Morning Glories 2015 #13

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Our previous thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1404031

This message was edited Sep 4, 2015 1:25 AM

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Jackie! I like the wide white edges around it! Do you know the name of it?

I didn't bother taking pics this morning, only had the same purpureas blooming. Keeping an eye for seeds on those.

Thanks Helena, this is growing where I thought I had a Blue Lavender Beauty growing.
Now I;m not so sure.doesn;t look quite the same. I haven't been out to check blooms yet this morning but will check for new blooms in a few and see what it made today,

I had a bloom like this 1st one a few days ago but 4got where it came from by the time I uploaded.. A lite lavender bloom, the color of Mauve Splash.so the 1st bloom is off of
Aogakiyama x Choc silk x Mauve splash. Anytime I say Aogakiyama, it's really Aogakiyama x choc silk I've never had the pure Aogakiyama.I don;t know why I thought this was a species
for a while and didn;t capitalize, smh Just a confused old lady. most of the time.
Giant Choc Silk from Azuremores sd. thanx to Helena.I love it.
Lav Mist out of Becky';s sds.thanks Becky.
Plum surprise, not a seed pod in sight and I;ve hand pollinatrd 80 percent of its blooms.
The lovely Purple no Mai

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.

Beautiful flowers, it is a shame, some never give seeds.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I'm glad you like that chocolate silk. Your blooms are to die for! Seems you timed your blooming time just right. I have not had seeds from some of my vines either, Yukon just made one seed, just for me to keep it going. I think I need to change the soil I'm using for next years blooms.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, it wouldn't be a bad idea to change your potting soil.
Although it does the same thing if you simply feed your vines,

The sad thing is I'm pretty sure that's my last Plum Surprise seed/vine thats growing,
I've tried all kinds of pollen, I might try to cut it way back, spray the buggy
leaves and keep trying by carrying it over in the ghouse

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I'm about to get about 3 hours sleep, all the blooms you have going right now are really special, and we will do anything to try to keep them reproducing, right? I am glad you are bringing that one into the greenhouse. I brought in most of the smaller pots of tropical need water type plants and Joe wheeled in the big cestrum tree and the big oleander, Rose brought in medium sized ones. My vines are all still out there except the stictocardia. I forgot to tell you carnea is just now budding. I wish I had sme of the blizzards show up, Jackie they are from you. I have planted at least one if not two seeds of any packs I had by end of August. Same with Helena's and Dany's and my special arch and tub and tower mix from last year. I have been pulling pods off the purps on the fence, and pulling up what ever I didn't plant. I can't keep up.

I sure do like that first bloom, Jackie. It reminds me of a wave in a clear pool. I love the choc silk, and have planted it. I am anxious to see all the new blooms you and Helena and everyone will be sharing here. It makes me smile to see a speckle and a stripe, and the wash look is probably my favorite. Wait, maybe the color blocks are my favorite, well shoot, hard to say, isn't it? Good night, tty from Buffalo.

Gautier, MS

Debra, we will miss seeing your blooms. One of reasons I don't like traveling anymore.
I think this year my mgs are going into the greenhouse too.

This mornings only 2 repeat blooms I got. A very small Fujishibori after spraying it for bugs. And the pink purpurea.

I'm glad your taking your Plum Surprise into the gh this year Jackie. We love seeing all your blooms, they are special!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful.

Debra, have a safe trip.

My post has disappeared..Thought I had sent this earlier
Debra, I hope you get lots of nice blooms from the new vines you have going.
Let us know when you get to Buffalo so we;ll know you and Joe arrived safely,
Helena, All of mine are pretty much repeats although i had a new Aog
Love your pretty speckled Helena and the split petaled purpurea. Are all the blooms split??.

BMN? and Purple TD
Plum Gray Smoke
Azuremores blue with pink stripes
Lav Mist
Check out this throat on 1 of my Aogakiyamas

This message was edited Sep 6, 2015 1:53 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

My Aigakiyama looking more like last yrs cross

Helena's Incredible Blue Blizzard

Choc Silk

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are so pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Gorgeous blooms Jackie. I can just say wow, really enjoy seeing what you are getting.

