Spring flowering shrubs/trees

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Haha, yes a lot gets missed in the delivery of the message online. All is good. I will post a pic of my shipment when it comes. I spoke with him on the phone today and he said they lost 90% of their crop....what a shame. So my Cree and Green Trumph are out but I'm getting two more V. dentatums; an 'Autumn Jazz' and a 'Red Feather'. I was at a local nursery today and picked up a V. rhytidophyllum too. We pushed back my shipment for two weeks because I'm doing a decent sized landscape job for a friend and that will take at least two weekends. He will ship Jun 1.

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

90%, WOW. I think I'll place an order just to help him out. You'll have to start a new post with your landscaping too. Thanks BTW ; )

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Here you go VV, this is one of our V. dilatatum varieties. It's 'Erie'. Interestingly, it looks like 'Erie' has a better chance of pollinating my 'Michael Dodge' this year. Also interestingly, it looks like my 'Cardinal Candy' may miss the pollination window with the 'Erie' and possibly the 'Michael Dodge'. I'm going to put my new 'Asian Beauty' in the backyard with the CC so hopefully they will pollinate each other next year.

Thumbnail by Sequoiadendron4

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.