Morning Glories 2015 #11

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

WE were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1401552

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful morning glory for the new thread.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I sure did enjoy the blooms from yesterdays post, Helena. Jackie isn't it weird when only one bloom and then Kaput? That happens to me all the time.
I did try a blue pea once it didn't like my gardening techniques.
here is what I got to see yesterday on my day off..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Jackie. One of my blooms looks very similar except that it wasn't pink but a light purple.

Glad you got to enjoy your pretty blooms on your day off Debra!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks girls.
Beautiful blooms Debra. Love the Rosita especially.

Gorgeous pink color on your bloom Helena.
I don't have a clue what my pink bloom is.
Might be PPV but not sure.

Thanks ladies, Jackie the rosarita is really small, and this the red fuji is really ginormous. I tok a pic of the rosarita that was blooming this am, it is about an inch and half, the one on the arch is like 3 inches or more... crazy..

Debra, I forgot you had told us that yours is a Fuji. Its lovely.
My Rosita makes 2 and 1/2 inch blooms, sometimes a little larger.
I have one in the tub out back if it ever blooms. :-)

well, hold on, cuz your will bloom, mine finally did.. it is so cute. here they are in comparison, altho the size is hard to tell..
pearly gates decided to bloom, and isn't this your saz lav? (4th pic) anyway the tag has a J on it..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Gorgeous blooms Debra. Love the Rosita and hot pink Fuji.
# 4 looks like Pres Bush, one of my favorites.

Gautier, MS

Thanks all.

Beautiful blooms Debra, love the color of your blooms.

Most of my blooms were on the small size. The white one is a purpurea volunteer.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms to wake up to.

IS THE FIRST ONE BLUSHING BRIDE? OH U KNOW I AM FOND OF BLUE, BUT STARTING TO LIKE THE DUSKY MAUVEY PINKISH ONES A LOT. ( SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK, THAT IS ALL WE USE HERE AT WORK)

I GAVE A FRIEND OF MINE SOME SEEDS FROM MY JAPAN PACKAGES FROM EBAY .. HERE IS WHAT HE HAS GROWN SO FAR..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Very pretty blooms Helena. Enjoyng the peaches and mauves too.

Beaitiful blue blooms Debra. The blue Tie Dye type is my favorite but it eludes me
most of the time. Hope your friend will share sds with you.

OH HE WILL, HE ALWAYS BRINGS ME SEEDS FROM WHAT EVER I GIVE HIM TO GROW. HE JUST DOESN'T LIKE PINK ANYTHINGS, BUT IS VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE. SOMETHING ON THE BEACH WAS ON THE PACKAGE BUT SINCE I AM AT WORK, I CAN'T REMEMBER.

Those are beautiful.

Göppingen, Germany(Zone 7b)

That's a lovely set of blues Debra, but please STOP SCREAMING ;-)

I was really disappointed with my I. Hederifolia Lutea, because it only produced masses of leaves - little did I know it only needed to reach the end of the trellis to explode (pic 1&2). maybe its just the light, but i'd guess its a hormonal thing - with the tips of the vines communicating: no more way to climb, let's concentrate on flowers.

Pic 3 shows my purpurea volunteer which obviously couldn't count to 5. I've read one can breed daylillies to produce more mis-counted flowers (though it's base 4 instead of base 3 with them, not 6/5 as here) do you experts know if that's possible to do so with Morning Glories?

Pic 4 adds one of my favorite non-Ipomoea single day flowers: Tigridia Pavonia. By the way, that was the first red one this year, after loads of yellows and whites. looks like Tigridias take their regeneration year color-wise ;-)

Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak

Garak,If you had taken the time to read Debras post above her lovely blue pics, you would know that she was posting from work and caps are all they use at her work place.

Good Morning.. finally I awake early enough to enjoy a cup of coffee before I go to work. My desk here at home is in front of the two big windows looking at the North arbor and I think I can see a PPV. Yes, Garak I have to use caps lock at work, sorry. I am not meaning to appear like I am screaming. Your lutea is very beautiful and I have no clue why some blooms get more spokes than others, I am not an expert at all. The experts are on another site.( from what I can see the invites I keep getting) I'm not moving to another site, as my friends are here :)
I have never heard of the Tigridis before, yours is very interesting.

