Alikat's June Swap Show and Tell

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone!

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1394779/

Haves and Wants are posted here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1394782/

Swap Partners: We each send to each other....please contact your partner directly to share addresses and swap items....and ship dates. :)

WWK - DJ9
Alikat - Nanny & DJ9
DJ9 - Alikat & WWK
Nanny - Alikat

All boxes to be shipped out priority by June 27th....
Plants should be labeled and package well for shipping.....

We will start chat over here and when your boxes come in....use this thread to upload pictures of your new plants!

Can't wait to see all the wonderful plants!

This message was edited Jun 7, 2015 9:50 PM

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone,

Hope your June has been great so far!

I've been gone for a few days during which we got about 4 inches of rain....upon my return I had quite a few new blooms! See below....bachelor buttons.....daylilies....firewitch pinks....lupines....siberian iris....

I dug up and prepared 3 boxes -- two for postage trades and one for another side trade!

I'll be digging up our June swap boxes for DJ and Annette a bit later in the month!

Today I also dug up about 100 baby masterworts that were invading the lawn.....now I need to reseed the lawn for my hubby....

Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32
Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Beautiful blooms greeted you! What a nice welcome home! Dug up the lawn, huh? It happens...lol.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Really Nice Blooms I Hope to dig on Monday today is going to be a relaxing day to get my energy back after the week I Had getting ready for my plant swap in the park it went well just a couple Hitches but all had a Great day in all :)))

ALI : I'm Sending to Kathy as she is sending to me . so my boxes I hope to have them out by Tuesday.
Hope everyone has a great day .

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone.....
Fixed the swap list at the top too! Sorry about that!
Been outside most of the day working on weeding....I do love a freshly weeded garden! Too bad it doesn't stay that way very long!

Fixed up my garden shed again...some of my fun garden quotes fell off the walls and the bad mean ants who are eating my shed are no longer but I had to sweep away their little dead bodies!

A few of my favorite quotes are:
The earth smiles in flowers....
Gardens are a form of auto-biography....
In every gardener lives a child that believes in the seed fairy....
At the end of the day you should smell like dirt....

I love those quotes Candi. We seem to have an ant invasion around here too. I hate to spray because of the dogs and cat, so I have been trying to find alternate ways to encourage them to leave without using pesticide. Wish me luck with that.

I heard cinnamon Never tried it

Thanks Susie, I will check that out! And FYI I got a box in the mail today from Susie! Be back later with pics.

Here 's what I got from Susie.
DL- Spacecoast Starburst-:)
Tall phlox-:)
Bistort- :)
Phlox- :)
Bergenia- :)
TB Iris Cherub Choir-Pink- :)
Red Hen & chicks- :)
Pulmonaria- :)
SDB Iris at least 6 different kinds , will have to get the names after this storm blows through. :)
Ornamental tree/shrub-:)
A nice note with a list of plants and saying I will be getting another box. Oh my!
Thank you Susie! I love them all! I don't know where you found the time to get this all together with everything you had going on.
Anybody know how to turn pictures right side up when they are uploaded from and android phone to DG? lol

This message was edited Jun 8, 2015 5:42 PM

Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23

there ya be annette

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Thank you ma'am! I gotta learn how to do that...

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks DJ ...you gotta teach us how to edit!
And can you be my garden fairy???? That's a giant box!! Stuffed with plants!

This message was edited Jun 8, 2015 9:10 PM

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Meant to send some new pics of flowers....every day there's a new one blooming...yeah! I love this time of year!

Well this first one isn't flowers...my niece's dance recital...she's the one in front on the floor....
#2 and #4 - the log my DH is preparing for our log mailbox post....it's gonna be super great once it's done....

#3 - evening primrose..it only blooms at night

#5 my oriental poppy - just opening up tonight!

I am stalking my firewitch pinks and sniffing them every time I pass them in the garden....I just LOVE that nutmeg smell!

