What's happening in your neck of the woods - Aug. 2015 - ?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy Thanksgiving as well to all

Had thanksgiving fixings yesterday, only part about going to someone's home is not having leftovers..I did buy a small frozen stuffed turkey so will cook it tomorrow..can feast again then make TV dinners and a nice soup.

Think we all know what is coming, just came in, wondered why I was hungry, it's after 3:00 soooo no wonder, only thing I've had today is 2 slices of raisin bread and coffee...all winterizing, accomplished much this weekend ' got garden art that needs put away, away in back shed

Cushions to all the sets now stored..top of gazebo off thanks to Caleb and Jeff so I'm a happy camper.

Today or tomorrow I'm suppose to get a all from a man who does yard work for a quote on removing leaves..that's what you get, leaves,leaves leaves..entire property is surrounded by leaves then what do I do over the years is plant about 25 more..now I pay someone because it's too overwhelming..😝

Must go back in last oct/nov posts and see when we got our first snow..was going to add dec. but I'm sure it was before then

Enjoy rest of your day everyone

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I am truly not looking forward to cold weather this year - hope they keep it warm enough upstairs so we can keep warm downstairs.....

Waiting on the turkey - it's in the oven, and I made a pumpkin cheesecake pie last night - looks delish
We'll go to WalMart and get some TV tables - it will be easier to actually eat dinner, Bob & I, on tables.....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Do you have totes Susan, you could stack a few, they would make a good table, although it's always handy to have TV trays..envy you your turkey and desert sounds yummy!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

totes - yes, but difficult to put your feet & knees under them.......... so it would mean reaching for the meal.

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

0C here this morning with a NORTH wind !
NO 'S' ..

Hurray for the Jays, and, hopes they can keep it up!

Smokey, our gentle wonderful cat, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge .. broke our hearts, but, he is in a better place .. sure going to miss him ..

TGIF

Take care

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hugs "M", know it hurts like the dickens
Calling for snow here later tonight, much much too early
Best I go see what else I can put away for the winter, thought I had a few more weeks but no.
Still hurting big time from weekend fall so start my morning with painkiller, not good.

Betty .. take a page from Lorna's book .. "Slow and steady, wins the race" :-)
She says that she looks back on how she was befoe her amputation, and, she can't believe how she rushed and scurried about .. feels she gets just as much now going at a leisurely pace ..

Lordie .. the 'pine needles' are falling from the trees like rain when the wind blows, and, of course, they are being tracked into the house by dogs and humans .. my vacuum cleaner is my best friend !!!

Hope you feel better .

Enjoy your weekend everyone

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

I can't slow down any more than I am

I'm slower than a turtle. Lol

I do sit and sew which fills in most of my day

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Today Bob & I are going for a walk - I want to stretch my legs and exercise my knees, gently. Feeling better now that it's been since July since the last move.
As we'll be moving (latest) end of January, I need to get them healthier before then.
I won't overdo, but I will try every day to get out walking.

Hokey doodle .. no one has posted since Oct. 16 !

Lots has happened with DH Gordon .. we have flown to Toronto once, and, will be flying back in January for him to have eye surgery .. stressful !
He had a left hand carpal tunnel release last Thursday .. doing very well.

Got flu shots today .. have a low grade headache :-(
Feel a bit 'off'

Lorna is done work til April .. she's happy .. :-)
Her parents just finished visiting us ..

Hope everyone is doing well

STAY WARM

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

lol I love that "hokey doodle" it makes me smile

Sharng a picture of my new Great Great Niece, Nora Winn - isn't she precious?
Born Nov 23 at 1:31am, 6 lbs, 7 oz

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Victoria Harbour, ON

She looks so comfy laying in that bright quilt..
Beautiful baby..

As they's say 'over home' .. "she's a sweet wee sprog" :-)

My Mum used to always say 'Hokey doodle' .. in place of WOW, or Oh my .. works for me LoL

Actually seems milder out this morning .. RAIN is expected

Slowly getting shopping done for Christmas, ONE month away .. can imagine Ann is busy with the bells.

