Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1388308

Thumbnail by patootie

My indica in 2013

This message was edited Apr 7, 2015 1:00 AM

Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

That Indica s so pretty. I still have not grown one, but I sure like looking at yours.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Very nice blooms. Thanks for the new room.

I am still waiting for more babies to pop up. SO far I have only 4.

Thanks Debra and Linda. You know, indica
has never made seeds for me, not even once. If I can
ever get it to bloom again, I need to try hand pollinating

Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom on your indica Jackie. I hope mine does better this year too. Seems to bloom late just before frost gets here.

Still too many seedlings to transplant here.

Gautier, MS

Here are some pictures I took yesterday of my other roses and hummingbird plants. Love the delicate pink color of the snow pea.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena, love that bottle brush too! I keep looking for one to be sold around here, but no luck so far.

Gorgeous Roses Helena, love that pink. Is that a red Buckeye in
your 2nd pic ? I like the snow pea too.

Orange Abutilon, Gerbera Daisy, my hummer shrubs still in starter pot,
Airplane
My Choc Mimosas reverted to green. I hope they change back to chocolate.

This message was edited Apr 10, 2015 12:04 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are nice plants. I hope it reverts back to chocolate too!

Thanks Linda, I think they will change back to chocolate.

Trying to plant Aogakiyama today and a few others. Still mostly trying to dig out my favorites and choose new ones to plant. .

Thumbnail by patootie

Oops, heres the pic

This message was edited Apr 12, 2015 10:44 AM

Thumbnail by patootie

That is beautiful!

Happy Birthday Debra! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Thumbnail by taters55
Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Jackie.

Happy Birthday Debra! Hope you had a great day.

I see at least 3 vines with tiny mg buds!

Girls, I had already started a Happy birthday thread for Deb.this morning. :-).
Heres the link

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1390800

Thanks Linda and Helena. Looking forward to your new mg blooms Helena,

This message was edited Apr 12, 2015 4:38 PM

So sorry, I did not see the thread.

Hi I am back and about to go to bed, I am sure I missed some blooms, I love the ones you posted Jackie and Helena. It is raining finally!
I have some color out side..
Jackie I gave KayJones the cup I started and got to bud stage of blushing bride and blue silk from you, it was her birthday weekend too , and she does not have any morning glories. I also started a pot of morning glory seeds for her. I hope we see some pics. The yellow passion vine is all over the window downstairs now. I am going to have to cut it and take it outside. Do you think I can start any from the part I cut off?

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Thats ok :Linda.
Love your blooms Debra, pretty little Citrina passion flower. I've never tried to'root one.
You might try one cutting in water and one in potting mix/soil.
Pretty mg on the end.

Nice to hear you came home to all those blooms. I would go ahead and try to root the cuttings, never can hurt to try.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Debra. I would try to root the cuttings too. Glad you had a good weekend.

Jackie were you able to start your seeds yet? I sowed some more that I soaked yesterday, pumpkin, flying saucer and a few others.

We are getting so much rain right now but the fun part is having a few hummers chasing each other all over the yard.

Thanks, Helena.. how fun to watch the hummers!

Jackie that last mg pic I posted came from you.

I love our hummers.

Debra, I'm not sure which mg that is but is very pretty.I'm still going thru sds so
will probably come across the name
Helena, I have 15 or so started which includes some single blue pea vines. Trying to plant another 15 or more mg's b4 the day is over. Since mine takes more thn 8 weeks, will probably be July b4 I get blooms. :-(
The 15 I started today includes 7 or more of your sds all the way back to 08.Trying to go thru all of my older sd packets.

My eyesight so bad the eye dr told me I have Cataracts on my eyes. No wonder I was struggling to see. .

Sorry to hear about your cataracts.

Thanks Linda. I dread the surgery but will be glad to be able to see again.

When do you have surgery?

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I'm glad to hear you got some seeds going. Sorry to hear about your Cataracts. I hope surgery goes well. I consider myself blind when it comes to reading and seeing tiny things.

I have some of your seeds going too Jackie but I also started some older seeds too. I'm finding that not all take.

Dear Jackie, everyone I know says their surgery was fast swift and their vision was perfect with no need for glasses in most cases. In my case, I will still need glasses because of my eye disease, but only for reading at that time. I hope this makes you feel better, it is a really easy operation and you will be glad to be able to see well.
I also planted seeds from years past/.. LOL we all must be just seed Hoarders. :)

Linda, They haven't even called me to set up my appt yet. Referred by my regular eye Dr/
Debra, DH has had both eyes operated on and he says it was nothing..Could tell
a big improvement by the next day.
Worried about the older seeds too Helena and Debra.Would be a shame to lose them
because I;ve waited too long, I've got old sds from you too Debra and from Becky and Ronnie,
all needing to be started. SMH

This message was edited Apr 14, 2015 1:16 PM

oh I think trying old seeds will be fun fun fun.. I am going to dig out some more tonight when I get off work.
I untangled and cut away the prennial species mgs growing in a tangled mess, found mealey bugs, stripped the leaves off the cut off ends, washed them in soapy water and now they are in a green skinny bottle hoping to see roots, the bottoms are outside in the fresh air. Next will be undoing the yellow passion vine and the calico vine. I almost cried as I cut the Y"s off my plumeria and sesbaunia, they are rooting now, here is hoping. I just wanted to cry..

Debra, can you root morning glory cuttings?

I'm sure trying, LK.

Minneapolis, MN

1st tray of paper towel germinated morning glories just have to wait for the rest to pop up. i even got a mutant with 3 seed leaves!

Thumbnail by sonorahong Thumbnail by sonorahong Thumbnail by sonorahong

looks good there sonorahong, welcome to the forum, what is your name?
I hope you come back more often.. I am Debra.
Jackie, I got a bloom from one of your seeds, will download tomorrow, I just knocked over a whole shelf of seedlings and am still cleaning up the mess.

Your seedlings look good sonorahong.
Debra, now that sounds like something I would do. :-)
Can you salvage any of your seedlings?

Minneapolis, MN

my name is sonora. i will be back visiting fairly often. but i have my own morning glory page i started last summer so i won't post too often. here is what has been blooming in my kitchen.

Thumbnail by sonorahong Thumbnail by sonorahong
Gautier, MS

That's nice to see Sonora. Pretty blooms too!

Today I'm spotting lot's of purpureas popping up here and there and yes I'm digging them up and getting into pots. After all this rain starting to find the little red mg popping up all over too.

Nice blooms Sonora.
Helena, I have only 1 volunteer, very strange.
No sign of pandy yet,

I have been looking for my pandys too, Jackie. I have seedlings all over the place out back and out front... ut oh.. LOL Outside, I have a salvia blooming, a pink akatsu from Jackie, spanish flag , and lots of cool things blooming outside now..I worked 11 hours today, I go in at 7 am, so I am going to call it a night.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.