CLOSED: Succulent Plants Swap Sign Up

Ocean Springs, MS

Are you ready to trade some really unique succulents? Want something new to add to your collection? Then sign up for the Succulent plant swap! :)

Send succulent plants ONLY! Send at least one full size plant and at least 3-4 rooted cuttings! If you send unrooted cuttings as extras, please include name of plant and growing info. Please send a variety. For example, if you send a variety of hens and chicks, it counts as one plant! Please list wants, but remember that your buddy may not be able to accommodate your requests.

I will take names until May 2! Mail out date will be May 23!
Make sure you're paid up with DG through May, and please take pictures of your plants before you mail, as some may not have a camera.
If you're not in the address exchange, please send me your mailing address.
Let's try to keep the cost to about $20.00, plus postage. Delivery confirmation number is now automatic when you mail flat rate. If you do not mail a flat rate package, make sure you get a delivery confirmation number so we can keep track of the boxes.
If there is anyone that has not participated in any of my swaps, please send me your mailing address and phone number.

Okay, let the fun begin!

Ocean Springs, MS

Reserved for participants!

Froggiesgirl: received

Flogro: received

Joeswife:

Katgroves: I'm sending a small box for postage

Cville_gardener:

This message was edited May 18, 2015 5:15 PM

This message was edited May 22, 2015 5:52 PM

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Count me in! Succulents are the hands down favorite around here. DH Is working up an obsession!

Ocean Springs, MS

Welcome. Tracy! I started my cuttings a couple months ago, so they are ready to go!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Okay, I'm interested in this one.. :D

Ocean Springs, MS

hello, Debra! It will be interesting to see what gets swapped!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I have a probably stupid question. I have a10" plastic planter that my gnome garden is going in. What kind of plants can I put in with it? Thanks in advance. Kathy.

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, I'm leaving that question to the girls closer to your zone. Are you wanting succulent plants? A mixture of small and tall?

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie yes i want small ones that will fit in the planter.

Ocean Springs, MS

Hens and chicks, creeping sedum, small aloes... Can anyone else give any ideas?

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, are you joining us for the swap?

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I could do a small box for postage as I have none to trade.

Ocean Springs, MS

Ok, I could do one small box for postage. I'll let you know when I'm ready to mail. It will probably be after I get home from my trip.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Julie. Just let me know when to send you the money

Ocean Springs, MS

ok. I'll make sure I send some for your gnome planter! :)

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Very much appreciated.

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm glad you girls have signed up. If we don't get anyone else, do you still want to have the swap? Either way is ok with me! :)

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

I still want to swap. Even if it's just us. You can give it a little more time if you think it will help. Maybe drop a line on the succulent forum.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks, Tracy! The swap will go on! :)

I sure saw some cool succulents at the place I get my bird food at today..

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oops ... thought I had signed up for this one. Guess not. Add my name please, Julie. Due to circumstances, I may mail order and I am also happy to receive them that way.

Carole

Ocean Springs, MS

Got you added, Carole! So glad you joined!

Ocean Springs, MS

Debra, that's great! Always fun finding new things! :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Only one more day to sign up! :)

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

sorry Julie all I Have are differant types of Hens-N-Chicks don't know their names , but i will watch you all Have fun.

Ocean Springs, MS

That's ok, Susie! Love having your company!

Names are being sent out soon!

Ocean Springs, MS

Names have been sent! Swap is CLOSED to new participants!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I've got my name. Thanks, Julie.

Where is everyones "want" list at? Do we have a thread for that?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I don't think there's a specific Want List for this succulent swap. There are 5 of us so maybe we could just post our Wants here so they're easy to locate?

My favorite succulents are the Echeverias. I like anything that's unusual. I would love to have a larger Aloe polyphylla or an Albuca 'Frizzle Sizzle' but the former is usually way too pricey unless someone can find one that isn't.

Any succulents you send will be fine with me. I do have a lot of Sempervivums so I really don't need any more of those. ;)

I am clueless about succulents. I have cactus, aloes, agaves and sedums LOL I can't seem to keep a hen and chick alive.. just saying..I will have to google Echeveria just to know what it is..

Ocean Springs, MS

Debra, I have the same problem with hens and chicks! Maybe Susie can give us some tips!

I'm not picky about what I get either. Would love any stapeliad, ric-rac cactus, rhipsalis, or anything colorful and unusual.

Have fun looking! :)

I Had mine in the ground & they did not do as well So I Dug them up & Put into pots & They have DBL in Size & I need to split a few & repot them I Have many more but just wanted to show you a few & How i do them . the soil in the pots is an all Nature Garden soil I buy at our Local Tractor suply store. all my plants have done so much better with it then Miragrow soil.
well off to play u all have a great day .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Ocean Springs, MS

Are they in sun or shade? How do you water them? Thanks, Susie

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I have mine in part sun and usually just let our natural rainfall water them. Most of my semps and sedums are in containers.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

same here CV But mostly full sun here so I do not have lot of shade till afterNoon & Just east side of the House , or north side but really no place to put them in those beds :(.
but i do think the soil has allot to do with their Growth. I know they do not like Miragro soil & did not like my clay-sand.
Good luck to all .

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks, girls. I have a few single plants that are trying to survive. When I get home, I'll repot them and see if they do better. Carole, I like the little accents you put in the pots! Very cute!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you, Julie. Semps also work well in a miniature display.

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm planning to put mine in a 10" clay pot and decorate it with fairy accents. I have a plant stand that I'll use to make it stand a little taller than my foundation plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.