Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1400342

Thumbnail by patootie

Fuji no Beni
Azuremoires Blue with Pink Stripes
the heat fogged up my pic
Pink Frost?? No, its Debras lovely pink
Pink Frost is one of the vines I;ve killed. Its half-dead looking but it has 4 good sd pods on it I hope I can save my sd pods. That was my last Pink Frost sd.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2015 2:50 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.

Beautiful blooms.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie! I like the color of your Fuji no Beni and the others too.

I haven't had hardly any problems with the lens fogging up on my phone camera. It's so tiny, it's kind of neat that I can take close up like I like.

Peach, very light
A lite Fujishibori
Blue tint,

Just repeats, I'm waiting for my other vines to set buds.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, it was horrible outside yesterday or the day b4, so hot and humid it was
oppressive. I noticed that if I would wait for 4 or 5 minutes, it quit fogging up my camera so bad,.
I guess that means the camera adjusted to the outside temps.
Beautiful blooms today. The blie tint is really pretty,
I'd say you're getting great pics with your phone cam

Very nice pictures Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

We have had rain showers yesterday and the day before. It cooled us off a bit, it doesn't feel bad until noon. The rain and sun is what's causing damage to the leaves on all my mgs.

Dany's Peach
Purpurea
Fujishibori
Purpurea
Tecoma, Fiery.....

I have swallowtails butterflies and hummingbirds in my yard going to blooming hamelia patens, red salvias and other blooms

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Great blooms Helena. Love the Fuji shibori and the striped shibori.
The Tecoma stans is a beauty.

Those are beautiful blooms Helena.

Jackie, how is your eye doing?

Debra, the glare is just blinding me.
I went to the Dr Thurs and he doesn't know why my eye is so sensitive to the sun or any bright light,If I don't see an improvement in the sensitivity soon,I won't be getting my 2nd surgery done Aug 11.. Then I couldn't see to drive at all.
Now I wonder if Ilm allergic to the eye drops, smh =shaking my head

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

sorry you are having challenges , Jackie, But I know you will overcome them.
we got Joanna moved up to Kc yesterday, and moved Rose from building one to building two up 4 flights of stairs. I am exhausted.
Helena, Love those blooms, would love to see the Hamela Patens again, also I am glad to hear you put things out for the critters, and . I found that turtles like cherries, bananas, cantaloupe, tomatoes, lettuce, dandelions, and cut up apples. so when we have scraps, they go to the turtles. Joe dug up the bean patch he got 32 zip-lock bags of beans in the freezer. now it is all nice and clean, sprayed and fertilized, and we will move all the tomatoes and peppers into that area. I have gotten 6 cukes so far , and peppers and tomatoes. Made my first salsa the other night.

I am going crazy waiting for blooms from my glories. everything is still vining.
Now we have to strip Joanna's room, ( she didn't leave it for 25 years) and then I will change the carpet in both the spare rooms. They ( the girls) told me not to use their rooms for plants, but I told them it's my house I'll do what I want .LOL
grew this from seed last year, told Joe we gonna have to move it to the front south end of the house, it will get big.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Glad to hear you got her settled in.
That is a beautiful hibiscus. Love the turtle and datura too.

Yes I'm going to overcome them I can see this am,no eye drops since
5pm. DH says no eye drops at all today for a test.
Sounds like you and Joe had a great yr growing veges.
Your mg;s will explode with blooms all at once.
Beautiful Texas Star Hibiscus. Is that Datura dis-color?
Its beautiful.Please save me a few sds

I had Keiryu open today. thanx Helena,
Plum Surprise, hoping for sds from this one
Poor pandy holding on against the fungus
I think the cinnamon helped but rain has washed most of it off
time to reapply
Another Plum surprise
Ebay Plum Velvet

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Norfolk, VA

Nice blooms, y'all! I just fed my chocolate morning glory a combination of liquid fish and seaweed fertilizer and it's raising the fertility of the flower and promoting seed production and the vine is sending new shoots.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Beautiful blooms Debra. I do throw fruits and vegies out in the backyard but I thought I was doing it for the birds. The turtles I found were in the side of the yard where I'm growing my mgs and other plants. Decided not to grow in the fenced backyard this year, I do leave the gate open a lot.