How are you AbAnn ?

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hard to believe "M" a month today!

Calling for rain today and tomorrow, Friday high of 52f, imagine

Probably in the mid 30s F ... PLUS 2C

Kooky !!

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

It's -8c here - last night it was -15c.... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

+5C this afternoon ..SAY WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Friday to Monday, it's supposed to be a high of +4c - That would be good.
Our security system fellow was here today, taking out our system here. When we are back in our home, we'll get it set up there.
btw - Marcel sent an email yesterday, saying "we're very very busy, and not at your beck and call"....... hopefully they're busy finding a new place LOL RTDRS said that his emails to us are more evidence for us to bring to the hearing. The email was in reference to them wanting a copy of the Hearing documents. Marcel had told our neighbour (and we have a sworn statement to that effect) that he has the documents, but he wanted a second set, saying he didn't have the first ones. We had 2 witnesses this time, that he's received them, and the officer at the hearing will look at the fact that he's demanding more copies (especially with us having proved successfully that we delivered them twice, they say it shows that we are going aboveboard to give them the information - this is a good thing, they say).

Victoria Harbour, ON

Bhopedully this will all be behind you Susan by next week..court date is today??

It's going to be 52 this afternoon, not much snow left and with rain they are calling for today and tomorrow it will be gone

Just might get through most of December without winter in our doorstep.

My boys aren't happy though, snowmobiles sitting just waiting for snow!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

The hearing is tomorrow.

Here's a huge LOL for you - our tenants delivered more "evidence" on us last night - it says that the constable who came with us on Sept 25 is a racist bigot, related to us, a traffic cop, and that we had the police pull guns on our last "tenant" (we were co-tenants, not the landlords.....), and that the police "several times have stopped me and follow me around, hanging around here" (the entrance to the Park is a common place for the police to have a speeding trap - they call it their "fishing hole"). Marcel is paranoid delusional, and THIS is the "evidence he's bringing into the court? He said the officer told him that he was attending a B&E when he came with us on Sept 25th.....
He sent a letter to the City, and they came back saying that this is an issue between the owners (us) and the tenants (them). Basically, the City is telling him that it's not their issue.
Again, THIS is the "evidence" he's bringing against US?

Just popping by to say 'HELLO' ..

Hope everyone is well on their way to getting ready for Xmas .. I am in slow gear .. just seems to be an overwhelming time of year..

Happy Days :-)

~M~

Hiya

WOW, what a mess here huh?
Took me a bit of clicking to get here, but, here I be ..

Still no snow, but, always the threat of it ..

Christmas shopping is ALMOST done
Going to be a quiet Christmas ..

Gordon and I fly to Toronto Jan 11 for 5 days .. he is having eye surgery ... nerve wracking .. will be leaving Lorna home alone with the dogs, BUT, her Dad is unwell .. so .. will be looking at Kennels in case we have to board in a hurry .. never a dull moment .. akkkkk ..

Anyway .. MERRY and BLESSED Christmas to you all
HAPPY 2016 too :-)'

HUGS

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hoping that everyone's Christmas prep is going well, and that you're looking forward to spending time with family (or whomever else you want to spend time with!)

A Blessed Christmas to all :-)

Hiya ..

Wanted to once again wish everyone a very happy holiday season.
Ann is on the West coast with her family .. hoping she has wonderful weather.

Lots of changes here .. and, quite a few DGers have gone over to All Things Plants (ATP) .. I am there as well, in the 'Sandbox Forum' .. but, I still keep up on this site despite the fact that there are a few anomalies that haven't been taken care of as of yet.
I advise against clicking on a pic as after you click to 'come back', well, you are somewhere else LoL

Anyway .. HUGS to all

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I'm still on this site too, but only until July when my subscription expires. Then I'll be only at the other place and on FB.

Marilynne - it's rainy here in Vancouver. We saw a bit of sun on Christmas Day, but otherwise, rain. And most of the time, rain that needed an umbrella. We head back home tomorrow and it's supposed to be quite cold in Ottawa.