A new purpurea vine with more of dark pink. The other vine with split pink has both kinds of blooms, some are solid. I need to feed mine, this Blushing Bride looks pitiful after being sprayed. My seedlings have a long way before they bud up.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful! What are the purple berries in the background?

Thanks Linda and Helena..
Helena, pretty purp and your Blushing Bride looks beautiful to me.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, i love that color. Very pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Those berry are from beautybush. It's loaded with those berries.
I think a have a few seedlings coming up in my pots too. I think there is another plant with that name "beautybush" that has bell shaped flowers that I like much better and would rather have.

Enjoying seeing your pretty blooms Jackie. I agree with Linda on the nice color of your blooms.

Thanks ladies.

Gautier, MS

I was out early this morning. Have 2 new blooms. The light pink I bought seeds at Kmart from Martha Stewart envy.
Happy to see my peach orange little blooms. Don't know why pics don't come out better after downloading. They look much better on my camera phone.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful. What are the orange blooms?

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

Helenahkh those orange morning glories are beautiful.Well at last I got great blooms of my vine, it was breathtaking for me to wake up to them this morning.

Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf

cytf, those are very pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and cytf.

My orange peach bloom must be a cross between the little red mg and my ipomoea hederecea lutea "pumpkin". Here's a pic of "pumpkin" I grew in 2010.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, wonder if your orange blooms are the same as orange Noah. I haven't see a Noah
in so long, I can't remember. Very pretty as is your pumpkin.
Your prettylite pink bloom is lite pink Rambler.

My vine marked originally as Cocoa Choc is making some unusual blooms

For comparison, here is the backyard Purple Tie Dye #1

Here is my newest blooms from Cocoa choc now labeled as Purple Tie Dye.# 2 and 3

This is marked PP cross but looks very much like Lite blue Tie Dye

LyK with star is how its marked, I don't know what to think

They may be unusual, but they are beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I agree with Linda they are very beautiful. You know what you have now, that's what counts. I had to write the description on a lot of mine too. Kind of have to go out with your brush and pencil. You had a nice unexpected surprise with those blooms and they are awesome!

Jackie, thanks for the ID on the pink one. My orange peach is not the same as the Orange Noah. I grew those too long ago and they were even smaller.

Thanks Linda and Helena. Its all I can do to take pics and pollinate most of the blooms.
Then I try to mark the unusual ones. Hoping for sds. All of this is very time consuming.So I just stay behind
all the time now.
Helena, I remember now that orange Noah was very tiny, i really like your pumpkin, meant to
plant one this summer and didn;t get it done.

This message was edited Sep 7, 2015 6:43 PM

A few this morning
Was trying to edit out the red trey on 1st 2 blooms
1st 2 the new bloom on front porch Purple Tie Dye
Lite blue TD
LYK with star not
Choc Silk

Jackie, those are very pretty.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I know what you mean about time consuming, I had a hard time remembering to take my brush and pencil with me every morning.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena,, its just awful since I don't have enough time as it is. 1st out to take pics, Then out again to pollinate and usually I take my masking tape and marker. I didn't get to mark any today
I'll try again tomorrow.

Look at this very lite colored Pres Bush
Lite Blue Tie Dye
Unknown pink
Incredible Blue Blizzard? This one looks to be on the same vine as the 1 below
Incredible Blue Blizzard

Helena, I think this one is Tama no se or something like that, very pretty. Out of'your sds
This off of the sd in a bloom that was by the cross pod. It has a small blue streak,
Plum surprise
Big Lav Mist bloom
1 more Aogakiyama

Jackie, those are awesome, love the light george straight.

Thanks Linda

Gautier, MS

Jackie, Your blooms are really awesome! I would say you are having great blooms this year, even with the unexpected surprises here and there!

About Toma no Se, I should have written Onalee that I didn't get not even one bloom like the pic on the envy! All light blue!

Here's the only repeat blooms I'm getting!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are so pretty. I like the 3rd picture.

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

I am almost embarrassed to post. This is a volunteer.

Thumbnail by Tuckersmom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.