Jackie, I'm so glad you are getting such pretty blooms. I like them a lot, quite showy. I'm thinking that I should move my next batch of mg into the front patio where the rain and sun won't damage the leaves so much. No morning sun there, just late afternoon for a couple of hours. Now just finding the time to get them into bigger pots and moving them. I had these blooms yesterday, but didn't get a chance to post.

Watercolor, Country blue, pink porcelain, rose silk, Peach.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

hELENA, THAT 4 SQUARE IS REALLY COOL ON YOUR FIRST BLOOM.
I am sneaking in from work it is crazy here! Jackie, love THAT kEIRYRU AND PLUM SURPRISE. yOUR BLOOMS MAKE ME SMILE.

Those are beautiful Helena.

Thanks ladies.
Helena, your blooms are gorgeous today as usual. I love the 1st one,
the shape and the color. I love your peaches and Rosy(Choc) silk.hybrids too.
My eye is great today, could see all day. Whats the difference, no eye drops and
my eye feels like it is almost back to normal..

Tony, Glad you're having good luck with your sea weed and fish emulsion fertilizers.

Glad to hear your eye is better Jackie.

Thanks Linda.
No blooms today.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

I'm glad your eyes are feeling better Jackie. Glad you decided to see if the eye drops were causing it.

My mgs needed to be watered bad this morning and my other plants too. I did get to do that.
Took pics but haven't downloaded them and not sure if they are just plain repeat blooms.

Thanks Helena.
So hot I can barely stand to go out to water but I did. I wet down the dogs yard which
will cool the temps down about 10 degrees.
Hope you get time to send some pics Helena. We don't care if they're repeats.

what a day! every day for the past two weeks we have been just non stop slammed in service. this recall thing is getting on my nerves. I missed the species bloom again, it looks like a smaller pandy..

Hope you get to take a pic soon Debra. I want to see it. Can you'get Joe
to take it for you???

Gautier, MS

The recall thing is kind of scary. Sorry it's causing so much stress for you Debra.

I potted up a few mgs yesterday and moved some where I hope the rain doesn't wet the leaves. Just want to see if it will help.

Purple speckled trilobe and Peach.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I had to close out IE and open Firefox to send a pic. The only bloom I had open and
my vines so tangled,not sure what this is. Maybe one of Azuremores

Thumbnail by patootie

Helena, lovely blooms. Both are beautiful.
Send me some of the rain, maybe close to 3 weeks since we had enough rain to speak of

We need rain too.

Love your blooms.

SNEAKING IN FROM WORK, IT IS POURING CATS AND DOGS, ( NO SHARKS) SENDING IT YOUR WAY LINDA, AND JACKIE...GOOD THING IS WHEN I RAINS LIKE THIS, NO ONE WANTS TO COME IN FOR SERVICE.. GIVES US A SMALL BREAK.

Glad to hear the rain is giving you a break from work!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I wish I could send rain your way Jackie and Linda! But I noticed even with these light showers the plants need a good soaking. So I will have to be watching the pots that I moved into areas that the rain isn't hitting them.

Your pretty bloom Jackie could be Azuremores but not sure. Did you plant the 'wild one" it was striped and had different colors.

Glad that you go a break from work Debra.

Thanks ladies.
Glad you're getting a small reprieve from recall customers Debra.
Helena, I'm pretty sure I planted the wild one but I can't account for all of mine now. I've lost several and some of the small ones that were still in the small 8 oz cups
aren't going to survive either.I can blame most of my losses on my eye surgery but guess it couldn't be helped

Helena, the unknown bloom I posted yesterday belongs to your pretty
Pink Porcelain x Choc Blizzard cross.
This coming from the Aogakiyama x Choc silk cross sd but no
cross bloom yet.

Thumbnail by patootie

That is beautiful. I got to see a couple blooms this am, will post pics tonight, just the wild blue, the striped purp and the jaimie lynn, but that is better than nothing to me..I'm going back to this insane day of recall headaches.

Jackie, that is very pretty.

Thanks Debra and Linda
We will enjoy your blooms Debra. All blooms are welcome. :-)

This message was edited Aug 1, 2015 11:08 AM

Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Jackie.

We have at least 2 gorgeous days, perfect morning weather until about noon.

Blooms from yesterday and today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are gorgeous!

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.