CLOSED: Succulent Plants Swap Sign Up

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

I received the most incredible and overly generous box of succulents from Cville_Gardener. They are all big, beautiful plants and I am simply at a loss for words. I can't thank you enough Carole. They are just gorgeous.

Aeonium 'Kiwi'
Crassula Marginalis Rubra 'Variegata'
Adromischus Cristatus
Rhipsalis
Crassula mesembryanthemopsis
Albuca 'Frizzle Sizzle'
Delosperma 'Fire Spinner'

Thumbnail by FloGro Thumbnail by FloGro Thumbnail by FloGro
Ocean Springs, MS

Happy Mother's Day!

Wow, Tracy, that's a beautiful collection of plants! Very unique, too! Carole, great job!

Love to all ♥

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Tracy, I'm happy you like the plants. I really like the Albuca, but, hey, I like all succulents. They are the coolest plants! :)

Ocean Springs, MS

I agree. The more I look, the more I like. The more I like, the more I want! LOL

Ocean Springs, MS

Just wondering how everyone is doing? Things are busy around here with the babies, but good. Finally had the doctor prescribe something for my fibromyalgia. It is helping but leaves me feeling tired and occasional headaches. But it's better than being in pain!

My box will go out to my buddy later this week. Sorry I'm running behind!

Kathy, sending you a dmail.

Have a good evening! ♥

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

i haven't received anything yet but the anticipation is mounting. :)

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Quote from Cville_Gardener :
i haven't received anything yet but the anticipation is mounting. :)

same here. my buddies box went out this am..

Ocean Springs, MS

Great, Debra! I'm mailing mine later this week.

Tracy, are you with us?

I'm here. I've been doing a lot of running around lately but I do check the thread from time to time.

Ocean Springs, MS

Glad to know you are ok!

I got my box from Debra today! Beautiful and packed to the top! Thank you so much for such a variety and for beautiful plants! I love them all. Thank you for the Ric Rac cuttings. I had one a few years back but lost it during the move here 5 years ago.

Pic 1: Red heart sempervivum
Stonecrop
Another sempervivum

Pic 2: Basket Trailing Jade
Unknown ???
Cute Aloe

Pic 3: Silver Squill
Ric Rac Cactus
Epi

Pic 4: A very special plant from Debra's sister, Sherry. Mother of Thousands (like the color)

Debra, I feel very special to have received such beautiful plants. Thank you again! ♥

My box is going out tomorrow! Hopefully, it will arrive Saturday! :)

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl

Glad you like them, Julie, # 2 is some kind of succulent, the nursery didn't have a name, but I bet we can find one. That ric rac is easy, it had already rooted in that silly water bottle with just a couple drops of water and a rock.. LOL Stuck it in there as soon as I saw you wanted one.

Ocean Springs, MS

Once again, thank you! I'm having to add shelves to my sunroom windows to hold my new succulents. How do you water your sempervivums and echies?

Julie mine are in ground with the rock garden and cactus so I don't water those, I keep the ric rac and epis in baskets that are root bound. don't water too much. Gotta go get this egg off my face, talk later.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks, Debra. My yard is wet, so putting them in the ground here is probably not a good idea. I guess I'll get a big clay pot and put them in it. Like to see them arranged together rather than just sitting in pots by themselves.

Got my box mailed out yesterday.
Remember tomorrow is the mailing deadline. If you can't mail tomorrow, please message me so I can let your buddy know. Thanks

a gal I work with took some of the sedum I gave her and some that she bought herself and made the cutest succulent display out of a copper tea pot she got at goodwill. SO cute! This old tea kettle is pretty big, and it holds a lot every year someone at work gave this little bathtub to me she found at an estate sale, the lot in the 4th pic you see obviously was not cold hardy.. Last pic is a wire fruit basket filled with a clear plastic bag liner with slits cut filed and it has a handle, I gave it to the gal I work with for a house warming need some plants kinda gift. She sure has a bare canvass at her place, glad to be a part of getting her started. She keeps her containers of hens and chicks and stuff in the garage in winter. Her inside window area is perfect for a sedum container.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Sweet Debra. Love those. Succulents lend themselves to container gardening so well.

I finally got the last item last night and my box is ready to go but because Memorial Day is on Monday I will ship it Tuesday.

Ocean Springs, MS

Beautiful container arrangements, Debra! Need you here tob help me! :)

Tracy, Tuesday is fine for mailing. Thanks for letting us know.

Everyone have a beautiful weekend. Please remember Memorial Day and what it means! They were the brave who kept us free! ♥

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

i received a great box from Julie today. I'll post photos tomorrow.

Thank you, Julie. You sent so much!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

The box of succulents from Julie. I like them all - especially the Albuca 'Frizzle Sizzle', the Opuntia, the Stapelia, and the Aoes. :)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

great selection, Carole. Good Job Julie! Rained all weekend, we went to the cemetery yesterday to decorate my sister, mom and others, as well as my son's family on his side... it has been a depressing weekend but now the sun is shining. I saw where Sapulva was flooded, worried about those folks in Oklahoma. Joe finally got to BBQ his hamburgers today, so it is ending with a positive.

Ocean Springs, MS

Carole, so glad you like the plants. Hope the Albuca bounces back for you! I thought the 'Curiosity' was really unique! And the Opuntia is supposed to be 'Queen Silver Needles'- if I'm not mistaken. Hope the cuttings continue to root well for you!

Debra, I've had a depressing weekend, too! Nothing more depressing than having a guy tell you that you're the best thing that ever happened to him, BUT he still has feelings for his ex-wife! Needless to say, that relationship is OVER! I'm ok, just going to focus on my family and myself. I still have things I want to do and I am going forward! :)

Julie {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Good for you! My daughter, Rose just went thru the same thing. Stay Focused on yourself.

It has rained and rained.. I am ready for some sunshine and warmth.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Julie, I'm glad to know the name of the Opuntia. I luv Opuntias! I think the Albuca will bounce back since it's a bulb.

Yes, going forward is the thing to do.

It rained here for most of the past 36 hours straight, but today is sunny and beautiful.

Ya'll enjoy your day.

Ocean Springs, MS

Hugs to your daughter, Debra. I've found that most guys my age are one of two categories: either staying single OR just want someone to "mother" them. I just give up!

Carole, so glad you got some sunshine today! :)

Julie, I love my succulent collection you sent me, thanks so much. It is beautiful.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, Debra, your dish is from Tracy (Flogro). She sent a beautiful dish garden! Thanks, Tracy!

Well, our swap is complete. Thank you all for a great swap. Kathy, I'm mailing your box out tomorrow... if the USPS website cooperates! :)

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie, I will let you know when I receive it. Once again, thanks so much.

Oh well! Thanks Tracy, it is lovely and arrived in one piece. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.