Arum and Voodoo Lily

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

I have had this arum for over 5 years and it finally bloomed. My Voodoo lily has bloomed a couple of times but has been knocked down and broken the last 2 years by my dog. I have put a small fence around it and hopefully this will keep my dog Max away from it to let it bloom.

Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding
Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

I love the leaves, they are so interesting. Do you know what kind it is?

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

I'd also love to know what voodoo lily you have. I don't think I've seen one with those leaf markings.

As for the arum, I have a cautionary tale. I've been trying to get rid of mine for the past couple years. The first 5 years or so, my plant seemed totally well behaved. I enjoyed the marbled foliage and the strange towers of orange berries in the fall. Since then, they have reseeded like crazy and are popping up everywhere. I was a little late to respond to their spreading, but now I'm totally committed to their eradication. I've dug up the biggest one and am actively pulling the others wherever I can, but they're everywhere. Once a big clump gets going, the root is enormous and hard to completely eradicate.

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

The arum is italicum Marmoratum. The Voodoo Lily is Dracunculus vulgaris. The leaves are young.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.