cactus without a name

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Hello

I have a cactus that seems to be difficult to identify.
I posted photos in Davesgarden Identification forum and they all answered my quieres but without success, they are all wonderful when it comes to helping me identify plants.

But this cactus is proving a bit of a mystery.

Can some here in the forum help me identify what cactus it could be.

At first I believed it was a mammillaria , that was when it was smaller, then it was suggested that it could be a Thelocactus .....I looked up Thelocactus and none of the images I found looked like my cactus.

Help please.

Thanks
Cristina

This message was edited Aug 29, 2015 2:43 PM

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

oops sory forgot to upload photos

Thumbnail by cristina Thumbnail by cristina
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

It could a Coryphanta of some sort that is not getting enough sunlight.

Reno, NV(Zone 6b)

Cristina chose to edit out the link to her query on the Plant ID Forum. Here it is:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1404381/

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the response, you could be right mcvansoest, as for lack of sun, I do live in southern Chile and we are currently in winter. But the cactus sits on a shelf , top shelf on a decking with clear PVC roof and seems to get full sun during the day.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Cristina

Decatur, GA

Cristina, I think I would stop watering and especially stop fertilizing your plant to discourage it trying to grow during the short day season.

Baja California, Mexico(Zone 11)

Reducing water is probably a good idea. Just as a side note, it's not full sun if there's something between your plant and the sun. Even clear plastic will filter sunlight, depending on the material, and especially UV. Roofing collects dirt on top which can reduce transmission even more.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.