2015 June Birthday Card Swap

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Seems like everyone is getting lots of rain.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

We have been having more rain than I would like and looks like rain for the next couple of days and a storm may be building now as the sky is starting to get dark. I am going to have to pull lots of weeds from my flowers by the time it finally dries up.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

The heat here has been tempered only a little by our couple of tstorms. Sure don't mind the rain!

Joy has the Old, New, Borrowed, Blue Interest Thread open
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1399051/

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Ah, rain... we could use some of that :)
I really like the Old, New, Borrowed, Blue swap. It's one of my favorites. Not sure I'll be able to do it this year, though. Preliminary tests indicate that my guide dog has a connective tissue sarcoma (found it in his leg). He will be having surgery to remove the growth (date not set yet), and once confirmed, may need radiation treatment to get any the surgery doesn't get. Looks like a very different summer for us. And, given his age, he will likely retire some time this summer. We plan to keep him as a pet once he retires. I've told him that once he gets better, I'll get him a dog :) He loves other dogs, so he should like that. May be a bit of an adjustment though when the new dog (my next guide dog) and I go somewhere without him. We'll just have to see how that goes. I'm hoping he will see those times as his opportunity to rest so he can play with the other dog when we get back. But this won't all happen until he officially retires and gets through all his medical treatments.
Looks like I don't have a very large garden, but what is growing will be greatly appreciated :) I'm definitely looking forward to having fresh beans and basil :)
July will soon be here. Would someone be available to host for July? I can do it if not, but if someone else can host for July, that would be better given the things I'll be dealing with here.
Hope you all get some wonderful blooms in your gardens this summer!
Take care, and have a great last day of June!
Michelle

Sorry to hear about your dog, sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

I will make a new thread for July.

Hi, all.
We actually got a little rain yesterday evening! Not a lot, but a little to keep the dust down and freshen the air. Smelled wonderful!
LK, thanks for hosting for July. Let us know when you have the thread set up.
Have a great Friday!
Michelle

So sorry. I meant to make a new thread, but got busy. I am in San Antonio, and will be back tomorrow. I will get it done then.

Hi, all.
LK, not a problem... I hope your visit to San Antonio is a good one. Safe travels! And, we'll look forward to celebrating our country's birthday with a new thread and some yummy cake :)
Michelle

Happy birthday to our beloved country, the United States of America! Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe celebration!
Michelle

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1399905/

New room for July...

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.