Morning Glories 2015 # 05

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1390269

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty white bloom Jackie! Sorry to hear about your eyes. Hopefully the vitamins will help.

Jackie, I'm not sure the name for that bloom. The pink dots and bluish edges are supposed to be white. If I bought the seeds from azuremore he doesn't give a name to some of his mg's. I'll have to find my baggie cuz I don't recall exactly from whom I bought them. But I did want them, love them too.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Jackie, I have a friend that started those shots a few months ago, but she let her eyes get pretty bad before she went to the Dr. But she said the shots don't hurt.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Helena, I;m going back to the old thread to look at your other pinkish blooms that' I loved
So pretty, they're worth a 2nd and 3rd look.
Linda, I am encouraged that he didn;t feel it was necessary to start the shots
anytime soon. He said
my damage was very light and was hard for him to even see it.
I'm going to be trying all kinds of herbs as soon as I can make sure none of them work against each other.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, glad it's not as bad as you thought and that you can take herbs to help.

Jackie, thanks. I need to mark the first 2 blooms from Pink Porcelain blzd cross. I damaged the bloom today when I moved the pot. It's supposed to warm up so hopefully the blooms will be nice and bigger.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, .At least now I know what I'm dealing with. I'll
be taking the best care of my eyes that I can.from now on.

Love your gorgeous blooms this morning..

This message was edited May 1, 2015 12:13 AM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.

Still too cool for some of my mg's.
The first bloom is supposed to be BK blzd, I can't wait to see what they are going to look like when it warms up a bit.
Speckled
BK
1044 ? from Dany

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful!

A few mg seedlings, pic # 2
Hibiscus, 3rd pic and Canna seedlings
1st pic.Seed pods forming on the giant thistle
and more buds still to open,

This message was edited May 1, 2015 3:02 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Helena, lovely blooms all but I'm in love with the speckled. It is
so special. Eager to see what the Bk blizzard will look like in future blooms.
Beautiful color on the 1044.

Better pic of the big seed pods on the thistle,

Thumbnail by patootie

Nice seedlings you have growing.

Linda, I'll save you some of the thistle seeds when they ripen.

That would be awesome. Thanks.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Your seedlings look great Jackie. I like the pink speckled a lot too. The good think is that so far it's blooming every day so It'll make seeds. I think the cool nights and mornings are keeping the blooms on the small side.
Went to a flea market in Mobile with my daughter and kids this morning. Kind of fun, bought 6 hummingbird plants...like any really needed anymore plants.

This is Dany's white with blue specks, Summer Rain.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love the blue specks Helena Its a beauty

Those are so pretty!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

Blooms from today. Potted up 36 seedlings today, some have tiny buds.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love the blue!

That is a lot of seedlings. Do you keep them in pots?

Very pretty Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Yes, I have them in gallon pots. My first batch are in 2-3 gallons. But there is just too many now to do that. I started a few more special ones the other day, maybe I'll get them into bigger pots.

Here's what bloomed this morning.

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Is the 1st one Pink Porcelain or PP cross?
Love the star on the 2nd bloom and of course the beautiful speckled, my favorite
so far.

A agree with Jackie, those are beautiful!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

The tag on the first bloom says Pink Porcelain, but it gave those 2 first blooms that seemed like a cross. I tagged them and hoping I'll get seeds from them. I wish some of my mgs would straighten out, don't know why some are opening with damage and kind of deformed. I need to feed them soon.

Here's blooms from today. The last 2 blooms are from the same vine.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful! What do you feed your morning glories?

More lovely blooms Helena. So happy you have booms to keep us entertained.
Beauties too. Will be
forever b4 mine are budded.
We haven;t heard from Debra in a while???

Bump

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

well golly! I thought ya all just quit posting due to being outside all day. So glad someone came and fed me the crumb to lead to you. beautiful blooms, I have enjoyed them all , I hope you keep posting. So excited for the thistle, I have seen them in bloom and they are quite the sight to behold.

I planted one seed from all of dany's one seed from all of jackies, and a few seeds left over from Helena, so we will have a lot to see in a few weeks, they are already sprouted and ready to transplant. Work has me captive.
Jackie , ,my sister had glaucoma for the whole time she was sick, she never did anything but put drops in, I am glad your macular is minimal, my mom's was bad, they did some sort of procedure on hers, but she ended up being okay. I was hoping you just had cataracts, but since now you know what is what, you can try to heal yourself.

Debra, hoping you have some beautiful blooms to share in a few weeks
Yes, I will be trying to heal myself but you know they say there is no cure for the
macular degeneration.I wonder what they did for your mom that made hers ok? I have a few things I want to try, I have read of natural cures
for the cataracts and I'll be trying them soon.

Deb, let me know if you want thistle sds. I should have plenty in a few weeks.

Thumbnail by patootie

Morning Jackie, that is a beautiful bloom. We finally got some substantial rain. beat my carribia rose and the yellow iris all to heck tho. My mom had some kind of procedure to "drain' some fluid, she was diag'd with her cancer right after , so that became something that wasn't even addressed after that. I didn't go in with her that day, but she did have a bit of swelling and pain. gosh that was years ago. I am all about doing things naturally, I know there is something out there to minimize the progression of your macular.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful bloom Jackie. I hope all turns out well for you Jackie.

Love seeing Mauve Splash this morning from my 2009 seed!

Thanks Debra.
Yes there is something to take. Its Areds2, a clinical tested formula thats proven
to slow the progression down. Both eye Dr's recommended it. I'm going to take the cold pressed flax sd oil in'cottage cheese and a few other things.
Going to put pure virgin olive oil in my eyes too, lol

Been to town and left my screen up so missed your lovely blooms Helena.
The Mauve Splash is to die for!!!!

oh my.. I am also loving that mauve splash. that center one looks like it has a few speckles.. does it?

I see them too Debra which is amazing that I can.

WOW! Those are awesome. The middle one with purple specs is beautiful!

Gautier, MS

Thank you, Debra, Jackie and Linda.

Today Pink porcelain blzd has all the attention! The white with specks is the purpurea volunteer I rescued early this spring. I love when I see volunteers come up close to where I had my pots last summer.

A visitor turtle going across the st to field across the st. My cats were curious but not interested. My 8 year old g-son brought home a tadpole, I mentioned to my daughter why is it that I always end up caring for their pets? A tadpole in the name of science.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous blooms Helena. I love your PP cross, very special,
My kitties check out everything in their yard too.
DH rescues turtles.and sets them free out past the horse pasture.

A few from last yr

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Norfolk, VA

Hey y'all. I'm trying to grow chocolate MG this year. I'll also try to cross Orihime with Scarlett o hara this year and see what I get next year:-) I am still trying to grow out and cull away tie-dye lavender to stabilize it. miss y'all!

Looking forward to your crosses Tony.
You should drop by to visit more often Tony. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.