Your Neck of the Woods 2015 Part 3

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Judging by the guys' shirts (and the sweat on many of them), one can tell that shot was taken after a game. One can also tell who really played. ;) That sounds like one butt-kickin' guy, Gita, someone whom it is an honor to know. :)

Refresh our memories now please, what is the topic at hand? ;)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Ahhhh---I had to look,,,,,, "Neck of the Woods"---that IS the topic.

Whatever "Neck of the Woods" means? Just kidding....much "necking" always
happened in the Woods in my day.

Re the photo--Seems they always took a Team Photo after the game
when everyone looked sopping wet and wasted.
Maybe if they had lost-- no photo would have been taken?

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm sitting at the toyota dealership for the 130,000 mile maintenance and the state inspection which, oops, went dead at the end of April. Trying to use my cell phone to catch up on dg threads is passing the time quite nicely. Still have problems typing with fat fingers on this dinky screen.

As much as I give "smart" phones a hard time, there sure are some helpful uses for them, huh? ;)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, I remember all that necking in the woods, too. LOL
The term "Your neck of the woods" means Your area, so asking what is happening in your neck of the woods means what is going on in your area.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Holly--you are too much!!! Ah SO!
I DO know what "Neck of the woods"means....I was just funning around....

Speedie wrote:
That sounds like one butt-kickin' guy, Gita, someone whom it is an honor to know. :)

YUP! And--MY "butt kicking Guy"--#13--is right next to HIM.
He was a pretty awesome player as well. One could say we met playing V-Ball.
G.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL Gita, You have made a few funny comments about the name of this thread from time to time so I thought maybe it wasn't a phrase that you were familiar with.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hehehe, you guys are funny. And I for one enjoy the vball talk, too.

Just returned last night from a conference on Amelia Island. I learned a lot, but felt like a fish out of water at the resort where we stayed. I didn't take any pics, but the agapanthus were beautiful. There were four weddings on the grounds over the weekend. Amazing to watch them transform from one to another. There were gopher tortoises on the dunes that would come up to eat the yellow marigolds in flower pots.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Amelia Island was our stop off spot when the kids were little and we traveled to Fl to visit Ric's parents. When we would stop it was with the van or motor home and we would stop at the beach and have lunch and a swim to break up the drive.
I have never made it to the Plantation but DD Jen has been there once for a wedding and once for a conference. Beautiful I hear.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Well, last night was sitting at the Toyota dealer for a few hours waiting while maintenance was being done. Tonight i'm back at the tire shop having them look at the tire they patched a few weeks ago. It went flat again. I asked if I should just buy a new one since it appears the patch isn't holding, but they wanted to check it first. Cell phone for checking dg is coming in handy again lol. Nice way to spend a Friday night. At least the traffic backups on 15 north of leesburg may wind down by the time I get out of here.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Bummer, Terri. Let's hope your wait at least gains you an easy ride the rest of the way.

Had to dash outside a few minutes ago -- my yard art was getting rained on. Hope there is more coming.

And wrong thread, but hurray Sally for the free mulch, just when you needed it.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Just wanted to share my weekend with you, my daughter Anna married a wonderful young man named Johnethen. He love my grandson Noah and the make a great little family. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was fun. The father daughter dance was to Tim McGraw's My Little Girl, I don't remember what son the mother son was but the words were very appropriate.

Thumbnail by Catbird423 Thumbnail by Catbird423 Thumbnail by Catbird423 Thumbnail by Catbird423 Thumbnail by Catbird423
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh my, what a lovely bride. Looks like it was a wonderful wedding and a great time for you.
BTW the Mother of the Bride looks just lovely, too.

Frederick, MD

Congrats, Catbird. What a beautiful bride and looks like a great reception. Hope they have many, many years of blissful happiness. Thanks for sharing with us.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Wonderful photos, Robin! I see you won your battle with that dress, LOL. Your daughter shares your joyful, determined spirit, I can see it in her eyes and in her smile! Many blessings and good wishes for them. *hugs*

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Robin, very, very nice! The bride is beautiful and you look great! I love the 4th photo he he he, WHAT is he doing under there???

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Congratulations, Catbird! What a beautiful bride!

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Haha...Terri! Looks very pretty Catbird! Congrats to them both.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Robin--
I LOVE. LOVE the 1st photo! Your daughter looks so serene. SO beautiful!
That picture should be framed.
You look so colorful too--and so happy--as any Mom can at her daughter's wedding.

In the Father-Daughter dance picture-----is that your Ex?

In the last picture--is it safe to assume that that is the Groom?

