Crassula has mold

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

My Crassula ovate has powdery mold spots on many of the leaves. They turn yellow or gray and fall off. The stem looks sturdy and don't see any signs of trouble at the crown. They are in a pot with some aloes that seem perfectly healthy. It is getting morning sun from an east-facing window, and I'm not over-watering. (If anything, I under-water.)

Any ideas?

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

I had a problem with that too. I put some systemic antifungal on the potting soil. Over time, all the old icky leaves have dropped off, all the new ones look fine. I thought about spraying, but thought it might not penetrate into the thick tissues, plus I hate spraying stuff. I never use pesticides like this out in the garden, for fear of interupting mother natures plan and killing"the good stuff", but in the house any bug or fungus seems fair game!

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Great suggestion, thanks!

Baja California, Mexico(Zone 11)

One thing that really helps prevent this sort of thing (and I would imagine helps resolve it) is good airflow around the plant. Maybe there's a way you can adjust windows or fans to make this happen.

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

It has been receiving fresh air and breeze from the window it sits next to. However, when it's very hot, or when winter sets in, the window is closed and sometimes we close the drapes around the plants so they don't miss out on sunlight. Valid point! Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.