Hosta bed

Owosso, MI(Zone 5b)

I am trying to put in a shaded bed and thought Hostas would be best but and other suggestions would be appreciated.
If anyone has any Hostas or shad plants to trade please look at my list and let me know.
I need to update my list because I’ve lost a lot of my plants and Hostas especially.
Haven’t been doymuch for about 5 years as I was recovering from illness but I’m feeling like it now.
Please d-mail me please.
Jan

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7b)

I have a lot of green / white leaf hostas, not sure if exact species, they are very pretty & stand out, I like to trade for anything I don’t already have, open to anyone for trades! Just message me.

Things to include with hosta: columbine, Japanese painted ferns, purple shamrock, hardy begonias, bloodroot, variegated bishops weed, I have plenty of all these, just look in the pictures, open for trade!!!
Forest

Thumbnail by hollow Thumbnail by hollow Thumbnail by hollow Thumbnail by hollow Thumbnail by hollow
Owosso, MI(Zone 5b)

I do love your Hostas and Im sure we could find out what kind they. I’m not crazy about Columbines they go crazy and I want things that stay in a clump.
The place I’m starting this bed is on a hillside so I want things with little maintenance becyI don’t want to have to climb it a lot to weed out things that take over. I plan on highly mulching it too.
I have blood root and love it, I love your fern, and I have Hellebore to share, and this plant that I’m sending a picture of I want to ID it on here if i can.
I also have Autumn crocus bulbs to trade.
Thank Jan

Thumbnail by ryguy319
Knoxville, TN(Zone 7b)

I don’t know the name of that plant in your picture, but it’s pretty, I’d like to have one of those in my garden. What do you think about the purple shamrock, it grows in clumps from roots similar to the way bloodroot grows. There are some other plants the grow well in clumps, can’t think of names right now but will try to send a pic of them tomorrow.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7b)

There are some small growing sedums that will grow in shade, they do grow faster and spread more in sun, & some are variegated, just a thought.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.