Hope you can share more pictures of this celebrations.
Congratulations! Gita

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Congrats!!! Beautiful

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Distant screams over the next few days may be 'this' dinosaur being dragged out of the later stone age- learning a new phone, setting up Google Calendar etc....

But really, since we use Google calendar at work, it's not that bad. And I know I better keep up with technology as much as possible!!!!!!!!!

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Dinosaur? Sally surely you aren't a day over 39!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

One thing I learned at the credit union conference was about DATA and keeping up with it. Different ways to pay especially. Apple pay, those watch things, Bitcoin. The one presenter said more elderly are actually embracing newer technology because they can use fingerprint security and not have to remember passwords or PIN numbers.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Yeah that's great to have finger print security. I refuse to use Bitcoin though. I think it is an abomination of the money system and it basically scares me.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, LOL I got a Smartphone in April before we headed to Fl. My old flip phone was just fine for what I wanted to do which was talk on the phone. LOL
I think the only real reason I upgraded was for the Navigator and I will say that I really do like that a lot and it came in really handy not only while traveling but here at home, too. If I had a different type of lifestyle I could see things like email access would be handy but it isn't something that I have really needed. Maybe if I travel without the laptop I would use it more and I rarely post of facebook but since the sound system on the lap top is out I find I use it for watching video posts on facebook. Not really sure that it was worth the added monthly expense but we will see over time.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

June 6-7 is the "Virginia Herb Festival" at Sunflower Cottage in Middletown, VA (near Winchester). I'm not sure how big a deal it is, but it could be a nice round trip combined with the Museum of the Shenendoah (and gardens) in Winchester, plus a stop at DeBaggio's near Chantilly.

Anybody want to come with or meet up?

This one has fingerprint option tho I have not set it yet. I do imagine I could do without so many passwords in my life!
Worth it Holly? To paraphrase L'Oréal commercials yeah we are worth it! Whatever it is.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Sally---
I used to struggle over what to change my passwords to. It was so hard to decide...
Then, one day, I decided to use any aspect of my job as my password.

Since I work in Garden-here are some current ones I used:

--snowman28 (Garden is Dept. 28)--which suited the winter months
--hosend02--fits well in right now.

Try to pick something you will easily remember...

--name of book and page number...
--gardenwoes15
--books4sale
or--hatekids2014

Get the idea?

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Congratulations, Catbird!

yup, goos ideas Gita. For a time, my PW at work was dervied from the name of some screen cleaning wipes for the comuter, the box sat there on a shelf near me. KleenRite or something, so it was already midified to be not real words.

I do have a system for my passwords. But I can't tell you about it or I'll have to kill you all. And I'm probably breaking somebody's rules because I use one part in multiple passwords, to get me the capitals and odd characters, along with the rest that is custom to each site.

Speaking of codes (sort of) we watched Imitation Game. Good movie, although it is said there were many creative additions to the real story- Hollywood ya know.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Just moved that to the top of my Netflix list.
Can't wait to see the Lady in Gold missed it at the theathers so I guess it will be a while till I get to see that one.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Since I didn't have any good pictures of the groom here is one of him and my daughter, and one of my daughter and her son.

Yes Gita, that is my 'ex' with Anna for the Father Daughter dance.

This message was edited Jun 4, 2015 2:10 PM

Thumbnail by Catbird423 Thumbnail by Catbird423 Thumbnail by Catbird423
Frederick, MD

Beautiful, handsome and fit well together, Catbird. Thanks for sharing !

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Robin, she is really pretty. Her bird tattoos are tastefully done too and actually look great with that kind of backless, shoulderless dress. Gotta love weddings.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Congratulations Catbird, and to your daughter!! Such absolutely beautiful pics!! < =D

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Happily relocated a Ground Hog today.

LOL LOL!!! Oh my gosh, at first I mis-read that as saying "Happy Relocated Ground Hog Day", hahahaahaaa!!!!

Ummm... did it get relocated to a Dutch oven?? < =/

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL, No it was a very smart GH it got into the trap before we needed to get out the gun. Ric took it a few miles away where there is a power line and creek. Plenty to eat and drink and no neighbors to annoy. He had the trap sitting by the patio because he had been under the patio. Lately I kept seeing him over by the rocks so I figured he might have moved. So the other day I set the trap over there. Only thing is that I didn't bother to bait it at the time, just moved it. There were a couple very old and dried up cantaloupe rinds still in the trap certainly not anything that I thought would draw him inside. He must have know that it was his last chance for a happy new home and jumped right in.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

No this one was nosy and checked out a trap with dried up cantaloupe in it. The ones that go to the Dutch oven are the ones that refuse to be trapped and die of acute lead poisoning.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.