Vietnamese hollyhocks

Englewood, FL(Zone 10a)

Hollyhocks are a sweet youth memory for me. I just found out that it is possible to grow Vietnamese hollyhocks in my zone, 10a. Very happy about that, but I am not able to find them! I searched for them online at many sites, and the Google search points to Daves Garden, but that thread wasn't helping me.

My question is, does anyone know where to buy some? I haven't been able to find Vietnamese hollyhocks seeds from Burpee either, as someone suggested at another site.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

We have had a lady who sent us seed here in Fl several years ago.
I will try to find her.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

I received some seeds and they grew very well in zone 9.
The lady was in Fl. but right now can't remember who it was. Sorry

Englewood, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank you! That is so nice of you.

I read that Vietnamese hollihocks are the same as the fig leaved hollyhocks. I found one of those at Annie's annuals and perennials online.

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Bonnie, that was Rene from Wauchula. You told me this in a D-mail in late 2011

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Right Molly. Wonderful to have such a good memory.

I tried to save seed from them but it didn't work out. Vietnamese hollyhocks grow well here.

Would try them again if I could find some.

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Bonnie, my memory isn't great at all. Had an inkling and went looking through your dmails to me.
My memory works by association without that I have no where to track.

Tieah's husband works for me....rides in every day and I prompt him to help me remember important work things.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Every early spring like in March or late Feb. Lukas Nursery in Oviedo has hollyhocks, but I don't know if they're Vietnamese or not. They go fast when they get them in. Always a lavender color. I tried them one year and they didn't last long, they told me they'd come back each year, but never did.

Englewood, FL(Zone 10a)

It is my understanding that the leaves of the Vietnamese hollyhocks are 'fig leaved' . I studied the pics and noticed the difference in leaves.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.