Candi

Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32

Your niece is a lovely young lady. I remember those recital days. My daughter took dance, ballet,tap and jazz. She started when she was 4, talk about dangerous...a dozen 4 year olds in tap shoes. lol but so cute! Yes DJ definitely knows how to stuff a box. I was really excited to get home so I could open it.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Annette - I forgot to mention - I've tried cinnamon.....cloves.....hot pepper.....oil (to make it slippery so they can't walk on my walls).....nothing worked! I finally resorted to ant cups in my shed.....that way they are away from all animals and only target the ants....I do love ants....but they can't eat my shed. I mean I'm finding sawdust! The shed is a mini log cabin -- I've sealed it and restained it....reroofed it....and those buggers are still trying to eat it down! BAD ANTS!!

I used to chaperone when she was little too....talk about chaos....all those little ones...costumes...bathroom breaks....entertainment between numbers....agh! Now that she's 9 - she can do everything by herself...I'm not really needed but she likes to have auntie or her mom back there. They grow up sooooo fast....I can't stand it!

Try baby powder, they don't like the scent,and it is non toxic and smells good. I used it in my kitchen and aside from the nuisance of have powder everywhere it seems to work. The ants leave. It's worth a try.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Oh excellent - gonna try that!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

It's raining, AGAIN..... I had 2 days that were dry and now more again. Hurricane from the Pacific will be here for the next few days (wed.-fri. then afternoon showers after that........ Cripes sake, not sure when I can dig yet......(have been trying to get my weeding done and it's not been accomplished yet. (I still haven't been able to clean off all the garden from last year yet.....Flower stems still out there from last season! and veggies not planted yet either.) Sorry Susie!!!!!!!

Kathy that is A OK With me I'm In No Hurry for PLants right now I'm haven to work in everyone else;s gardens but my own right now Just went over & dug & Replants Hosta's for a friend till I got rained out Now it has Quit so I May go back over.

I probable should not have taken on this for this Month lets try for the end of the Month if your ok with that .

off i go have a great day all .

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

HI Everyone!
June's a long month....we've got plenty of time to dig and trade! DJ - you do so much for all your friends...it must be so nice to live around alot of other gardeners....I only have one close neighbor and he and I exchange garden talk and help each other when we can. :)

Do you also want my box closer to the end??? Nanny and I are planning on the end of June too....

I've had late nights every night this week so NO gardening done at all..... :( I've got another late night tonight but on Friday....I'm out on time! Looking forward to some free time!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone,
How's it going?
Nanny and DJ -- I'll be sending your boxes out later this week.....we are getting more rain and the gardens are loving it! I'm so happy to get some water!

WWK -- hope you are well.....do you remember in 2013 you sent me a few of the babies you were planting from seed in one of the boxes you sent? We'll I've been growing and growing them....one grew really tall and I think it's some sort of primrose and the other one was just leaves and growing -- nothing the first year or the second....and this year...WOW! It's totally beautiful! It's a spotted bell flower -- pics 4 and 5
pic 1 - bachelor button
pic 2 - mini sunflowers
pic 3 - my old kitties - Lucky and Chance

I'm so so sorry I have been so behind , but i promise to do my best to get my boxes out soon . will post here when i get them shipped .

they say a heave strom is moving in later today so i don't plan to go anywhere or work out side I tried to this morning when I got back from town but I Woke with a good old fashion summer cold head stuffed up & sore throat .

Now i have the hick ups so guess i better go get a drink you all have a great day .

Afternoon all well i just had to come share The wonderful Box
of plants I received today from Annette/Nanny .

