Grandio Greenhouse - Anyone have one?

Central, TX(Zone 8b)

If you have a Grandio please give me your opinion of this greenhouse and your experience with its performance. Also interested in foundation, flooring, shelving, etc. Photos appreciated!

Yellville, AR(Zone 6b)

Sorry no one has responded to your question but that lack of response does give you a clue. :) Part of the issue may be that these particular ghs have previous been sold under several different brand names and reviews have always been mixed - thus the frequent name changes. Cost is a factor I know but long-term quality and availability of replacement parts may be a real issue with these. So explore your options first with companies that have been in existence for much longer and are willing to provide customer references for you to contact directly.

Foundation options for most any GH range from railroad/landscaping ties, to concrete blocks, to poured concrete footings (the most stable and longest lasting). Flooring options include thick layers of gravel over heavy duty landscaping plastic fabric to poured concrete floors with spaced drains. Life in a gh can be quite messy, muddy, and wet so easy cleanup and fast drainage is important. Personally I prefer the gravel option in my greenhouses for that reason. Shelving options are virtually unlimited but I will say the need for them to be a set-up flexible as possible is vital. Nothing is worse than a fixed shelving system with fixed spacing and fixed locations that do not allow for change as you plant choices and the plant needs change. Keep in mind that wide, single level, flat surfaces like table tops will better serve a wide variety of plants than stackable shelves will. Stackable units interfere with light exposure. So keep the system flexible.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

This looks like the Rion greenhouse. I found it impossible for me to put it together alone. I gave up and put together the frame and covered it with plastic.

Charleston, SC

Hi there.
I realize this thread is a bit old but I just wanted to put my two cents in because I own a Grandio Greenhouse and I just love it. I purchased a 8x12 Ascent about a year and a half ago so I'm going into my second season using it . The quality is fantastic wasn't that hard to put together Has good headroom and in my option the price is affordable compared to a lot of the other ones out there and I did a ton of research. It doesn't need all the structural reinforcement and editions like some of the other greenhouses you'll find on the market that are cheaper, you just build it and use it! I'm Charleston South Carolina and it works perfectly for me.

These pictures were taken after its completion to see more click here

https://perfectlyimperpectgardnercom.wordpress.com

If anyone has any questions just let me know I'd love to hear about what kind of greenhouses others have and what everybody is growing in them. So thrilled that I got a greenhouse again had one when I lived in New York and missed you terribly.

Thumbnail by 843rphyllis Thumbnail by 843rphyllis
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Bump due to time stamp issues

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Another *Bump* to test if time stamp is fixed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.