help with plant IDs

Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

The first two pics labeled Hawarthia spp. The last l think is an Agave

Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus
Baja California, Mexico(Zone 11)

Third plant looks like Agave ocahui maybe, which is one of the parents of your Blue Glow.

Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

Could be, Baja. The tips of the leaves on mine are a lot longer.

Baja California, Mexico(Zone 11)

Yeah, those terminal spines are definitely not a match, so cancel that.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I think it is Agave pelona. The plant in the picture is a little more open than mine, but I am sure the climate has something to do with that.

I have the same plant in the first two pictures that also came to me as Haworthia species. Not sure I completely buy that, but I have never bothered really looking into it.

Maybe it is time....

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

A quick search did not turn up any obvious Haworthia candidates, but a Gasteraloe or Gasterhaworthia seems very possible. The minuscule teeth might point to an Aloe, but...

I attach a picture of mine for comparison. It is a little sun starved as the little planter box it is in is deep under my patio.

Thumbnail by mcvansoest
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

And here is an earlier picture when it was less sun starved:

Thumbnail by mcvansoest
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I think it is some kind of Gasteraloe.

Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

I was thinking a Gasteraloe. It definitely has the markings of a Gasteria and the thick leaves of an Aloe. It looks a lot like yours mcvansoest.

Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

Just realized I had the picture of the Agave, also. I think it is A. pelona. Thanks everyone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.