August Blooms 2015

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

First is Edna Jean, but the purpose is to show the green praying mantis and the butterfly also enjoying the bloom.
Can't Fault Ya is new in our garden this year. We got it at the National meeting in Atlanta. It's in great rebloom.
Eye of Excellence
Bachelorette
Eggplant Electricity

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Very nice Don. Posted a few in July. Forgot we were in August. LOL!
French Lingerie
Knights In White Satin
Lavender Heartthrob - LFO
Noid
One Last Pie

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Self Determination
Valentine Greetings
White Temptation
Autumn Wood
Forsyth White Buds

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

More blooms.
Laura Harwood
Bradley Bernard
El Desperado
Jen Melon
Vivid Heart

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Mapping Pennsylvania
Blast From The Past
Beautiful Edgings
Mad Max
Big Kiss

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Mike

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very nice Mike!!! I am surprised that El Desparado is still blooming for you. Mine has been done for awhile. Maybe its reblooming???

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful blooms Mike and Don..... Mike I bet your yard is gorgeous this time of year!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

HEARTBEAT OF HEAVEN, AUTUMN JEWELS, SUZY CREAM CHEESE, NORTHERN ROSE, RUFFLED STRAWBERRY PARFAIT

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

DREAM QUEEN, CARMEN RENEE

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow nice ones Cindy! I am not usually drawn to pinks because I tend to like the darker and brighter colors - but that Heartbeat of Heaven and Ruffled Strawberry Parfait are definitely two exceptions!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Gen!!!!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks Kathy, Cindy and Genna.
Cindy very lovely blooms. Has Northern Rose produce any poly for you?
Genna things are slowing down in the daylily dept, nevertheless I have many that are still blooming.
Look Here Mary - ffo 08-04
Sandra Elizabeth - ffo 08-04
Fruit Loops
Cayenne
Noid - still going

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

A few more.
Ruby Lipstick
Forbidden Dreams - lfo
Tower Of Babel - my only Emmerich.
Moment In The Sun
Bela Lugosi

Gotta run, will post some more tomorrow.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Mike. No polys on Northern Rose so far but it has bloomed like crazy this year.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Some nice ones Mike!! How are the temps up your way?

It has been brutal here but thankfully yesterday the humidity was a lot lower and temps dropped into the mid 60s last night!!!! It was SOOO nice to finally feel a little cool weather! High today is only 96 - amazing how much better that feels with lower humidity than 100 plus with high humidity!

My daughter and I were in Dallas on Monday and Tuesday and temps were 106 and with all that concrete it was so unbelievably hot!!! They said it hit 105 here so it was really hot here too - glad to see the temps fall some!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Genna our temps has been in the eighties. The next few days will be close to ninenty. Chicago will have the " air and water show" this weekend. There will be a small chance for rain tomorrow. I will be posting some more August blooms this weekend.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Some that was blooming lately.
Thoralla - still going strong!
Stella's Sparky`- reblooming.
Bridgeton Ivy League
Four Play
Four Play - cheating. 5x5

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Star Lane
Surprise Lily - They broke ground on Monday and shot up to this size today. All four plants broke ground on the same day.
Joleyne Nichole - reblooming
Pardon Me
Seedling - keeper for sure.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

On And On
Kanai Sensei
Orchid Corsage
Yazoo Elsie Hintson
Genesta - warming up!! LOL!

This message was edited Aug 15, 2015 10:39 PM

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Classic Rose
Innocent Bystander
Carmen Renee
Rosy Return
Autumn Wood

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Some more!
Stand Up Double- rarely double !!! Reblooming.
Holly Dancer
Lady Neva
Pack Hunter - still going strong !
Prairie Wildfire

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

More blooms.
Strawberry Candy - reblooming.
Bermuda Coral - still going strong.
Noid - long blooming.
August Flame - still going strong. Living up to its name.
Substantial Evidence

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Boundless Beauty
Northwind Dancer
Venus Fly Trap
Red Hot Returns - reblooming.
Mapping Pennsylvania

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Frans Hals
Blast From The Past
Humble Heart
Autumn King - Hitting strides now.
Noid

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Wow, there's an upside for missing a thread...you get a massive feast when you find it. Thanks for the parade of beautiful blooms everyone!

(burp)...

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

The Daylilies are beautiful

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I very happy and excited to say that my daughter Mega will be getting things se up for her firs chance at teaching. She has worked hard the past 5 1/2 years to get where she is at today. Getting married, working, going to school and having a baby and there is another on the way. So very proud that she has accomplished all she set out to do. I will really miss working with her but this has been her dream since she started school.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

The Cow Jumped Over The Moon
Cayenne
Chicago Apache
May May
Autumn Wood

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Bryan Cook Memorial
Illini Maiden
Endless Heart
Big Snowbird
Lavender Stardust

May May, Endless Heart and Big Snowbird are calling my name...they're very attractive Mike.

Congratulate Megan and congrats to you too Kathy. I wish her well in her new teaching job.

Lol...I've got an August bloom!
Little Grapette, darker in real life.

Thumbnail by Mipii
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Art A Fact is reblooming.
Dainty Eyes
Sand Witch (related to Brown Witch, Gray Witch and Third Witcch)

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Very lovely Robin and Don.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Others spotted recently.
Royal Butterfly - LFO
Blast From The Past - watching over the Asters. LOL!
The Cow Jumped Over The Moon - winding down and looking better with each passing year.
Bitsy - reblooming

The Royal Butterfly almost got lost in the Aster, they look like my 'September Ruby', I love the shot with the gazebo structure in the background. Your Bitsy has the foliage I prefer. You've got good taste Mike!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Gee, thanks Robin. LOL ! That is Blast From The Past surrounded by asters. I found scapes on After awhile Crocodile and Jay Farquar. These are first scapes. Feeling excited right now.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Catching back up on this thread and LOVING all the beautiful blooms! No blooms here - even the crepe myrtle blooms are pretty much done in, about the ONLY thing I have left blooming is 4:00s and my surprise lillys have just popped up. Thankfully the temps have dropped substantially and we are currently experiencing really cool temps for us for August. We have highs in the upper 80s but it has been dropping to mid to low 60s at night and it is AMAZING in the mornings! :) We finally got some rain last weekend as well - so at least my plants don't feel like they are being fried every day!

Mike, all those blooms are absolutely stunning!! Thanks for sharing all your beauty and hard work with us!

Kathy I am a little late, but congratulations to you and your daughter! It is awesome to finally reach that milestone she has been working so hard for! I know you are very proud of her. I hope she loves her teaching job! God bless her because I know we need good teachers, but I would end up killing some of those kids! LOL

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Genna you are welcome.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Mike, and everyone, are all the blooms finished or do you still have blooms going?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.