I love the recycling bin labels!!
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing!
I have found that if I crop my photo, even just a little, it makes them post in the proper orientation. Now I try to crop every photo in my camera as soon as I can, so later it will be ready.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Another orchid blooming ZGA Sweet Jade/ Sweet Cheyenne

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hercules

Thumbnail by Jan23

Nice flowers. I don't have any to show.
Hey. I just found aphids covering my rooted cutting s of tropical Milkweed. I sprayed with 50 50 alcohol and water....ok? I thought we have talked about this but googling gives lots of warnings.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to my DG family! I hope you are well, and have the peace and joy of the season in your hearts today and always!

Karen

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose

And all of the same wishes back to you Karen!
That pretty flower makes me think of some kind of cherry dessert or cream candy

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Posted same post twice...:o(

This message was edited Dec 25, 2015 2:06 PM

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Karen and all others--
Wishing you all a Wonderful New Year. Christmas is almost gone now.
My life can return to a more relaxed mode--all company gone...Gifts doled our--
Loads of fattening, yummy foods eaten..etc.

Karen--is that beautiful flower a Gloxinia? looks like it...
G.

My kids gave me a beautiful locally made pot. I love it. The picture looks more blue. The saucer has a blue greem center but the pot is mottled with shades of aqua and greenish gold. I put a small dark red coleus in it.

Thumbnail by sallyg

The milkweed and the aphids both seemed unfazed by the alcohol water spray. So I wiped all the aphids I could and then used insect icidal soap. Also soaped the brug cuttings.ugh spider mites.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Sally,
I see pots in my future, Daughter Jen is taking pottery classes and she just loves it. Talking about getting her own wheel.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

That is a nice pot Sally. One of the presents in the gift game up at my parents' house Christmas Eve was a beautiful handmade pottery fat tubular vase that looked like a white birch tree. I had the low number 2, so was the second to pick a gift from the pile. I think the vase was opened by someone around number 6 or 7. As the game went on, no one stole what I had originally opened, but if they had, I would have definitely stolen that vase.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Love that pot.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

One of the blooms from a Trop Hib in the GH. We have 4 Trop Hibs in the GH and all of them are blooming right now.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Purty!!

Thanks Terri and Jan. Terri, what did you end up with? Our gift exchange usually has a couple bottles of wine fought over. A Mission BBQ gift card was a good item this year.
Holly, your greenhouse must be a real spirit lifter on dreary days!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I ended up with a gift set of locally made bbq sauces and rub, along with wine jelly made from my sister Tina's Magnolia Vineyard wine. The craftsman who makes it is a friend of hers somewhere around Warrenton near her place. The gift set is nice, but I sure would have liked that pottery vase :-)

Washington, DC

Just potted up seeds from Berlin's Botanical Gardens. According to seed packet instructions, I will soon have a lustrous Bird of Paradise plant as well as a collectors' variety bay leaf shrub. Yeah, right.
How do I post snaps on ATP? Couldn't figure it out so I went back to DG. Sorry snap is sideways.

Thumbnail by 5601Lisa
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Lisa, so many neat things from your trip! I never go anywhere, I just live vicariously through photos of others' trips LOL. Posted how you can do a photo over on ATP for you. Hope it helps.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Gita, that plant is a streptocarpus. It is an older variety called 'Watermelon Wine'.

Karen

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thought I would post a pic of my Mom's pot of Amaryllis, these are more of last years bulbs that I saved and grew in the garden over the summer. There is another second tier of blooms coming on as well. About the time these blooms are finished there are at least 5 more that will open.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is the other color Am that is in the same bowl it was the 1st to bloom. This pic was taken before the other blooms opened. Also a pic of her huge CC

This message was edited Jan 22, 2016 9:40 AM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

How nice!!!!
This yellow oncidium is still in bloom. Orchid flowers last so long.

Thumbnail by sallyg
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Love the Oncidiums--they look like a little Dutch girl in a full blouse and skirt.

Hunkering down for the storm.....I am ready....nowhere to go--enough food to
feed an army! G.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

NICE blooms!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.