Plumerias and Epidendrum's...How do you get them to bloom?

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I have a plumeria and several varieties of reed stem Epidendrums that all had blooms when I bought them, but for a few years now, none have re-bloomed. They are all very healthy looking and growing, but that is about it.

Any good tips on how to get these to give me blooms again? I know they both need to be fertilized which I'm doing, but maybe I'm not doing it enough or too much?

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

My plumeria bloom profusely with a teaspoon orchid bloom booster spread on the ground now and then. The rain does the rest. However, there is this one plumeria (penang peach) that has never bloomed in the 4 years I have owned it. I will dig it up and trash soon. I have no time and no patience for this.`

Sylvain.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks Sylvain, I have been putting some granular fertilizer on the plumeria, mine is in a large container, since we can dip to freezing here. However I did some research and read that they can take up to 3 years to bloom, so maybe mine just needs more time. But I understand what you're saying I just yanked out two durantas that haven't bloomed in five years, I'd rather have a more interesting plant in their place.

I still don't understand the Epidendrums, as far as I can tell I'm doing everything right. They are supposed to be the easiest orchid to grow.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

My plumeria have had a few blooms on them this year. I have to confess I never have fertilized them since I potted them up a few years ago.

My durantas are blooming more this year than they have in years. Go figure.

I do wish my Hawaii sunset vine would bloom. Lots of leaves and growth but no blooms just yet. I think plants are very sensitive to conditions and sometimes I just can't figure out what they like best.

My Dutchman's pipe has spread along the fence about another 12 feet and is full of pipes. I am really way behind at fertilizing. I planted all the Wendy's wish plants but they don't look like they are going to make it. I will patiently wait and see what they do.

I am trying to get some weeding done that is in the shade but it is still awful hot to work outside for very long.

Thanks to all who post the beautiful flowers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.