I've been so sick the last 3 days will a Good Old Fashion Michigan Summer cold so My head is not all here so forgive me if I misspell any of the plants names .
Huge Box Thought there was No end to I Found :)
ECHINACEA--ALOHA & CHEYENNE SPIRIT
CORKSCREW RUSH-TWISTED
CARDINAL LOBELIA
DAHLIAS -- KELVINS FLOODLIGHT & THOMAS EDISON
ADENIUM--DESSERT ROSE
CREEPING THYME --PINK CHINTZ & RED
CORAL BELLS-MIDNIGHT RED & PURPLE PALACE
TOMATO PLANTS- Oregon Spring, Cherokee Purple, Beefsteak,German Red & Gold,& Rose red.
SEDUM- Coral Carpet & Blue Spruce
Stargazer Lilies 2 with Blooms :)
Polka dot Plant
can't see them well in this picture for i have them in a tub of water Brother jim just went to town for some potting soil for me & I will pot a few but the tomatoes he is going to plant them later when it cools down .

wonderful box annette & Now i hope by next week I can get my boxes out to Kathy & ali sorry for being so late on this swap .

Thumbnail by deejay9

Glad it made it ok and that you liked it. Feel better soon!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi DJ.....you're not late.....we planned on trading later in the month!
I hope you get to feeling better soon!
I'll be sending my boxes out this weekend!

Just stopping in to let ya all know I have not forgotten the swap
this has been a very bad month for me Sick with a head cold Most of it, & trying to get ready for our garden club tour .
anyway as promised I will get my boxes out by friday for sure & as of signing for other swap I think I will wait till Aug or Sept .

So Kathy & Ali Hoping your boxes will arrive by Monday July 6th
sorry for being so late .

I Rec'd My box from alikat/candi I Have them all in their new Homes & watered :) TY ALI For all your Great Choices for sharing with me .
A really Cute Red & White Birdie
Blue cardinal
Coral Bell--Purple Palace (Think)
Columbine
Dianthus -Pink
Master Wort
Rose Champion
Tri-color Sedum
Tea rose Pink

Thumbnail by deejay9

I also received a box from Candi/Alikat today. She sent me:
Coral Bells
Cranesbill
Ligularia
Purple Emperor Sedum
Coreopsis
Tall Bearded Iris
White Coral Vine seeds
Columbine

Thanks Candi! I planted them in pots already because...SURPRISE! it's raining again. lol I will post pictures in just a minute. I have to upload from my phone.

Here's pics

Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Ladies - so glad they arrived in good condition! They look happy in those pots Annette! DJ - if you already have them in their new homes I'm totally jealous of your work ethic! XO
Big storms here again today! The rain is ruining my peonies!

I hear you about the rain! It is ruining my Dahlias! Been raining all morning here.

sorry did not dig plant for i didnot want them to sit at any PO so will dig on Monday Ship on Tuesday for sure .
HAPPY 4th ev1

Same here Susie! I didn't want the plants to sit over the weekend in the P.O., so I will dig tomorrow, weather permitting, and mail on Monday. So look for your box around the middle of the week, Candi.

I Don't think the Po will be open on Monday this is a long weekend . I could be wrong :)

The post office observes the 4th on the actual day it falls on UNLESS it falls on a Sunday, then it is observed on the following Monday. So the P.O. will be open on Monday.

ok then I will try to get mine ready today also :)

Looks like I will have to dig in the rain. Maybe it will stop long enough to get it done.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Annette, I have been lurking and know you are following this thread and I just wanted to give a very big THANK YOU for sharing Japanese iris Crystal Halo with me. It is gorgeous! The rains have been terrible, so I picked it to enjoy in the house. My niece is visiting and in the process of purchasing a new home in Michigan. It will be going to live with her in Rocheste, MI . She says, Thank so much for sharing..

Thumbnail by mittsy

Mittsy, you are so very welcome! It certainly has done well for you, that bloom is is huge. I think it will always be one of my favorites. Tell your niece that I hope she enjoys it for many years to come.

Kathy wwk are you out there ??? I Need to Know before I mail your box Don't want it to set out in any hot sunny Porch PLEASE DMAIL .

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.