Enjoying some peace and quiet. DD, DSIL, DH and DGD#2 have gone to the Peanuts movie which I opted to skip. DGD#1 is at a friend's house playing. They were all here until a few minutes ago. :-)

HAPPY NEW YEAR to EVERYONE on this thread, in body or, in lurking :-)

Glad to usher 2015 out the door, and, welcome a fresh new year .. may 2016 be EVERYONES year for ALL things good, happy and healthy ..

HUGS

~M~

Dropping in to say 'hello' :-)

Changes are kinda mind boggling, but, goin with the flo ..

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I'll say "Hello" too, but mostly I'm on FB or ATP.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

and I'm mostly on Cubits (Round Robin 2016!!) and ATP
But I will drop in to say Hi and see how everyone is!!

Still here and hanging on ..
DH continues to be a concern . post op eye recovery is not going well ..

Just passing through, and, saying HELLO

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Wow - hardly ever see postings here.......

I pray for Gord's eye - what a stressor for the both of you.

I'm working on quilting - doing a lap quilt for a friend. Finished one block that's embroidered snowman (she loves snowmen lol) and the rest will be maple leaves with hearts in the center. Here's the snowman & maple leaves.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Verona, ON

I somehow lost this thread too. The poor trees and plants just don't know what to do. The sap runs for a couple of days then stops. It is a tad early for sap to run around here - it is usually mid March.

Nice Susan - I will look forward to seeing the whole quilt.

Dianne

Guess I thought no one was posting, or, I wanted to see if there was a 'problem' posting here.
As I don't really venture into many Forums, I just take it for granted 'things' within them are A OK.
Apparently not .. one or 2 threads went topsy turvy after the changes, and, in fighting erupted leaving the threads, well, 'thread bare' ..

Glad that isn't the case in the 2 threads I frequent :-)

LOVE the quilt blocs Susan :-)

TTFN

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thanks ladies - when I went to do the Maple Leaf, my brain cells decided to go "south" and I couldn't figure out a simple pattern........
it's been since April when I last cut or assembled any type of quilt and my stress level wouldn't allow me to think things through.
I think I can do it - baby steps :-)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Waving 'hi'
Susan do hope you got the leaves done

You Ontario gals, enjoying spring today??
Lordy can't believe we switch the clocks already this weekend

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thanks, Betty - working on it, but not this week, not since my ribs decided to do the nasty dance in my chest.

Isn't this rather an old thread, seeing as how it was started in Aug 2015? But then again, we don't post here much :-)

btw Tonight I ate - chicken/ pineapple rice. Bob was out shopping, and it got to where I was so hungry I couldn't wait, so I got the leftovers I couldn't eat on Saturday, and it went down niiiiii-ice.
This afternoon I was crying out for my bed, and finally Bob put some cardboard beneath the sheets and I slept on my back (I HATE sleeping on my back - would have preferred my side, but didn't want to mess my ribs up again). I slept......... fitfully...... but did manage to nap a bit.
Tonight I'm feeling much better - still feel a bit worn out but that's to be expected.

This message was edited Mar 8, 2016 10:26 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sending prayers Susan, know since your last post you've had heart attacks and in the hospitall..you had more stress this past year than anyone should have to endure..behave, do what nurses and doctors suggest and try not to fret re Susan's visit, am sure she is mega worried about you!

Susan, I concur with Betty ..

On our way to Toronto March 28th .. Gord has his other eye operated on on the 29th, home April 1 ..

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Dr says I will be here until mid next week at least. I have to contact my knee surgeon to talk to them about my app't next Thurs. Not sure I can keep the app't?!?!?!
Susan should be on Calgary soil by now. I guess our trip will be shortened.
Our minister, Nancy, visited today and she spoke to the nurse about my talking to a social worker re: where I would be returning to. That set of stairs and my allergies would not be conducive to my health and healing, I'm sure.

Hope all turns out for the best Susan ..
Guess Bob is being 'the host with the most'

Take care

~M~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.