Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1392716

Dany's # 8 in 2013

Thumbnail by patootie

From 2013

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread. Love the morning glories.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie.

Nice blooms too Linda. I've had a few swallowtail butterflies here.

Hope you see your mg blooms Debra.

Here's a few blooms from today. A bit of improvement on the first blooms, a few others will have to get better before I can post them.
#1 ???not sure was supposed to be BK blzd from Japanese seller
Lav. Chiffon blzd
Ao....
Pink blzd
Blue star

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful. Love the vibrant colors.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

That 8 spoke is a real beauty no matter what it is called..

Thanks helena and Linda.
Ooh, agreeing with Debra.on your 1st bloom. The blooms might change.too
Gorgeous Aogakiyama with its dark color. Love your Pink Blizzard and'BlueStar..

Found this blooming/growing in the ground beside the tub that held the
Rebecca last yr. So pretty sure thats what this is. This vine has
been up about 6 weeks, so blooming much sooner than the mg's I grow in pots.

Does anyone recognize this wild flower? I wonder if its a blue Flax?

This message was edited Dec 26, 2016 12:50 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Nice morning glory. Sorry, I don't know the pretty blue flower.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, Debra and Jackie.

See, I didn't even notice the 8 spokes. You guys make me appreciate it more!

I like your purpurea too Jackie. I missed one of mine last week until I noticed that it had closed, it was only about 6 inches long. So now I'm waiting for it to bloom again.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beutiful blooms Helena. That blue stands out. Love the pink too, a pretty soft color..
Is that Rose Silk in the center

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I just looked at Plantfiles on Chocolate blooms and Rose Silk. Beautiful blooms and some look very similar but I think mine would be considered Rose Silk. Good info in there.

Todays blooms!
A light lav. blzd ...no label tag
Purpurea
Blue blzd
DFNM
Mauve Splash

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful.

Lovely blooms Helena. I really like the Lav Blizzard and the purp.
Please save me a few sds

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

I'm writing the description of the blooms on the label tags. Noticing seed pods on some of the vines already. I'll save you some seeds from those Jackie.

Hope to continue getting some nice blooms.

Norfolk, VA

Here's a morning glory from 2010 with a massive trunk, a single plant, and an oriental poppy from last year.

Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan
Gautier, MS

Tony, I remember the pretty morning glories you grew too. Beautiful poppy color!

From this morning!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

That is a huge trunk on your mg Tony. Nice Poppy bloom.

Helena, great color on that 1st mg. Love the way it fades to purple/lavender on the tips, very pretty, Is your lovely 2nd bloom a Sazanami, so showy.

oh my, I love the blooms you are getting, Helena. Tony that poppy is really neat. I had poppys one year, but they didn't come back.
Kinda wet and rainy here all week, I have purps blooming out front and on the arch. Jackie is that blue flower a Phlox? It is really pretty. U know I love blue..

Here is a species mg growing on the arch by the back door, all my pots of vines are waiting for their turn in the bean patch when it is done..Pandy is really going to town it has three leaders now..wish it were on the arch..the porcelain berry is on the arch with some other things as well,

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Deb,I;m just not sure what my blue flowering plant is, a flax or a phlox. Would help if
I could tell which foliage goes with the blue flowers but its so weedy out there,I can't tell.'
It's growing thru the fence in the horse pasture. I;ll try to check again when the field dries out some..
Eager to see your species mg blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra.

Jackie, the 2nd bloom is Mauve Splash. I love how it differs from day to day.

Nice and healthy looking vines Debra. I'm looking forward to seeing your blooms too.

Managed to get just 2 pics b/c of the heavy rain.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, i hope you are safe and not flooding like a lot of North east Texas is.

Lovely blooms this morning Helena.
We've not had a break from the rain in over a week, Rain predicted to last another
week here. :-(

same here, Jackie. pooie! Helena, keep those blooms a coming..

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

We needed the rain here and it didn't get bad at least for me. I hope it doesn't get any worse for you guys. I know it's been pretty bad for other parts of the states.

I had lots of repeat blooms!

Gautier, MS

Here's a few more.

what a gorgeous display , the colors are so cheerful! Sun is out today here, I got two pics of some glorys on the arbor, will post tonight. Meanwhile, Helena you know which one is my favorite? bottom row, third one,,, it is way cool.

Helena those are awesome.

Yes, awesome is right Linda
I;m partial to the one Debra loves too, so pretty,.
l'm also in love with Helenas Lite Lav Blizzard, such a huge bloom today.
The color is great on the blue, # 4, 1st row.

well, here are my pics from this am.. so wet, so soggy everything is wet wet wet.. more rain coming tonight.. ugh. ( I am grateful, tho)
See the Jaimie lynn has specs? crossed with the shibouri.. I managed to get some seeds from the cross last year..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Very pretty blooms Debra. I can't remember if my Jamie Lynn had speckles.I really like the specks. Is that a white Clitoria or a regular pea vine??

That is just my snow peas, they are going nuts this year, I got to eat my first 4 pods tonight..they are all over the patio gardens..they are usually gone by now, but they are just going crazy with this rain and cooler temps.

Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Pretty blooms Debra. Glad to see you enjoying snow peas. I let the last back go to seeds for next year.

Lots of blooms this morning. Loved the first bloom from Jackie's seed. Thanks Jackie.

Aogakiyama blzd cross
Pink rose
Tricolor purple dots
Lav. blzd #2 vine
Pink dots and specks

Gautier, MS

Here's some more!

You are really getting some beautys there, Helena. The lav blizzard #2 is really special.

My goodness, look at all the beautiful blooms.

Absolutely gorgeous blooms this morning Helena.
Glad you;re enjoying the Aogakiyama, the color is beautiful.
Love the pink dots and that big blue on the 2nd row is stunning..

Gautier, MS

Thank you ladies.

I went out in the rain with my umbrella to see and take pictures this morning. Found that a few blooms have been munched probably by a grasshopper.

Choco cross
purpurea volunteer
blue blzd
another purpurea JL
Pink (dark pink) ?

Gautier, MS

A few more and my Rio Samba rose.

Those are so pretty Helena!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.