Jackie, I am getting enough seeds to share with you all..
Helena, I think your tub of vines is about to bloom! ( your tub of seeds from you)

Linda, I sure miss you, hope we get to see each other again, soon. How are your blooms doing ?

All the blooms on the fence are starting to turn brown from the triple digit heat we have.

When are you coming back to Texas?

Göppingen, Germany(Zone 7b)

Sorry, Debra, that caps-commentary is an old internet reflex of mine, mostly from several gaming forums. Strange policy, to allow private files (the pictures) but to enforce caps. At my working place, attaching a private usb device to a computer would cause an alarm at the IT-security department. Guess every employer has their own rules...

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Your friend got beautiful blooms from your seeds Debra, really gorgeous blue!

Double Clitoria is making more blooms after the rains. Jackie's Aogakiyama x mauve splash cross. I really like this bloom!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, that morning glory is awesome.

Helena,so glad you're getting lots of blooms on your pretty blue pea vine.
Love your aogakiyama x Mauve splash cross bloom.

This message was edited Aug 11, 2015 4:42 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda Jackie.

Peach blzd is my only nice bloom today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

That is a beautiful peach blizzard.

hi all, sorry MIA, been sick. Sure do love that Aogakiyama x mauve splash , it is really unusual . the blue peas are so pretty. I have never seen a peach blizzard before, that is really special.
Jackie hope your eyesight is back to normal now.
Linda, I have no idea when I am going back to Texas. I can't wait to see you, tho when I do get down there.
Didn't get out this am, but Joe said there were a lot of blooms. Maybe tomorrow I will feel better.

Helena, Gorgeous Peach Blizzard, so unusual
Sorry you've been under the weather Debra
My eye getting better every day..thanks.
Becky's Lav Mist, the darkest I;ve ever grown.

Thumbnail by patootie

I hope you are feeling better soon Debra.

Jackie, that is beautiful.

Thanks, Just woke up, still too sick to do much of anything, Joe led me around the yard for a tour of the blooms. Grab your camera he says.. after that tour, I am still so tired. going back to bed, see you later.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

I am glad he dragged you with your camera, but I agree get back in bed, and get better.

These blooms are beautiful!

Debra, Absolutely beautiful Powder blue, the 1st bloom
# 2 looks like Pres Bush
The purp is very pretty with the color block
Hope you start feeling better soon.

The 1st one is
Blue Rayed out of 'azuremores by way of Helena, Thanks Helena,
Purple tie Dye
Choc
Fuji no Beni
Helenas Pink Porcelain

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Lav Mist
Pink George Strait ??
Aogakiyama
purp
LYK

This message was edited Aug 13, 2015 12:18 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Wow, love all the blooms.

Beautiful Lav. Mist Jackie, love the darker color. Neat Blue rayed too Jackie, you are welcome.
All beautiful blooms.

Debra you feel better Debra. Glad you got to take some pictures. They are beautiful, love that first one too!

Gorgeous display of blooms, Jackie, I really like the George Straight, I think I have one going somewhere outside. Lav mist is really delicate looking and I',m in love with LYK.
Just got up again, feeling better.

Thanks Helena and Debra.
Helena, I'm going to enjoy the Blue Rayed
Debra, just guessing on the Ga Strait, LYK is lovely but it's a small bloom 'about 2 and 1/2 inches.across. I will save you some sds if it makes any pods., Lav Mist too.

Hate it when I send my post 2 times,.I do that when I get interrupted. 4get what I;ve done or not done.
smh

This message was edited Aug 14, 2015 2:37 PM

Gautier, MS

I'm really glad you are getting nice blooms Jackie and Debra.

My blooms today were rather small. Another vine from Peach has much lighter blooms(first pic).
2nd bloom was really small
blue star
light bloom from Azuremore, similar to China Doll

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love your blooms Helena.. I'm getting some small blooms too.
I'll save you some Lav Mist sds too.if it makes any,
Helena, your pretty cross vine is making the largest blooms and blooming the best
right now,
I;ve got to close this ie browser, it won't let me send pics.

Helena, I think your cross has some unknown pollen on it, very pretty and'
blooming up a storm.
1st 3 blooms Helenas cross Pink Porcelain x Choc blizz
4th bloom reads Cocoa choc. I think not
True PPV = Plum Purple Velvet

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.